• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

I like Ben in and of himself, but he's really been valuable in coaxing Jeff out of his shell a little more. The Bombcast was a great listen with the pair of them bouncing off each other.
Yup this is the best part of Ben. Jeff finally has someone to riff of of again

Curufinwe

I mean, that's kind of persona. You hear the same songs probably hundreds of times throughout these games. I'm only at about 60 hours so far but I can already tell I'll still be listening to the soundtrack years from now just like I still do with 3 and 4.

Personally, I'd put the music above 4 but probably still under the godlike soundtrack of 3.

Beneath The Mask pulls a heavy load in P5. I think they varied the around the house music more in P3 and P4. But it's a cool moment when it starts including the lyrics after only being an instrumental for the first few weeks.

Where have you been?
Been searching all along

Life Will Change, which plays after you deliver a calling card, is the best song of the year.

LiK

P5 OST is pretty awesome especially the various vendor music. Didn't appreciate them as much in the game. But it's a pretty top tier soundtrack. The more I listen to it, the more it's close to beating P4G's OST for me. P5 has the best boss tracks, lots of great dungeon music and even the daily slice of life music is great.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
P4 and P5 still haven't reached the highs of P3, even though they are consistently better across the board.

Memories of You still can't be topped. Most perfect moment with the most perfect song.

Curufinwe

Poor Jeff.

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/2017/5/31/15687026/shawn-layden-interview-playstation

Shawn Layden, former head of Sony Network Entertainment International, rarely seen or heard from in public venues and even, he said recently, referred to internally as the “international man of mystery.”

Layden’s tenure as the new head Sony Interactive Entertainment America aligns neatly with the PlayStation 4’s successes and an overhaul of how the company presents itself both at E3 and its relatively new PlayStation Experience.

In a recent visit to New York Layden met with press to discuss the facts and figures Sony hopes will never bog down a public conference keynote again.

chogidogs

Totally forgot that there is a Filipina Tekken character now, so I guess I have my temporary main. I hope Josie doesn't dab like that chump TJ Perkins tho.

Totally forgot that there is a Filipina Tekken character now, so I guess I have my temporary main. I hope Josie doesn't dab like that chump TJ Perkins tho.

911.gif

CHUMP.

Have you guys ever witnessed a murder?

I've watched Vinny murder many people over the years.

Zaph

Jeff actually wants people talking onstage instead of actually showing the games. Yeah.

He wants people presenting, devs talking, guests, games demo'd. You know, a show.

If all the pressers were just back-to-back trailers it would be boring and also ruin their commentary. In that case, just give me a youtube playlist and be done with it.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Jeff actually wants people talking onstage instead of actually showing the games. Yeah.

That's a bit of a misconstruction though.
I don't remember Jeff saying "Man, I wish they would show sales numbers again and talk about Heroes and Pele"

I think, and correct me if I'm wrong, but Jeff wants people to talk about games on stage. Which I get. You don't need a press conference to show a bunch of trailers. You could just upload them to Youtube and have the exact same effect.

"I think there are bad guys! Watch out!"

Abby isn't really in a lot of content and doesn't talk much on the Beastcast. That's fine, that's not her job. She's a producer, not an editor.
Comparing her to Ben is rather silly. She's a Whiskey Media era Drew.

Now we gotta have her make sneaky, overlooked witticisms and a strange affectation for alpacas and Redvines in the future.

Santar

I think Jeff's main problem with sonys e3 presser was that they just didn't have any games or announcements of note to him.

I completely agree, Days Gone did nothing for me (another generic looking zombie game with a generic main character), TLOU 2 was incredibly expected.

Gow 4 at least seemed a little interesting depending on what the actual structure and gameplay is. Though they could have ditched Kratos (they almost did, with the change of vouce actor, why not go all the way?)

It was just a dull e3 presser to me with no exciting new announcements.

Antiwhippy

Yeah wasn't really a fan of the sony presser, but that's because I don't really care about most of those franchises lol.

And if you want me to ignore a game completely just make zombies a big part of it.

Curufinwe

You don't need a press conference to show a bunch of trailers. You could just upload them to Youtube and have the exact same effect.

That's the actual misconception. Sony know that just uploading a video to Youtube isn't going to get anywhere near the attention as a live press conference that showcases their new games. It may not suit Giant Bomb's particular tastes, but the format was very well received last year by just about every other media outlet.

Zaph

That's the actual misconception. Sony know that just uploading a video to Youtube isn't going to get anywhere near the attention as a live press conference that showcases their new games. It may not suit Giant Bomb's particular tastes, but the format was very well received last year by just about every other media outlet.

you know on a discussion forum you can talk about your own preferences and tastes, and not just about what's good for Sony?

Curufinwe

you know on a discussion forum you can talk about your own preferences and tastes, and not just about what's good for Sony?

Like most people not in the Giant Bomb bubble, removing the least interesting parts of the old conferences and focusing on games was fine by me.

Antiwhippy

Thing is you're right about the format being better mostly, but consider your audience here. It's wager most of us enjoy the Giantbomb streams because most of us enjoy watching them goof on the presentations.

Like duh, you can present that it's better all you want, but it's not really to my interest in regards to what i want to watch during e3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom