• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are they anywhere near finishing it?

This last episode was a bit of a drag.

I was waiting for them to discover Telephone Club and that absurd game so it was okay with me. Now there's two things at hand here. idk how invested Alex and the guys are in doing The Five Billionaires and The Cabaret Club side businesses but they are lengthy but if we're talking chapters wise, if that screencap is any indication, they make it to Chapter 11.

There are
chapters in total.

So they've got some work to do yet and depending on how many side episodes we get (though I do want them to do the
Pizza
side quest) We're probably looking at them completing it by the end of August/start of September.

Well actually let me go further.

E3 will take a week off I'm guessing.

If we get one video per week and I'll say they get one chapter done and one side episode here on out (could be more story going forward but just for safe measure)

They will finish by August 28th.

A DAY BEFORE YAKUZA: KIWAMI

And then Alex will say "NOW WHO'S READY FOR THE NEXT GAME" and Dan will slump in his chair and Vinny will just laugh heartily.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
As lame as it sounds, Splatoon 2 missing the miiverse is a huge reason I'm not as interested in it

I loved logging in and looking at all the Spongebob drawings.

Hindl

Miiverse missing in general is kinda a bummer. It was dumb but still nice to see all the weird shit it produced

I said I wanted weird not creepy
image.php

guys... help.... i think death stranding is pt which is silent hills which is metal gear solid v (?) https://youtu.be/x1bPQdbGyUY?t=6233 i've been watching this video and it's all been very insane how much stuff lines up and somehow everyone missed the fact that mgs survive has fucking flying fish in the air and everyone was sucked up at the sea in a big portal hinting towards the Bermuda Triangle which had it's coordinates in the world constantly repeated on the radio in pt

fuck... whatc it help please liostend

guys... help.... i think death stranding is pt which is silent hills which is metal gear solid v (?) https://youtu.be/x1bPQdbGyUY?t=6233 i've been watching this video and it's all been very insane how much stuff lines up and somehow everyone missed the fact that mgs survive has fucking flying fish in the air and everyone was sucked up at the sea in a big portal hinting towards the Bermuda Triangle which had it's coordinates in the world constantly repeated on the radio in pt

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Death stranding will be another military third person action game with weird cutscenes that go on for too long.

Bank on it.

Joeku

Death stranding will be another military third person action game with weird cutscenes that go on for too long.

Bank on it.

Kojima fetishizes weaponry too much for it to not be that.

It'll just have a backdrop of black goo and existential horror instead of nuclear anime.

if death stranding has LITERALLY nothing to do with silent hills, pt, or mgs, i will have doctors destroy my brain, but keep me alive, and then send my body in a box to kojima's doorstep so that he may do whatever he wants with me since he fucked my mind to the point where it doesn't want to exist anymore

like this shit goes back to 2014 with kojima tweeting pics of a black beach in iceland that was pictured in the unveiling of the decima engine and also seen in death stranding. 2014. like how he said he was doing location scouting which had to have been for silent hills which is fine and all but why the hell is it showing up with death stranding and shit

hamchan

Maybe someone else should control Kiryu when it comes to Yakuza Kiwami.

Because it kinda feels like Dan likes everything about Yakuza except for actually playing it.

Bank on it.

I don't know if it was posted here

but there was a quote of someone playing and showing halo 3 to Kojima, and Kojima asks on the first level 'Shoot the plant', the guy shoots the plant and it reacts, Kojima then nods his head and walks away.

Kojima is great

Antiwhippy

I don't know if it was posted here

but there was a quote of someone playing and showing halo 3 to Kojima, and Kojima asks on the first level 'Shoot the plant', the guy shoots the plant and it reacts, Kojima then nods his head and walks away.

Kojima is great

Yeah it's from the waypoint Halo article. Don't get me wrong I love me some kojima bullshit, seeing that MGS2 is still my favourite game of his, but I can't see the final game of death stranding being as bonkers as the fanbase makes it out to be.

Yeah it's from the waypoint Halo article. Don't get me wrong I love me some kojima bullshit, seeing that MGS2 is still my favourite game of his, but I can't see the final game of death stranding being as bonkers as the fanbase makes it out to be.

I was playing it up, and of course it can't really be Silent Hills, but holy shit if there aren't so many things that really match up between all of his latest projects. I think he is of course messing with all the people who pay attention to that sort of stuff. It's fun to start believing in it and hey, who knows, maybe some of it will be true in the sense that he's just had these ideas for a long time.

Another little neat connection the video I linked is that the dead crabs on the beach in DS are actually pregnant (you can see all the eggs oozing from their stomachs) just like how Lisa in PT was pregnant when she was killed. The theory is that there are multiple dimensions and that Schrodinger's cat theory is in place (which is actually written on the walls in Koji Productions office) meaning that the crabs are in this case Lisa, or referencing her. This is supported by the fact that the voice on the radio in PT talks about how a man killed his pregnant wife and then hung himself with a garden hose. As PT continues, you can later hear an alternate version of the same radio broadcast with the difference being that the man hung himself with an umbilical cord instead (reminds you of Death Stranding and how everything has an umbilical cord)

There are a ton more of little connections like this that are pretty damn amazing and not far fetched at all. I find it all incredibly fascinating.

def sim

If certain twitch streamers stream your game, you are going to hit some good numbers even if the game is kinda shit

I don't know if they're -that- influential, but for sure they're doing some heavy lifting in keeping the interest. They show the idealized version of the game: room full of friends talking, joking, and working together. If Giant Bomb were to quick look it, I'd be interested to see them play together a la Velvet Sundown. Maybe show how it is when you queue by yourself as well, as this game is not at all something you should consider if you're not willing to speak up.

I got it day one and apart from private matches I haven't been able to get into a single game. It's quite a fun game when you know everything there is to know and you try to outsmart whoever Jason is. It's also janky as fuck which I don't mind but I know many other people do which is why apart from the server issues I feel that they should have delayed and polished it more.

Eh I'd say the jank in this game is far past funny and endearing considering it's not early access.

Antiwhippy

I was playing it up, and of course it can't really be Silent Hills, but holy shit if there aren't so many things that really match up between all of his latest projects. I think he is of course messing with all the people who pay attention to that sort of stuff. It's fun to start believing in it and hey, who knows, maybe some of it will be true in the sense that he's just had these ideas for a long time.

I dunno, I just see it more as him reusing ideas in a new framework, which is a fairly common thing, but it's true that he has a great attention to detail in regards to inserting references that will drive his fanbase bonkers. I guess I'm just being more cautious this time seeing how his latest games turned out.

I dunno, I just see it more as him reusing ideas in a new framework, which is a fairly common thing, but it's true that he has a great attention to detail in regards to inserting references that will drive his fanbase bonkers. I guess I'm just being more cautious this time seeing how his latest games turned out.

That is totally fair and I guess that I'm one of those bonkers people, in a way :D I updated my post with a little (kinda badly written) connection the video made. I'll just post it here

Another little neat connection the video I linked is that the dead crabs on the beach in DS are actually pregnant (you can see all the eggs oozing from their stomachs) just like how Lisa in PT was pregnant when she was killed. The theory is that there are multiple dimensions and that Schrodinger's cat theory is in place (which is actually written on the walls in Koji Productions office) meaning that the crabs are in this case Lisa, or referencing her. This is supported by the fact that the voice on the radio in PT talks about how a man killed his pregnant wife and then hung himself with a garden hose. As PT continues, you can later hear an alternate version of the same radio broadcast with the difference being that the man hung himself with an umbilical cord instead (reminds you of Death Stranding and how everything has an umbilical cord)

It's explained way better in the video, but yeah. Tons of multi-universe/dimensions being referenced to along with little touches like how Silent Hill always had air horns to indicate danger which the second DS trailer also has. DS also has references to two Junji Ito stories, Gyo and Umbilical Cord which makes me wonder if he is working on the game like how he was with PT

valeo

Fuck, I shouldn't have watched the T7 quicklook. Now I've spent £45 on a fighter when I'm trying to get the hand of Injustice.

I don't even like Tekken (Soul Calibur >>>> Tekken) but I'm itching for a new fighter - I'd get Injustice 2 if it was out on PC..

Tekken 7 it is. Only real option.

There's even weirder shit in that video like how in PT, there is a color inverted, upside down, picture of a stone tunnel with black hand prints on the wall nearby. In the second DS trailer, Del Toro is going to a similarly shaped and looking tunnel that has black hand prints on the walls. The tunnel also has the letter J at the top of it which may be referring to a note from someone called "J" in the screen you get for when PT "crashes"

pt_crash_screen_white.jpg

This dude is fucking with us hard core

The video also ends with how PT mentions that the events of the game have been occurring for 75 years, which if you minus those year from when PT came out (2014), you get 1939, the year WW2 started. Death Stranding has a lot of WW2 stuff in it with the planes, the soldiers, and the tank. Hell, even the dress Lisa is wearing in PT is from the WW2 era.

Here are more games they should play on Bring Your B-Game

Big Mutha Truckers 1 & 2, Darkwatch, Dog's Life(I know it has been played on a UPF), No One Can Stop Mr. Domino, Musashi: Samurai Legend, Rygar, Gregory Horror Show, SOS: The Final Escape, XIII, Shadow of Rome, Godhand, Killer 7, The Gataway, Shadow Man, Road Trip Adventure, Blood Will Tell, Fear Effect, Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, Alter Echo, Bishi Bashi Special, Armed and Dangerous, Samurai Western, Incredible Crisis, Stubbs The Zombie, Shadow of The Damned.etc

aqFJmW5.gif

Eh I'd say the jank in this game is far past funny and endearing considering it's not early access.

Well, I'm definitely not recommending the game to anyone.

StoveOven

Banned
Death Stranding isn't actually a videogame and is instead a protracted marketing campaign being developed just to see how long people will maintain excitement for it.

This is my conspiracy theory, and I'm sticking with it.

Omg, lol. Thanks Death!

I don't think anyone can actually deny the connections. It's just that they probably have nothing to do with anything and even Kojima has said that he is purposefully trying to make these "hints"

Like I said before, all of this stuff is just super fascinating :p

Death Stranding isn't actually a videogame and is instead a protracted marketing campaign being developed just to see how long people will maintain excitement for it.

This is my conspiracy theory, and I'm sticking with it.

This is slowly becoming my theory as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom