• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
No but seriously, does anybody remember that train game EA showed 2 or 3 years ago?

Just wait until they announce the price

Itll go from 0 to 60 in awkwardness

That's still boring though. I want little kids yelling "FISTBUMP" not some dude saying "And it'll cost 499 USD, buy it nerds"

oti

Banned
Don't tell me you can't wait to #engage with the #Scorpio brand during the #ElectronicEntertainmentExpo listening to Spencer's #vision.

I'd be fully onboard a Waypoint-GB spoilercast of P5, if that's what it takes. They did something similar with Nier: Automata.

Which reminds me, I should probably... you know... finish Persona 5. It's so good I don't want it to end, which lead to me putting it down for weeks.

I want Alex to spoil it on the podcast

So I can finally unleash the mother of all spoilers whenever someone brings up Persona 5 in here again

Every time

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

So I can finally unleash the mother of all spoilers whenever someone brings up Persona 5 in here again

Every time

They should spoil it. I want to hear their opinions about this popular and important release.

erawsd

Obviously it makes a bigger impact for the games. What I mean is, from the point of being interested in the games itself, it does nothing interesting.
It's playing a Youtube trailer on a big screen.

More attention than a Youtube video? Obviously
More information than a Youtube video? No
I mean I could literally just skip the conference and watch all the trailers and hour later and get pretty much the same information, just without the "impact" which usually doesn't do anything for me anyway.

Agreed, with all the stage/audience cuts the conferences actually end up being the worst way to watch trailers.

SH5kp32.gif

daveo42

Banned
Cuphead and Below are a known quality. Showing them again ain't gonna increase any hype for me.

Below on indefinite delay so I don't expect it will ever see the light of day.

I'd be fully onboard a Waypoint-GB spoilercast of P5, if that's what it takes. They did something similar with Nier: Automata.

Which reminds me, I should probably... you know... finish Persona 5. It's so good I don't want it to end, which lead to me putting it down for weeks.

Just beat it and then play it again in NG+. You get the benefits of both beating it and enjoying it all over again. Serious tho...the story beats are even better the second time around.

Every time

Is it
that you absolutely loathe the game in all its forms?
It's not really a spoiler if everyone already knows it.

LiK

I dont think Vinny or Bakalar are ever going to finish P5

I think Vinny has mentioned to him not to spoil much in the past weeks when he started talking about it. Bakalar def won't finish it but Vinny will def try to finish it. P5 is gonna be Vinny's Witcher 3 except I think he'll actually try to play as much as he can this year instead of next year.

I think Vinny has mentioned to him not to spoil much in the past weeks when he started talking about it. Bakalar def won't finish it but Vinny will def try to finish it. P5 is gonna be Vinny's Witcher 3 except I think he'll actually try to play as much as he can this year instead of next year.

Yeah but theres actual good games to play

He wont finish it this or next year

LiK

Yeah but theres actual good games to play

He wont finish it this or next year

Vinny would rather play story-based adventure games over the next blockbuster and P5 is GOOD! Quiet you.

He'll finish it this year. He just needs to stop playing broken ass shit like PUBG.

daveo42

Banned
Vinny would rather play story-based adventure games over the next blockbuster and P5 is GOOD! Quiet you.

He'll finish it this year. He just needs to stop playing broken ass shit like PUBG.

I hope so, but I won't hold my breath either.

ArjanN

Sony's presentation last year was fine. More talking heads are only going to say more fluff that could just be in a press release.
Sony and MS are too slick at this point anyway to really make fools of themselves. Hell, even Nintendo has figured that out by now.

It's not worth the extra half hour of boring for the occasional MST3K style riff.

For cringe just watch Ubi or EA.

I dont think Vinny or Bakalar are ever going to finish P5

This. They're going to get spoiled during the GOTY discussions since they won't beat it before then anyway.

jbug617

Banned
I don't think MS has any surprises but I'm interested. Expecting:

Crackdown
State of Decay 2
Sea of Thieves
Forza
Minecraft
Mordor Sequel
AC Origins
Scorpio

I think MS problem is that they can't do announcing new ip with a cgi trailer because they cancelled a couple in the past 2 yrs so the people will be skeptical.

oti

Banned
MS will be either the most or the least surprising this year. We know what their key studios are working on. Questions is how many deals for exclusives they have done. But then again, Scalebound was such a deal too. I don't expect much from MS to be honest.

Sony has to announce a bunh of release dates. I don't expect much new games here either but it's Sony. They always have something up their sleeves.

LiK

The only thing that will surprise me at MS presser is if Spencer will stop announcing games and then canceling them later.

daveo42

Banned
Anyone want to take bets on how many times the phrase "Better on Scorpio" (or something similar) will be said on stage at the MS presser? I'm expecting somewhere around 10 times.

Xater

I also hope Alex will go into P5 spoiler mode. I stopped playing completely after the fourth dungeon and decided to just read the rest of the story. Even just reading that it sounds like there is a lot if filler until the meat near the end.

Xater

Anyone want to take bets on how many times the phrase "Better on Scorpio" (or something similar) will be said on stage at the MS presser? I'm expecting somewhere around 10 times.

Probably. Also there will be something like that at the end of every game trailer.

oti

Banned

That's the console's entire sales pitch after all.

jbug617

Banned
Just how big will Sony go with showing 3rd Party during their conference. Their deals for exclusive content is what they have to go against a Scorpio version of the game (if it becomes the best looking version of the game)

tonka

I also hope Alex will go into P5 spoiler mode. I stopped playing completely after the fourth dungeon and decided to just read the rest of the story. Even just reading that it sounds like there is a lot if filler until the meat near the end.

OK Jeff, how did you like reading the life is strange synopsis?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom