• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean that halo deep dive is one of the best articles about games so why not.

Also the Binary domaincast is super fun. Can't wait for Austin to see the latter parts of the game. Game goes fucking places.

It's too bad their site's performance is so bad that just scrolling through that Halo story is a pain in the ass.

Fanta_Girls.jpg

Speaking of bad site design I just went to dtoid after not having actually been on the site in forever, wow. What a mess of ads on top of ads.

def sim

Friday the 13th needs a lot of work. It's clearly incomplete- maybe it'll be good in time, but hoo boy.

It apparently sold well despite the mess.

BearPawB

Banned
Friday the 13th needs a lot of work. It's clearly incomplete- maybe it'll be good in time, but hoo boy.

It apparently sold well despite the mess.

If certain twitch streamers stream your game, you are going to hit some good numbers even if the game is kinda shit

Brashnir

Today I learned that Ben is one of those people who misuse the word "prequel."

I'm pretty sure I'm formally required to hate him now.

bomma_man

BD is notoriously bad in that respect.

That just sounds like you don't like the genre. It's like not being into racing games and saying Forza Horizon 3 would be better if every race was a maximum of 60 seconds long.

Not being 100 hours long worked for Chrono Trigger

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I finished persona 5 in 82 hours and only 25 or so of them were in dungeons.

It's a different type of game. The length helps out the social sim aspect of persona games.

I'm trying to avoid buying fighting games. I'm a solo player and while the content is nice, I just can't justify a purchase atm. My August is going to be stacked though...

daveo42

Banned
I don't buy fighters because I'd play it for a few days and never touch them again. Same reason why I avoid competitive shooters.

bomma_man

Chrono Trigger is one of the the top 3 RPGs ever made, so it's the exception not the rule. You can easily balloon to that getting all endings btw.

Paper Mario and Pokemon (unless you're into the meta) aren't either

Annnd I think that exhausts the list of jrpgs I've finished

The idea that JRPGs need to be bloated epic length games sounds mostly like the opinion of someone who doesn't play many of them. Persona 5's length is an extreme exception. Most JRPGs are under 40 hours in length and aren't 100+ hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom