• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

Hot take replaying it six years later: Vanquish has more down-time and annoying sections/interruptions than Bayonetta does with its Space Harrier section. And the entire story is stupid as fuck, even for a Platinum game. It's not dumb, it's just stupid. Also the music sucks.

I didn't remember it being this way.

Animations are still dope though.

I feel it's long enough to have a pretty definitive opinion now.

Abby is pretty damn cool, Ben is pretty damn meh.

East is still the true GB.

LiK

Hot take replaying it six years later: Vanquish has more down-time and annoying sections/interruptions than Bayonetta does with its Space Harrier section. And the entire story is stupid as fuck, even for a Platinum game. It's not dumb, it's just stupid. Also the music sucks.

Haha, I actually complained about this when I played it at launch. It was really odd and didn't fit the rest of the game. Couldn't tell if it was hiding load times or they were doing a parody of those talking sections in Gears of War. Cuz some of it felt like parody of big American shooters of the time where they forced you to do the talk/walk.

Joeku

Haha, I actually complained about this when I played it at launch. It was really odd and didn't fit the rest of the game. Couldn't tell if it was hiding load times or they were doing a parody of those talking sections in Gears of War. Cuz some of it felt like parody of big American shooters of the time where they forced you to do the talk/walk.

The first-person stuff must be loading, considering the stuttering that happens. Even aside from that there's a ton of running around hallways and grey concrete. My memory of this game was crazy rocket gymnastics and slow-mo but I feel like I spent a third of the game just hanging around in a neutral grey space with a bunch of marines who curse a lot.

I feel it's long enough to have a pretty definitive opinion now.

Abby is pretty damn cool, Ben is pretty damn meh.

East is still the true GB.

Different strokes for different folks

And the kind of strokes I like are...

wmcatJT.gif

these kinds of strokes

Wunder

they should do a mini-ranking of fighters at the end of each fighting game QL. They pretty much apply the science right there and then anyway, might as well save some time.

Jintor

yep it's really irritating.

the story does end with a hillary clinton analogue being exposed for colluding with the russians though which is kind of bizarre

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
they should do a mini-ranking of fighters at the end of each fighting game QL. They pretty much apply the science right there and then anyway, might as well save some time.
You don't just do quick science all willy-nilly. Science takes time, data, peer reviews. This isn't seome school project, this is serious.

Joeku

1. Nitroplus Blasterz: Heroines Infinite Duel

2. Mortal Kombat 2

3 - 1048. Who gives a fuck

yep it's really irritating.

the story does end with a hillary clinton analogue being exposed for colluding with the russians though which is kind of bizarre

She threatened the group that performed the coup in Russia, so shit was gonna go down regardless; she just didn't expect Darpa Man to be a bad enough dude to prevent war.

I'm not gonna say it doesn't go somewhere weird, but there's an inciting event at the start of the game, and then there's a twist at the end that everyone saw already, and that's kind of it.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
See, if you don't work on your science, you might put Mortal Kombat 2 as the second best fighting game. Ridiculous.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Abby isn't really in a lot of content and doesn't talk much on the Beastcast. That's fine, that's not her job. She's a producer, not an editor.
Comparing her to Ben is rather silly. She's a Whiskey Media era Drew.

Hasney

Abby isn't really in a lot of content and doesn't talk much on the Beastcast. That's fine, that's not her job. She's a producer, not an editor.

Yeah and Ben has had experience talking about video games while being recorded. Abby is totally new to that, which showed on that old man quick look with a few awkward pauses here and there. But if it's something she wants to do, it'll come in time.

LiK

I think she's a good addition to Beastcast because she talks only when she has something to say. She doesn't interrupt the flow at all. Also, she has a nice voice.

Ben took a lil longer to get used to his voice but I think he's fine on Bombcast now. I think he adds quite alot to the conversations which is pretty important to keep the flow going.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I think she's a good addition to Beastcast because she talks only when she has something to say. She doesn't interrupt the flow at all. Also, she has a nice voice.

Absolutely. She does a great job so far, both behind the mic and behind the scenes.

I like Ben in and of himself, but he's really been valuable in coaxing Jeff out of his shell a little more. The Bombcast was a great listen with the pair of them bouncing off each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom