• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kinda frustrated Bethesda isn't going to be on till Midnight on the East coast for their stream. I wanted that sweet Wolfenstein III footage but guess I'll check it all out in the morning.

I'm not missing Sony's though.

Yeah it really wasn't until the Xbox release that it started to blow up with kids. From 2010-2012 it was mostly just enthusiast gamers and prior to 2010 very few people knew about it at all.

It was like a 10 million seller on PC by then if I remember right. I think you're a little off on that, it was positively huge on PC even in the early days.

My personal experience begs to differ. Working with kids ages 6 to 16 from 2010 to 2013 the kids here went crazy for Minecraft 2010-2011 and it fell off hard after that, at least in terms of talking about it.

Work in a primary school and a lot of the kids are still mad about it, some talk about Terraria but sadly fidget spinners are the big thing at the moment. In the process of getting Kerbal Space Program for some of the older classes though, see what they think of that.

It was like a 10 million seller on PC by then if I remember right. I think you're a little off on that, it was positively huge on PC even in the early days.

Oh yeah no doubt that it was a huge deal at that point, I'm just saying that it wasn't until around 2012 that I started noticing it having a Mario-level ubiquity among kids in particular.

I wish I got into Last of Us multiplayer at the ground floor. Seemed real neat. Might check it if TLoU2 continues with it, but I'm getting to the point where I don't have enough time to play PS Plus games and don't care about online play on consoles. So depending on when my subscription expires.

bethesda is 10pm EST
doc-rivers.gif

Thanks robotrock.

Edit: Are you sure? It got bumped to 9 PT which is 12 AM ET.

aww fuck is it midnight? jeeeeesus.

sorry blitz, thanks ed

No problem. I hope more companies follow EA and do Saturday conferences and then the others do Sunday (with the latest one being no later than 6PM PST). For many people that's what E3 is. And having all of them on the weekend would ensure that many people who follow games would be able to watch them without worrying about work. I think Monday is just Ubisoft and Sony. Would it be so disastrous for them to move to Sunday as well?

The GB member experience is going to suck this E3. All the conferences are so spread out so your not going to get that all day in the shit feeling of years like last year.

I get to miss watching E3 live this year.

Think Ill get up extra early and get through Sony pre work. MS is their usual timeslot right? Thats around 5 or 6pm Europe time which isnt too bad. Sony is 2AM.

robotrock

Banned

Think Ill get up extra early and get through Sony pre work. MS is their usual timeslot right? Thats around 5 or 6pm Europe time which isnt too bad. Sony is 2AM.

Microsoft is on Saturday this year and I believe they are a few hours later than they usually are.

No worries Robotrock, I'm glad we cleared it up.

It's pretty stupid to start an event at 12 AM on the East Coast but they are in Los Angeles, so it makes sense logically.

I'm probably going to miss out on most of the E3 fun due to work but I'll be home to watch Sony and Playstation is my main console so that's alright with me.

Wunder

The GB member experience is going to suck this E3. All the conferences are so spread out so your not going to get that all day in the shit feeling of years like last year.

yeah thats a bummer. the E3 conference marathon is one I look forward to every year

E3 prediction time.

How many times will GiantBomb switch from the Gamespot stream to the shows direct twitch / youtube stream this year because the GS stream crapped out?

What games will the stream crap out on?

What will brad or jeff miss while going to the bathroom?

What celebrity will they see at the show?

robotrock

Banned
brad will miss nuts and bolts 2

jeff will miss...uhhh... does he like any games? trying to think of a game he likes but i can't

oti

Banned

Microsoft is on Sunday at 11PM CET.

Predictions:

Brad will say "mhmh" a lot, to show surprise.
Alex will say "ok" a lot, as if he was talking with the person who presents on stage.
Jeff will be snarky.
Dan will nod a lot.
Ben will laugh.
Vinny will say "what a season what a season" for no apparent reason.
Abby I don't know.
Jason won't be heard.

Microsoft will show Scorpio. It'll be a black box. Dan will say he'll buy said box. Dan will later talk about being unsure about buying the new xbox box. Dan will buy the xbox black box xbox box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom