• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbug617

Banned
I was just thinking and whatever happened to No Man Sky. It's crazy how no one is talking about it now. The hype cycle was crazy for it too.

daveo42

Banned
Abby is now the worst member.

It's still part of the megatenverse.

Also the post said best of any jrpg.

Hell, even persona q had better combat and dungeons if we just want to limit it to the persona series.

I said some of the best, not the best. I think SMT games have better combat thank you very much.

I HAVE A CRUSH ON ABBY

I CAN'T DENY IT ANYMORE.

L3Q786h.gif

daveo42

Banned
Alright, fair enough.

Also play fata morgana if you still want some despairing VNs it's so good.

I didn't win a copy so I'm going to go sulk.

I'm downloading it now btw. I'll probably play tomorrow.
Currently watching Steins;Gate and awaiting when the actual shit hits the fan.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Good good. Join me as I cry about everything. ;_;

I'll just say the first 2 stories are kinda eh for me but boy it goes places.

daveo42

Banned
Good good. Join me as I cry about everything. ;_;

I'll just say the first 2 stories are kinda eh for me but boy it goes places.

That's exactly I need in my life. More crying.

Also saw that in the giveaway thread, so I'm prepared to dive in with low expectations for the early stuff. A good windup is always nice before a game destroys you.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Finally finished Nier:Automata. It's difficult for me to truly explain how special the game is Every part of the game hits all of its themes with the concept of being human in a number of ways. I played Nier, so I expected most of the ways the story could change. Still, Yoko Taro managed to surprise me. I'm glad I understood nearly all of the references to his other games, cause boy did
the scene with Kaine's house break me.
Man, the ending was just...it's the reason I play games. Amazing game. Would recommend.

Seems like the kind of game that I tend to shy away from as too difficult - I don't have the twitch flexes of my youth anymore. But the concept and impressions has me very curious and I'm always on the lookout for something new and interesting. Is it a difficult game? Could I play on a lower difficulty to enjoy the story or isn't it like that?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'd say one of its problems is that the difficulty scaling skews way too easy from mid game on.

But yeah, i don't consider it a hard game, but you can set it to s lower difficulty and play with Auto combat chips. It's really not that hard on normal though.

LiK

Is Danny taking the money Kinda Funny is paying him and giving it back to Colin via Patreon?

This would be a good joke but Danny no longer is a Colin patron the last time someone checked. Guess Colin's continuing shit turned him off.

Seems like the kind of game that I tend to shy away from as too difficult - I don't have the twitch flexes of my youth anymore. But the concept and impressions has me very curious and I'm always on the lookout for something new and interesting. Is it a difficult game? Could I play on a lower difficulty to enjoy the story or isn't it like that?

The game is pretty easy tbh. Even as a hybrid character action game, you don't have to mash buttons to kill, you can literally hold down a button for a combo.

The game has "chips" you equip for things like +10% HP, +4% movement speed, etc. On Easy difficulty, you get chips for auto-dodge, auto-attack, auto-shoot, etc that make the game play the combat by itself while you just watch it.

EDIT: Whoops I'm tired and completely missed this
you can set it to s lower difficulty and play with Auto combat chips.

Hasney

Jeff is right. Tekken 7's story is great.

It is until the ending. The journey is fun though

Heihachi is in a volcano and will probably survive like they always fucking do,
resolves nothing and setups up Jin Vs. Kazuya AGAIN. May as well have flashed up FINISH THE FIGHT.

Also, the character episodes are garbage compared to arcade endings in older Tekkens.

Curufinwe

I bought it for P4G and then DAN was an unexpected bonus, but the Vita had some really good PS+ games that I otherwise wouldn't have played like Gravity Rush, OlliOlli2 and Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward. I thought Vinny was gonna bring up VLR when they were talking Vita, but maybe he played it on the 3DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom