• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole voting at the end is seriously super dumb. I really hate when Dan tries to add super convoluted rules to things.

Alex doesn't do it all the time, but I love the times when he calls Dan out with "No, don't do that thing you do." when he tries to lay out rules for some dumb, insignificant conversation they're having. Dan admittedly wants to be a heel, and it's great when they treat him like one.

I also love when Alex calls Vinny out with "No, we're not letting you do this." when Vinny twists himself into illogical circles trying to needlessly play devil's advocate for whatever dumb thing they're talking about on the Beastcast.

He's the true dad of the East.

The whole voting at the end is seriously super dumb. I really hate when Dan tries to add super convoluted rules to things. Just let it be a one and done for each ep, I can't see them playing any games that don't run their course by the end of every episode. Even if they all did really enjoy it, then just bring it back for another play date, no audience votes, no voting, just have fun and shoot the crap while playing games, that's all I want from Giant Bomb. I don't need tons of gimmicks and production and segments and stuff, just hang out and play games.

I love that about Dan, otherwise all GB content would be the same and pretty boring IMO.

2942997-2180977904-splat.jpg

The Giant Beastcast - Episode 106
It's time to talk Nintendo! The great, the good, and the downright goofy. Alex also gives his closing Persona 5 thoughts which will include some spoilers, your questions on eating humans, and the definitive list of Dan's coolest cool-guy stuff.
Episode Notes

Alex discusses Persona 5 with some spoilers from 01:05:21 to 01:22:23.

How spoilery are the Persona 5 spoilers? I'm mid-way through the third palace in my playthrough but I'm kind of burnt out and probably won't get back to the game for a while.

Xater

Beastcast already confirmed my rising suspicion of Arms being too light on content. I really wonder if it will be worth full price to me. Maybe Ill skip it and just wait for Splatoon 2. That game looks more robust, even compared to the first game.

Hasney

ARMS will do me until Splatoon 2. Stupidly pumped for it after that beta, but I'm alright with just playing games like that online like SFV at launch.

Xater

ARMS will do me until Splatoon 2. Stupidly pumped for it after that beta, but I'm alright with just playing games like that online like SFV at launch.

I enjoyed the Tespunch but also want in love with it like some people. Mostly because for me none if the control options are ideal.

I've got a dumb question that I don't know where else to ask:

What will sell more, Destiny 2 or RDR2? Is it RDR2 by a huge margin? That's what I'm inclined to think with the sales of GTA V, but I recall Destiny being a mega hit.

Meguro

Banned
There's no concrete sales numbers for Destiny out there but it's huuuuuuge.
RDR1 had 15 million copies shipped in 2015 IIRC.
They are both mega hit games but I think Destiny 2 will edge RDR2 out by a little.
I don't think RDR2 will do as good as GTA V. GTA is still a way bigger franchise even if they are both by Rockstar.

I was thinking that too but I feel like GTA Online spurred so much attention for GTA V. I can imagine an RDR Online doing something similar

hamchan

GTAV is on a whole different tier of sales compared to most things, even past GTA titles.

If RDR2 can maintain Rockstar's momentum and get even half of what GTAV sold then it should outsell Destiny 2 with ease.

Mupod

Finished Persona 5 just in time for the Beastcast. Felt like the last act drags a bit but still fun.

I couldn't put the game down until I got to the final area. I haven't played it in a few weeks now. Funny thing is this is exactly what happened to me in P4. The time management aspect of these games is why I like them so I guess once that's gone I start to lose interest.

Might just power through to the end this weekend, depends what else I end up doing. Of all the games to distract me from P5, it's been Heroes of the Storm, lol. Mostly my friends' fault though.

daveo42

Banned

Thank god he gets some time to talk about the game.

Oh hey, Alex is the only one other than me who liked ohya.

Her story is good and I like her as a character, but the 10 step program leaves the story kind of at an odd point and her gameplay benefits are actually the worst in the game. Btw, while I like what they did to add something to social links to make it feel like they are actively helping your group while you help them work through their issues, some get more forgotten over others based on the benefits they offer the player. Ohya is definitely one of them.

Hindl

I thought Ohya was cool I enjoyed her story even though her confidant rewards kinda sucked. It was just weird hearing her since she's the same VO as Yukiko

Xater

New NFS is already bumming me out. They are doubling down on their garbage stories and probably will again be uninteresting to play. The last good NFS came out seven years ago. Such a bummer, especially because it's not like we are still getting Burnout.

Phatmac

I'm really happy with how Alex talked about P5 and its fascinating story. It's more about the themes of generational divide and political decline in Japan. I'm glad the game is so different when compared to P4 in many aspects. I was worried the game would be more of the same. Kudos to Alex for playing through such a long game with the time he's given.

Zaph

Are there any examples of the bad localization Alex mentions. There is a lot of dialogue and none of it stands out too much

You kidding? It basically ruins an otherwise incredible game, especially as you approach the end and the game tries to hit emotional beats while talking borderline gibberish.

This picture from Drew's video has made me rethink my decision to buy a new MacBook when they're announced next week. I don't even use SD-Cards. Still.

It's annoying at first, but over the last year I've replaced accessories/adaptors with USB-C ones and I wouldn't go back. Having a Macbook and PC both with thunderbolt USB-C support makes it a lot easier.

Curufinwe

I'm glad Dan brought up Midnight Club. I thought MC LA did the single player open world racing game much better than Burnout Paradise, and they were both 2008 games.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This picture from Drew's video has made me rethink my decision to buy a new MacBook when they're announced next week. I don't even use SD-Cards. Still.

There are like docks that aren't as cumbersome as that lol.

Just get something like this.
4bJfMVA.jpg

You kidding? It basically ruins an otherwise incredible game, especially as you approach the end and the game tries to hit emotional beats while talking borderline gibberish.

It's so bad that someone made a website about it. http://www.personaproblems.com/

The prosecutor dialgoue did bother me.

I guess I never processed it. I read faster than the characters talk so I guess I just ignored it

Are there any examples of the bad localization Alex mentions. There is a lot of dialogue and none of it stands out too much

it's bad, but i actually find it charming lol. it's like a very overdramatic reading of things and works for me... honestly i wish it wasn't pointed out by the internet first because i likely wouldn't have thought twice about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom