• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Vinny Vinny Vinny
http://store.steampowered.com/app/284240/Maize/

Maize is a first-person adventure game about what happens when two scientists misinterpret a memo from the U.S. Government and create sentient corn. And that last sentence is pretty much the least ridiculous thing about the game.

ss_9e278bce16504ffb18786c539dda05dd21e31f9a.600x338.jpg

Curufinwe

I'm having a lot more fun with Danger Zone than they did in the QL. Taking 5 seconds to restart is not a long time to me.

But there are only 4 tracks in Test Phrase 3, for a total of 20.

Well now I'm addicted to Crazy Taxi Gazillionaire.

Thanks Jeff and Ben I guess.

I've been out of the clicker game for awhile, but the progression feels kind of weird. It seems it is 99% dictated by getting additional licenses for drivers, which is almost entirely driven by the scratching tickets after a short while (which is bottlenecked by time or diamonds) as opposed to something like trying to optimize for the best upgrade. I guess this shouldn't be surprising given that that's just the long trail of progression but it feels odd when there's no practical decision making involved in that sort of thing. The licenses are just given out randomly, as opposed to trying to pick out, "which long-term upgrade gives best ROI".

Similarly, even the 'strategy' for "buy/upgrade taxis" seems to be either to put everything into your highest-fare driver (is there a point where you get more bang-for-buck by upgrading other taxis? I haven't done the math but I think no?) or to get at a couple general perks.

It is until the ending. The journey is fun though

Heihachi is in a volcano and will probably survive like they always fucking do,
resolves nothing and setups up Jin Vs. Kazuya AGAIN. May as well have flashed up FINISH THE FIGHT.

Also, the character episodes are garbage compared to arcade endings in older Tekkens.

Nothing happens in the entire mode outside of the cool final fight. It's not abjectly terrible like the SFV story but it's boring as hell and none of the characters are compelling.

Curufinwe

The game was made in 4 months using what was left of Three Fields's money. So... yeah, when Jeff says that a lot of stuff in the game feels placeholder, it's because it is.

It's a lot of fun to play and a good complement to listening to podcasts or GB videos. So I actually appreciated the lack of music.

Burnout 2 had my favorite crash mode, spent a lot of high school playing couch co-op with that game. It felt like a game of (extreme) billiards in that it was all about lining up your initial crash on the right vehicle at the right speed and angle and after that it was all out of your control. I can see why the later crash modes adding more control and layers post-crash made it more popular with people, but the simplicity of that original mode really struck a chord with me.

robotrock

Banned
Nier: Automata is utterly incredible. I can't remember the last game I played that took such advantage of what only this medium can do.

I guess I should get back to Nier. I didn't finish the first ending yet and I know all the exciting stuff happens after that. Lately, I've been finding it really hard to play single player games. I've played nothing but PUBG lately. I want to play something else but I just peter out. I'm like halfway through a ton of single player games right now.

pizzacat

Banned
Everything Burnouty the people from Criterion did after splitting up looks bad

Burnout was bad
Racing game with too much focus on crashing always seemed bad to me.

Racing games were always kinda bad at least for me

Only good racing series out there with real cars is proll forza horizon tbh

I would eat a two inch person for 10 mill. C'mon, what kind of life are you living at two inches anyway, they're likely to be blown away by the wind and killed just as easily. I'll justify it to myself saying they had a vore fetish.

Zaph

I would eat a two inch person for 10 mill. C'mon, what kind of life are you living at two inches anyway, they're likely to be blown away by the wind and killed just as easily. I'll justify it to myself saying they had a vore fetish.

How many inches is too much? 4? 8? Would you eat a foot long person?

oti

Banned
Yes, the inclusion of Firewatch and Borderlands 2 is bothersome.

But her heroic stance against the Vita makes her still the best person on staff.

#Abby2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom