• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as the complete tonal shift in MP3 bummed me out, the thing that really killed it for me was the fact that there weren't any encounters I wanted to replay. I redid sections of 1 and 2 over and over and over, but I only felt compelled to replay the airport sequence in 3, and it was kind of boring the second time through lol. The game makes for some incredible gifs, but it just entirely failed to connect with me.

Loved the multiplayer, though. /shrug

As much as the complete tonal shift in MP3 bummed me out, the thing that really killed it for me was the fact that there weren't any encounters I wanted to replay. I redid sections of 1 and 2 over and over and over, but I only felt compelled to replay the airport sequence in 3, and it was kind of boring the second time through lol. The game makes for some incredible gifs, but it just entirely failed to connect with me.

...Mario Party 3?

Idk I very much enjoyed the new jersey stages. Shit was badass like a western.

A1R9MuuGO7L._SX522_.jpg

43dad10fd114d352bd1d8b565987e2de.jpg

?

Completely bungle the narrative and tone of its predecessors?

I'm interested in what you would have done differently for a guy who's wanted dead by almost everyone in NY?

I was addicted to the arcade mode. It seems that nobody gave it a chance really because it skips most of the cutscenes.

look, man

the people who made those games good have been gone from those studios for a long time, now

I want those games bad but the former would be Frostbite-ridden and busted, and the latter would be like Max Payne 3

Mirror's Edge 2 was a stark reminder I shouldn't get excited about those announcements.

I want EA to announce The Jedi Knight, but deep down I know it won't be the Jedi Academy successor I want.

What I don't get about Bloodstained is why they felt the need to make it at all. This isn't like Pillars of Eternity where the genre was resurrected after a decade or more of dormancy.

Metroidvanias are alive and well. There's been Shadow Complex, Dust An Elysian Tale, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Strider, Guacamelee, Salt and Sanctuary, Outland, Momodora, Song of the Deep, Ori, Hollow Knight, and Axiom Verge. And most of those have gimmicks or mechanics that elevate them above the old school Castlevanias.

So it's not like I was chomping at the bit for yet another throwback.

What I don't get about Bloodstained is why they felt the need to make it at all. This isn't like Pillars of Eternity where the genre was resurrected after a decade or more of dormancy.

Metroidvanias are alive and well. There's been Shadow Complex, Dust An Elysian Tale, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Strider, Guacamelee, Salt and Sanctuary, Outland, Momodora, Song of the Deep, Ori, Hollow Knight, and Axiom Verge. And most of those have gimmicks or mechanics that elevate them above the old school Castlevanias.

Because none of those mentioned above were made by Iga and there are fans that want a Igavania game again

Look man, those games aren't made by IGA and they don't have the sounds of Michiru Yamane.

Is that some Mickey Mouse game or something?

None of them developers have a bitchin' bullwhip, cowboy hat, and a "step on off beard" though.

Look man, those games aren't made by IGA and they don't have the sounds of Michiru Yamane.

That too.

Joeku

I'd play more MP3 if I felt like I knew what I was actually doing. I see clips of kneecapping and shooting on while still on the ground after a shootdodge, and I feel like I just was not considering even baseline strategy like that. The closest I probably got was the Airport, but I'm sure that was just the music making me feel ballsy enough to get risky.

Fireblend

Banned
I'd play more MP3 if I felt like I knew what I was actually doing. I see clips of kneecapping and shooting on while still on the ground after a shootdodge, and I feel like I just was not considering even baseline strategy like that. The closest I probably got was the Airport, but I'm sure that was just the music making me feel ballsy enough to get risky.

Metroid Prime 3?

Mario Party 3?

Mr. F

Banned
I really missed the weird noir tone from the first two Mario Party's.

In crowdfunding news, Raz is looking good. Kind of wish there were more frequent updates (Psychonauts 2), but everything they've shown looks great so far. (Edit: An art test from the last update.)

Not a backer but I was under the impression they were doing the broken age model of monthly documentary eps, no? Or are you saying you wish there were more publicly available updates?

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I wonder if there is a single developer with a more diverse portfolio than Klei. I just read they will announce yet another new game at E3.

I mean they just released their space colony sim in Early Access and are working on a first person parkour game. They made a stealth platformer (Mark of the Ninja), two brawlers (Shank 1&2), a turn based stealth infiltration game (Invisible Inc) and a survival crafting game (Don't Starve) + a bunch of DLC and expansions to some of those games.
That's a whole bunch of completely different games and most of them were pretty freaking good.

I wonder if there is a single developer with a more diverse portfolio than Klei. I just read they will announce yet another new game at E3.

I mean they just released their space colony sim in Early Access and are working on a first person parkour game. They made a stealth platformer (Mark of the Ninja), two brawlers (Shank 1&2), a turn based stealth infiltration game (Invisible Inc) and a survival crafting game (Don't Starve) + a bunch of DLC and expansions to some of those games.
That's a whole bunch of completely different games and most of them were pretty freaking good.

Space Colony Sim?

Do the numbers go up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom