• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like remember dystopic infamous 2 guy and the guy who gets way too turned on by cars? You can't get that with just trailers.

daveo42

Banned
Sony lacked some of the spectacle and live gameplay stuff of years past, making it much more of a clip show than anything else. There was barely even any hype talk around the games or what was just over the horizon for the brand. I'd be fine if they course corrected a bit this year, but that doesn't seem likely.

I'll say the one thing I'm fine with them abandoning are the long-winded bits about their non-game businesses during pressers. I still remember how Bendis talked for 20 minutes about how awesome Powers is and how fucking awesome a TV show based off of his comics was going to be.

Curufinwe

Oh god, that Powers segment went on forever.

I like the goofing, but I also like just hearing reactions to what's shown, like the Death Stranding trailer that Kojima presented.

kiguel182

If you are just going to show trailers just make an YouTube playlist and put them there. I barely remember anything from that pressed.

I want terrible and awkward segments.

oti

Banned
You guys are crazy. E3 is for watching trailers and announcements together. If you want Public Fremdschämen, might as well watch reality tv together.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
That's the actual misconception. Sony know that just uploading a video to Youtube isn't going to get anywhere near the attention as a live press conference that showcases their new games. It may not suit Giant Bomb's particular tastes, but the format was very well received last year by just about every other media outlet.

Obviously it makes a bigger impact for the games. What I mean is, from the point of being interested in the games itself, it does nothing interesting.
It's playing a Youtube trailer on a big screen.

More attention than a Youtube video? Obviously
More information than a Youtube video? No
I mean I could literally just skip the conference and watch all the trailers and hour later and get pretty much the same information, just without the "impact" which usually doesn't do anything for me anyway.

You guys are crazy. E3 is for watching trailers and announcements together. If you want Public Fremdschämen, might as well watch reality tv together.

E3 is Eurovision for gaming.

daveo42

Banned
I'd love to see another Konami 2010. Wasn't it SE that had that sort of vibe last year?

EA presser should be fun as well. Let's see what athlete they get to bore us again.

EA is always good for 50 minute nap and constant reminders that the good stuff is coming up soon*

their conference last year was depressing
please dont buy us

Get ready for a full hour of that as opposed to just the end of the conference.

Fantastapotamus

Maybe EA will show that train game again. Remember that?
Or that other game they showed last year but never ever talked about again.

Nah, I like both events for different reasons. Eurovision is about having fun with a super campy show. E3 is about genuine fun to me. Getting excited over games. Second Christmas and all that.

You guys are the worst.
THE WORST.

Eurovision is genuine fun for me. As for E3, I get excited over games and laugh at bad press conferences. Those things aren't mutually exclusive. Don't you tell me the world would be better place without that Konami PK. It's not like those segments stop Sony or Ubisoft so show off all the games.

If Sony's conference this year is just like last year's, then that's fine by me because that conference was perfect in terms of presentation.

bring back oldest logo

E3 is about genuine fun to me.

genuine fun
a9a.jpg

LiK

I'm interested in hearing his thoughts. Ben's Persona talk got cut real short on the Bombcast. Was hoping for more general likes/dislikes similar to what he said about dungeons.

Disappointed in Ben's final impressions. Barely talked about it and only mentioned the lows instead of the highs. His original first talk about it was good but he didn't even talk about what happens later on to any degree. I was quite bummed out about it. It was some vague shit.

I hope he gets into it and discusses some of the later cool moments. Of course, he won't be able to be too detailed about it because Vinny is still playing it but I'm glad he liked it.

kiguel182

The Eurovision has super campy moments but also super serious and some good songs thrown in the middle. If it was all campy it wouldn't work.

Same for E3. Without the campy stuff it's just an overly serious marketing event or just trailers.

Fantastapotamus

Remember when that dude talked about his driving game like he wanted to fuck the cars? Don't tell me that's not fun. If E3 was just trailers, I wouldn't even need to watch GB cause there's not much they can do or say about them other than "Oh, this looks good/bad/interesting"

You know, this. Whenever stuff like this happens I either mute the TV or focus on my phone.

I can't take this.

You're a spoilsport

ENGAGE!

Tubobutts

Nah, I like both events for different reasons. Eurovision is about having fun with a super campy show. E3 is about genuine fun to me. Getting excited over games. Second Christmas and all that.

You guys are the worst.
THE WORST.

You know, this. Whenever stuff like this happens I either mute the TV or focus on my phone.

I can't take this.
This sounds like a terrible way to live your life.

Fantastapotamus

Guys the xbox conference are gonna talk about their scorpip

Youll get awkward situations

Sony will just happen to be the best

That won't be awkward, just a bunch of boring tech talk and a reel of developers saying "Yes, the Scorpio is super powerful and we totally will make games for it".

LiK

MS presser is gonna be a complete bore if all they have is Scorpio hardware talk and no games to show. Hopefully it's not all tech demo garbo either.

Curufinwe

I think MS will have games. They must have Scorpio enhanced titles that are shipping in November with the console.

I would rather have him do spoilercast with Ben than dance around spoilers in beastcast but I don't know if that's too hard to arrange

I don't see there being much value in him talking about it at length unless Vinny is going to leave the room.

Fantastapotamus

MS presser is gonna be a complete bore if all they have is Scorpio hardware talk and no games to show. Hopefully it's not all tech demo garbo either.

They desperately need games. I can't really think off any upcoming MS game other than that Rare pirate game.
They will have some.

LiK

I have zero interest in Sea of Thieves.

I don't see there being much value in him talking about it at length unless Vinny is going to leave the room.

Vinny doesn't seem averse to minor spoilers cuz he openly asked questions about the game. Alex is also aware enough to not spoil anything major like some of the guys on Bombcast usually do. But I really do want a more detailed review in audio form on the show and I look forward to it. Really can't wait for Vinny to catch up too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom