• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Long War 2 in XCOM 2 makes me want to shoot myself.

tumblr_oq88dp2G6N1wpgm6lo2_500.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
One thing I'll say about Arms positively outside of style

It kind of made me remember that I miss having the occasional game to get me up and walking around and swinging my arms around. Like I dont want it to be the focus control scheme for Nintendo but if I could get like a new Wii Sports or a Rhythm Heaven that us es the Joyconns, that'd be dope.

oti

Banned
I just realized Arms came out and nobody outside of the OT is talking about it

Eh, we had a super big demo thread and now the OT. Let's keep it at that, I'd say.

Due to E3 I totally forgot it was coming out though lol.

The #DragonBallZ seems to be the real hotness right now. I'd like to see a Pokémon fighting game in that engine. Not this weird phase shift Tekken Pokémon stuff.

Jintor

I impulse bought arms yesterday and could probably have gone alone happily without it?

It's good but it doesn't have that intense grip on my soul that splatoon did

oti

Banned
Yeah I think I'm just waiting for Splatoon 2 despite me liking the testpunch.

Me too. I know I'll like Splatoon 2 more and it seems way more fleshed out than Arms at launch. Arms could be a great purchase in Year 2, after a couple of updates. Splatoon is not too far off anyway. I'll either get the Zelda DLC or just play games from my backlog until then.

That new Dragonball game and Tekken 7 are on the same engine

Wizards!

robotrock

Banned
If I can find a Switch this weekend I'll probably buy ARMS with it. It's either that or Disgaea 5.

Puyo Puyo Tetris and MK8 Deluxe are locks

Dineren

Banned
I'm enjoying ARMS, but I probably wouldn't have bought it if I hadn't had $30 in reward certs from Best Buy. Definitely not enough content to justify $60.

oti

Banned
Yeah. My poor wallet is going to take a battering.

I think the "worst" game for me was Days Gone. It looks super high quality but kind of boring. But think about what that means about the general quality of games overall. It's amazing.

Hasney

I bought Wolfenstien The New Order after Bethesda as I have never played it (£6 and I also got the pre order bonus somehow) and I can't get into it. Cutscenes seem fun, but actually playing it is a drag.

Probably for the best, now I can just buy Mario on the 27th Oct and not Wolfenstein too.

Catvoca

Banned
If I can find a Switch this weekend I'll probably buy ARMS with it. It's either that or Disgaea 5.

Puyo Puyo Tetris and MK8 Deluxe are locks

I was planning on doing the same thing (except with Zelda too) but there's no Switchs in stock anywhere where I am. It's kinda crazy since Arms is out this week, I thought for sure Nintendo would try get some new stock in for it.

Hasney

I was planning on doing the same thing (except with Zelda too) but there's no Switch in stock anywhere where I am. It's kinda crazy since Arms is out this week, I thought for sure Nintendo would try get some new stock in for it.

They had a batch in the UK, but sold out on Amazon until July again now.

oti

Banned
Post-E3 wishlist

• Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
• Super Mario Odyssey
• Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (maybe)
• The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC (maybe now, maybe once Pack 2 is released)
• Kirby and Yoshi should be fun with my cousin and god daughter
• Splatoon 2 looks awesome
• Sushi Striker: Way of Sushido looks super fun
• Assassin's Creed Origins (too bad it's the same day as Odyssey, so it will have to wait)
• Super Lucky's Tale
• Cuphead
• Ashen
• Middle-earth: Shadow of War (this will be a 5€ purchase a few years down the line, I love LotR but this game seems just as meh as the first one)
• Ori and the Will of the Wisp (I'm currently playing the first one, good fun and challenging)
• Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
• Shadow of the Colossus (stopped playing the PS3 remake because it was too ugly, so this is perfect for me)
• God of War
• Destiny 2 (depending on how many friends will get it too)
• Ni no Kuni II
• South Park: The Fractured But Whole
• Starlink: Battle for Atlas (could be a lot of fun)
• Beyond Good and Evil 2 (who knows when this is coming out but I love everything about this re-imagining)
• Monster Hunter World (hopingthis will finally be the time the series clicks with me, would be nice to have a second multiplayer game on PS4 next to Overwatch)

Poyunch

I had a meatball sub yesterday and I blame Ben and Abby.

I only payed $6.80 for my foot-long sub. Surprisingly. I almost hesitated and thought that was too much since the 6 inch was only $3.99.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Thinking about it, there were actually a lot of games shown during E3 that I want to play.
Lot of people are calling this year disappointing but I got what I wanted. Wish they had shown some more Switch games that interest me, the next one for me is MarioxRabbids.

Xater

I impulse bought arms yesterday and could probably have gone alone happily without it?

It's good but it doesn't have that intense grip on my soul that splatoon did

I did the same. I have fun with it, but the value proposition is just garbage. I even enjoy playing ranked, but I can already see it growing thin within a month. If you are not that much into playing online there kinda is nothing here.

An early access like model where they increase the price after the game has more content would have been fairer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom