• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT28| Welcome to the Penis Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoever it was who said the Waypoint podcast had improved a lot was totally right. I hadn't listened to any since the first couple, but the latest one was fun and interesting. It might be the third best podcast in the world.

1) Beastcast
2) Game Informer Show
3) Waypoint?

dcassell

Banned
Man Dethklok was cool.

Saw them in concert. It was pretty great.

Guitar Hero 2 is a top-5 game for me. I easily put in 500+ hours on that thing during high school. Those games are actually what gave me confidence to do other music-related stuff.

Coin appraisal on a live stream is the most Vinny thing I've ever seen on Giant Bomb.

I finally watched the final season+movie last year and what a bummer the way that story was left hanging.

Brenden wants the series back SO bad, and has started other projects to try to add parts to the "Metalacolypse" story, but he's not allowed to use any of it. Galakatica (or some spelling close to that) is the new band.

Adult Swim has actively mocked the fans of the show in retaliation to them wanting Brenden to be able to finish it.

beastcast_tshirt_002_banner_2_2048x2048.jpg

I like the shirt design... But as a fellow pastey white dude... I don't know about the color

for me its more a problem cause i am a mess and stain white shirts haha, I bought one though :D

Curufinwe

I need to play Nier.

Will probably get to it during the summer lull.

My gaming summer is looking busy thanks to Wipeout Omega (6/6) and FFXII (7/11). I'll probably have to wait till later to find time for Dirt 4 which also comes out on 6/6. And getting FFXII finished before Uncharted The Lost legacy comes out on 8/22 will be tough.

This whole year I've had to push myself to finish my current game before the new big title came out. FFXV into RE7 into Nioh into Nier into P5, and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. And that's not even taking into account the DLC for those games.

I don't keep great track of release dates, so a bummer thing with early review embargoes is that I'm used to seeing reviews and being able to buy and play that game immediately. Just realized I can't actually start playing Mario Kart on my Switch tonight, dang.

Jintor

Guys i just had the weirdest most specific dream I've had in ages and I woke up and flipped on the computer right away to tell you about it because for about 3 minutes after waking up I couldn't tell whether it was real or not because it weirdly intersected with an Endurance Run and I woke up convinced there was new site content which is fucking bizarre.

I dreamt I was being paid to review a bunch of trailers for a really shitty horror film that were all terribly paced and way to expositionary. It was about a resident evil kinda of knock off film set in a creepy mansion in the middle of nowhere. I don't remember the first 4 'trailers' aside from remembering that they were really fucking garbage and I knew they were garbage and was writing notes to that effect to send to the guys who were making the film. It was like, some celebrity lady actress who went to this mansion or grew up here and then came back with a movie crew or something? and then there was a lot of your typical monster-stalking one-by-one killing off of the cast, I specifically remember some kind of 'evil monster trapped in the attic' vibe. The only thing I remember about this bit was that every single one of the trailers was far too expositionary and kept adding more and more plot points while being a shitty trailer.

The fifth trailer I watched was two FBI agents who turned up to investigate the house and at this point I think I must have had GB on the brain because Jeff, Vinny and Jason turned up as disembodied voices or presences or something and basically I became convinced I was actually watching a QL of a game that they found so horrifyingly bad they became compelled to complete it.

Specific scenes I can recall:
  • The two FBI agents are one more serious, one jackass jock bro kind of FBI agent. They enter the house which is in disarray, one picks up a picture of the 'cast' who had previously visited and flips it over, on the back is the date "13/1" and the bro goes "Oh man I can't believe it's one year right after her birthday!".
  • Vinny was driving and ended up controlling bro FBI agent as the protagonist kind of like Deadly Premonition style.
  • For some reason the two of them are captured and the old guy gets tied to a bed or something and the evil thing monster of the house I'm pretty sure is the actress herself or the mother of the actress or something but like some kind of demon hell woman and she's dressing the older FBI agent up as the actress I think? and the bro FBI agent is in the ceiling watching and pissing himself scared. The agent in the ceiling is some kind of QTE thing to remain undetected and Jeff and Vinny are straight up pissed at how bad the QTEs are and keep getting terrible outcomes like the bro FBI agent nearly revealing himself. The monster is going on and on about how the actress was actually some kind of demon baby, or was born outside the womb, or some shit, I don't know.
  • The two escape somehow and confront the monster on the steps of the house. I remember thinking that the older female agent has been forcibly cross-dressed by the demented mother-actress-monster thing and had lipstick smeared across his face and is wearing a dress. I couldn't tell if the tone was meant to be comedic or horrifying. Anyway here's where the old guy dies saving the young guy somehow.
  • Vinny running around sheds outside with an axe and getting stuck in level geometry
  • An ending boss fight which is basically the bro FBI agent just shooting a floating grudge girl repeatedly in the face while Jeff complains about how disappointing this boss fight is because he found a way to cheese it utterly. It's janky as fuck. When the boss dies she plays a voice clip that goes "I've been alive since the bombs fell... in 1384!" and explodes in a puff of light, Vinny cracks up laughing at how lame the line is and then falls silent when the pinpoint of light expands to show the in-game text "You have unlocked the (Something something) BUTTERFLY KNIFE! To get it click the barrel on the porch when you start a new game"

at this point I woke up convinced it was real and it took a few minutes to realise, uh, nope

Anjin M

Yeah. This is the first Persona game I've tried to play in earnest, but I've watched all of 3 and 4 and the anime as well. All those experiences have been far more rewarding and fun than actually playing the games, which is a shame.

I'm 50 hrs into P5 and the pacing just all over the place. I know that's par for the course with this series, but it's still really frustrating and I'm finding I enjoy this series more distilled into a format where I can digest the story easily, on in the background (like an Endurance Run), or on a portable platform where I can chip away at it every now and then.
I got just past the first palace and have stopped playing. I'm starting to think that the Jimquisition review saying it would be better portable was right.

Jintor

well a 100 hour turn-based rpg that doesn't require crazy reaction timing is always going to be better portable, given a proper suspend mode (and no reduction in quality)

Hindl

Yeah once I start playing each night I'll throw 4 hours into persona, but for some reason it's a big struggle to turn on my PS4 and TV to play it. I'll rebuy a switch version in a few years if they do it

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
new quake sucks. it takes far too long for games to start for the pace a quake game should be and most the abilities feel underwhelming. other than that it just controls like a quake game and i see no reason not to jut play quake live or quake arena instead

NDA deez nuts.

new quake sucks. it takes far too long for games to start for the pace a quake game should be and most the abilities feel underwhelming. other than that it just controls like a quake game and i see no reason not to jut play quake live or quake arena instead

NDA deez nuts.

Reported

I'm sure this has been suggested already, but I think the next This Is The Run should be Battlegrounds (live) and they play it until the are the last one standing (yes, that means if they die right away, they can't just start a new game immediately).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I have maybe liked 3 giant bomb merch items in its entire existence

I still use my vibribbon hoodie even though i t yellowed the white near instantly

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Apparently parts of SF are still in a power outage? UPF still happening?
Yea it's mostly downtown. My power has been up all day. Apparently there was a fire near a main breaker for the downtown area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom