• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dany

Banned
TZPHBlc.png

something happen?

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I had been thinking even a few days prior to yesterdays UPF that Jason has to take down that studio all on his own. I dont know that there have even been less than two of those video producers to handle that.

Its crazy that they havent been able to get him help yet.

i don't know what the fuck happened on my playthrough. the only 10 ranks i had other than the ones you get from the story were ryuji, mishima, and the politician.
The biggest things are:
- Making sure you have the right arcanas on hand for bonus social points
- Getting time-saving confidants early, like Takemi, Kawakami, and Chihaya
- Making sure you're optimizing your time spent on social stats (e.g. always keeping your plant fed with the best fertilizer, only going to the bathhouse on days where you get bonus charm, taking advantage of the diner on rainy days to get 4 stat points in one go, knowing which confidants give big stat boosts as part of their story like Yoshida, etc.)

Phatmac

Finally finished Nier:Automata. It's difficult for me to truly explain how special the game is Every part of the game hits all of its themes with the concept of being human in a number of ways. I played Nier, so I expected most of the ways the story could change. Still, Yoko Taro managed to surprise me. I'm glad I understood nearly all of the references to his other games, cause boy did
the scene with Kaine's house break me.
Man, the ending was just...it's the reason I play games. Amazing game. Would recommend.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
P5 has the best combat of the series and has some of the best turn-based combat of any RPG in the genre. You can complain that it's too anime or that the story has pacing, but you have to recognize the combat is good. That, or you might as well just say you hate all turn-based RPGs.

Look, i think it's fine, but no, just no.

It's not even anywhere near the best of the smt series

Zaph

Finally finished Nier:Automata. It's difficult for me to truly explain how special the game is Every part of the game hits all of its themes with the concept of being human in a number of ways. I played Nier, so I expected most of the ways the story could change. Still, Yoko Taro managed to surprise me. I'm glad I understood nearly all of the references to his other games, cause boy did
Man, the ending was just...it's the reason I play games. Amazing game. Would recommend.

It's utterly incredible. I can't remember the last game I played that took such advantage of what only this medium can do.

Antiwhippy

If you have any questions join us in the spoiler thread.

I'll just say that, with everything you know now, when you have the chance run through A again. I'll assume you'll know what i mean.

Phatmac

If you have any questions join us in the spoiler thread.

I'll just say that, with everything you know now, when you have the chance run through A again. I'll assume you'll know what i mean.
Yeah, I'm going to watch Clemp's videos about the whole franchise now since reading the wiki of Drakengard doesn't do it justice.
i gave my save away to help someone so I can't. I really don't want to play it again in the spirit of giving up your data so I'll never play it again. ;__;

So, last week when PSN had a sale on some games, I picked up the complete edition of Telltale Games' Minecraft: Story Mode on PS4. While the game is entertaining enough, dear lord, the writing and plot seriously feels like a bunch of middle-schoolers wrote it. Like, it tries soooooooo hard to involve and incorporate every bit from lore of Minecraft (for instance, building with red stone, endermen, going to the nether/the end/the Far Lands, etc.). But, in that way, it is sort of charming, so it's not that big of a deal.

In that same sale, I picked up the other 4 chapters to King's Quest. I had the first chapter back when it was offered via PS+ (still a weird offering in my mind). I loved that first chapter, so I have a feeling I'll like the rest of it just the same.

ArjanN

Nah. Indiana Jones is the "what you think you look like" part of a what you think you look like vrs what you actually look like meme photo.

Pretty much, neckbeards starting wearing them because it was associated with noir detectives, Indiana Jones etc. for easy cooi guy points, except eventually it just got associated with dweebs like them.

Antiwhippy

So, last week when PSN had a sale on some games, I picked up the complete edition of Telltale Games' Minecraft: Story Mode on PS4. While the game is entertaining enough, dear lord, the writing and plot seriously feels like a bunch of middle-schoolers wrote it. Like, it tries soooooooo hard to involve and incorporate every bit from lore of Minecraft (for instance, building with red stone, endermen, going to the nether/the end/the Far Lands, etc.). But, in that way, it is sort of charming, so it's not that big of a deal.

I mean you gotta write for your audience. The audience for Minecraft are pretty much that age range.

Hindl

i don't know what the fuck happened on my playthrough. the only 10 ranks i had other than the ones you get from the story were ryuji, mishima, and the politician.
Same I just had politician, doctor and journalist. And I didn't romance any girl to 10 so there were certain sequences at the end where it just felt like I was missing huge chunks of it.

Now I need to convince myself to not buy dead cells

I mean you gotta write for your audience. The audience for Minecraft are pretty much that age range.

Which is funny, as I don't think that was ever Mojang's intention. They just sort of lucked into it. I remember when I was still in college, hearing many people talk about playing it and just not understanding what it was or why it was so talked about. It wasn't until Spring of 2011 when I saw someone playing it and asked what it is you exactly "do" in Minecraft. I sort of got it then. But I really got it when I played the free version (that version doesn't allow you to save your work). I remember playing it while listening to a Bombcast (I think it was the episode where Patrick talked about spamming juke boxes with the X-Files theme). I purchased it after the official release later that year. I basically just stick to creative mode, though. I just like building and don't care much for the survival mode (most of the time). I liked it enough to double dip on PS3/Vita (which allowed me to also get the PS4 version for just $5).

Which is funny, as I don't think that was ever Mojang's intention. They just sort of lucked into it. I remember when I was still in college, hearing many people talk about playing it and just not understanding what it was or why it was so talked about. It wasn't until Spring of 2011 when I saw someone playing it and asked what it is you exactly "do" in Minecraft. I sort of got it then. But I really got it when I played the free version (that version doesn't allow you to save your work). I remember playing it while listening to a Bombcast (I think it was the episode where Patrick talked about spamming juke boxes with the X-Files theme). I purchased it after the official release later that year. I basically just stick to creative mode, though. I just like building and don't care much for the survival mode (most of the time). I liked it enough to double dip on PS3/Vita (which allowed me to also get the PS4 version for just $5).
Yeah it really wasn't until the Xbox release that it started to blow up with kids. From 2010-2012 it was mostly just enthusiast gamers and prior to 2010 very few people knew about it at all.

Strax

Yeah it really wasn't until the Xbox release that it started to blow up with kids. From 2010-2012 it was mostly just enthusiast gamers and prior to 2010 very few people knew about it at all.

My personal experience begs to differ. Working with kids ages 6 to 16 from 2010 to 2013 the kids here went crazy for Minecraft 2010-2011 and it fell off hard after that, at least in terms of talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom