• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohnonono

Dan's "What are they doing" during the Nintendo voice chat talk was one of the most real phrases coming out of anyone's mouth ever. It was equal parts exasperated and entertained by the insanity of it all.

Nerokis

Oh hey, Alex is the only one other than me who liked ohya.

Wait, really? I've only maybe level 4 with her, but she's one of those characters I always look forward to hanging out with. She's great.

Maybe it helps that her look instantly reminded me of my girlfriend, but I definitely would have expected people to generally like her.

There's Persona talk this week?

*Stops listening to last week's Beastcast and puts on this week's Beastcast*

Edit: Do they spoil anything past the first 5 palaces?

There's Persona talk this week?

*Stops listening to last week's Beastcast and puts on this week's Beastcast*

Edit: Do they spoil anything past the first 5 palaces?

I wouldn't say so. Largely just alluding to themes and some side characters having deeper stories. Doesn't really get into specifics much.

Wait, really? I've only maybe level 4 with her, but she's one of those characters I always look forward to hanging out with. She's great.

Maybe it helps that her look instantly reminded me of my girlfriend, but I definitely would have expected people to generally like her.
I did appreciate that in a game where everyone is the most stylish motherfucker on the planet, Ohya is just wearing blue jeans and a t-shirt.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

I thought so too.

But then the Persona 5 Social links thread called me crazy so I dunno. Apparently she's generally considered to be the worst girl?

Like she's not my favourite character but I enjoyed her story.

ArjanN

I've not heard that before, holy shit that cracked me up for some reason.

EDIT: He does it a lot? He's not done it like that, has he?

I've heard him do an exaggerated fake laugh once or twice, his real laugh is also pretty goofy. so leaning into that as a joke is not that surprising.

The teacher is the worst. Couldn't be bother to do the confidant past rank 3

My biggest critasism is that guns were useless. I went the whole game with just the starter guns

Hindl

My biggest critasism is that guns were useless. I went the whole game with just the starter guns

Guns were great. Haru can basically destroy late game if you spec her right and give her a good gun

LiK

Just heard Dan's take on Blade Runner. MY MAN!

The teacher's max rank has the best perk in the game.

The guns are good if you picked up better guns. They can do a lot of damage.

Curufinwe

The
special massage
really saved my bacon. Once I unlocked it I used it every time I got out of a dungeon, and I ended up needing it on the last available day to let me go max rank my final confidant.

Slacking off was useful, too. And I never wasted time doing my own laundry. I always had Kawakami take care of my loads.

LiK

The
special massage
really saved my bacon. Once I unlocked it I used it every time I got out of a dungeon, and I ended up needing it on the last available day to let me go max rank my final confidant.

Slacking off was useful, too. And I never wasted time doing my own laundry. I always had Kawakami take care of my loads.

Disgusting.

How much does Alex spoil with persona? I am only at the end of the 3rd dungeon.

Skip the discussion.

Hindl

I fucked up so much running thru Persona. I went thru it pretty much blind and a lot of my confidants didn't get maxed

How much does Alex spoil with persona? I am only at the end of the 3rd dungeon.

He doesn't go into plot specifics but does hint at stuff that maybe someone at the end of the third dungeon may not be anticipating right away. I personally don't think he was very spoiler-y if at all.

omg this Ryckert NBA Finals or whatever they're playing lol...

LiK

If you haven't gone into late game, just skip the P5 discussion. It's better to listen to after you beat it anyways. Alex was pretty vague for the most part but you can always listen to it later. You've been warned. Don't complain here later if you felt he spoiled something for you.

I'm really curious to hear in the spoilercast Alex's thoughts on how
the whole public apathy thing pretty much mirrors what is going on RIGHT NOW in the world, even though this story was written well before it.

I really loved how P5 was much darker than P4. Life sucks, the world hates you, and everything seems so dire in the first 2 hours of the game. As opposed to "wow you're the cool new kid in town and everyone loves you, time to form a scooby doo mystery gang!

I still super loved P4 and watching the P4 Endurance Run for it cements it. Jeff and Vinny's reaction to the first dream with Chie and how they react to the game's bubbly goofiness really reminds me why I and so many people loved it.

Hindl

Dan is clearly a fan of Soul Calibur and Vinny owns a fight stick.

Dan is a fan of Soul Calibur 1, which came out almost 20 years ago, and Vinny owns a lot of random shit. All the main fighting game talk comes from Jason, Ben, and Jeff. You don't really hear Vinny or Dan talk about the intricate mechanics of fighting games. They may enjoy fighting games but I don't see them get excited for Injustice or Tekken the way West has
Arms plays more like those dbz games that Vinny loves.
That is true

Vlaphor

Best confidant to max out is the doc. Not just because she is best waifu, but she'll sell these accessories for 50000 yen that give you 7 sp per turn. Once I got those, I had no problem doing palaces/mementos in one go. Get that out of the way so you have more time to get extra waifus (I had six at the end of the game).

LiK

Dan is a fan of Soul Calibur 1, which came out almost 20 years ago, and Vinny owns a lot of random shit. All the main fighting game talk comes from Jason, Ben, and Jeff. You don't really hear Vinny or Dan talk about the intricate mechanics of fighting games. They may enjoy fighting games but I don't see them get excited for Injustice or Tekken the way West has

My point stands!

Dany

Banned
Backalar almost gave away that Vinny is playing Persona 5. He asked if Vinny is close to finishing it

secret ER

Hindl

This FE just makes me more interested in the Switch FE. I was really in to Fates but then got stuck at one level and just never finished it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom