• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Even if it's not at MS, Phil Spencer is bringing something to the PC Games Show as well. Dunno if he'll just show off the W10 versions of already announced XBox games or what.

ArjanN

I think MS are playing ckicken with the emulator scene with that one.

I bet they could easily do it BUT if they do it now it could probably be reverse engineered or hacked so anyone could just insert their own dump into it.

If someone finally makes a decent 360 emulator on their own then MS can release theirs without fear of being the ones who opened up the can of worms.

I highly doubt MS really care about people emulating 360 games on PC at this point.

Honestly I'd also rather have the 10-20 or so remaining worthwhile console games from that gen just come to PC natively. :p

Not the ones I play.

OK, but that doesn't really change that it's a fairly common problem with the genre. Of course your mileage may vary on your tolerance for that as well.

strafer

I do. It was actually kinda decent, driving was weird though. The people who made the first game and Black Monday (Team Soho) got absorbed into SCE London Studio and got regulated to Singstar and Eyepet duty for years and just when they were gonna start working on the game again, Yoshida took over at Sony Worldwide Studios and started cutting fat to get the company back on track and Getaway PS3 was one of the causalities.

Damn you Yoshida :(

TraBuch

Banned
That Swedish dude asking about a realistic Soul Calibur type game on the Beastcast sounds like he's describing the Deadliest Warriors games. While neither game was very good, they were better than you'd think.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Even if it's not at MS, Phil Spencer is bringing something to the PC Games Show as well. Dunno if he'll just show off the W10 versions of already announced XBox games or what.
"We will be releasing some of your favorite Steam games on Windows 10 Store, so you can pay twice the price and with your zero friends!"

Since E3 talks have been going on, I'm one of the few around here who watches the conferences first and then watch them again with GB commentary. I always look forward to E3, it's all just dumb good fun to me.
The game wouldn't be half as good without that soundtrack. Best OST this generation, what a masterpiece.

I wouldn't say best but it's pretty good.

This looks really good. Looks like my June games are going to be this, Yooka-Laylee, Crash & Arms.
I just hit route B in Nier, and I don't know if I'll keep on going.
I don't know if I have it in me to play through the same quests again even if it's through 9S perspective this time.

You could just mainline the story missions and you'll be done with it quickly. There are some very interesting revelations in that playthrough, it's not just looking at the story from 9S's perspective.
Gah...sounds like I will need to pick it up then once I finish up Soma.

Oh man SOMA. #2 on my 2015 GOTY list.
Abby hasn't gotten GIF'd yet so Ben is ahead in the race.

Way ahead of you.

UVDWLSj.png

Did anyone watch Mary Kish and Mike rip each other apart in the last Resident Kinevil ep? I almost spat out my cheerios when Mary called Mike an asshole :O

Wunder

LTTP on best P5 music but it is obviously Whims of Fate even though I thought it was Winds of Fate the entire time I was in the palace.

Curufinwe

[Yup. I don't know how they're going to survive RE6 because that game sure is SOMETHING.

I only watched the start of the episode where they said they wasted almost two hours on a recording where the sound was fucked. That wouldn't have put them in a good mood.

After having a generally great time with RE4, Mary really doesn't like RE5. At one point she asked Mike to check the review scores because she was thinking it must have done pretty poorly back in 2009.

I only watched the start of the episode where they said they wasted almost two hours on a recording where the sound was fucked. That wouldn't have put them in a good mood.

After having a generally great time with RE4, Mary really doesn't like RE5. At one point she asked Mike to check the review scores because she was thinking it must have done pretty poorly back in 2009.

Yeah, she seems to really dislike 5. It's gonna be interesting watching her tackle RE6 since that game has way more in common with 5 then 4.

Curufinwe

Yeah, she seems to really dislike 5. It's gonna be interesting watching her tackle RE6 since that game has way more in common with 5 then 4.

I liked RE5, but watching them play it makes me think of all the times I've read people say "you have to play it in co-op" to people who dislike it. Co-op doesn't really fix the issues.

I liked RE5, but watching them play it makes me think of all the times I've read people say "you have to play it in co-op" to people who dislike it. Co-op doesn't really fix the issues.

I'm one of those people. I REALLY enjoyed it in co-op, so much infact that it's how I've always played RE5. Never played it solo lol. RE6 I did though and it was bleh. RE5 was just a more tighter and consistent experience.

daveo42

Banned
Awesome. Things are going to get VERY interesting.

Well, I think they are going to get even more interesting since I just got to
Tau
and got to see some very interesting things on my trip there.
The decent to the bottom of the Abyss and walking to Tau...good fucking god that was tense.

Soma is one of the few games I wish I could wipe my memory of and play fresh again. That game's story is just incredible.

I think my opinion of the game as a whole will be vastly different come the end as it's gotten better since the start.

How's the Tekken quick look?

It's fun and Jeff's customized Akuma should be seen by everyone.
Well, I think they are going to get even more interesting since I just got to
Tau
and got to see some very interesting things on my trip there.
The decent to the bottom of the Abyss and walking to Tau...good fucking god that was tense.

The decent to the abyss is one of my favorite moments in video game history and it's just two people talking.
It's so good(spoilers).
Oh shit, it's out?? They did an Unfinished a little while back and it looked real cool.

Yup!
Soma is one of the few games I wish I could wipe my memory of and play fresh again. That game's story is just incredible.

This. I still think about some of the moments in that game much like Silent Hill 2 sadly, I'll probably never forget the story.

Curufinwe

I wasn't surprised that the "significant flaw" in P5 turned out to be dungeon design, something's that's actually been widely cited as a big improvement on the previous games randomly generated levels.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wasn't surprised that the "significant flaw" in P5 turned out to be dungeon design, something's that's actually been widely cited as a big improvement on the previous games randomly generated levels.

Just because something is improved over the previous game doesn't mean it's good.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean that halo deep dive is one of the best articles about games so why not.

Also the Binary domaincast is super fun. Can't wait for Austin to see the latter parts of the game. Game goes fucking places.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom