• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Wolfenstien The New Order after Bethesda as I have never played it (£6 and I also got the pre order bonus somehow) and I can't get into it. Cutscenes seem fun, but actually playing it is a drag.

Probably for the best, now I can just buy Mario on the 27th Oct and not Wolfenstein too.

I bounced off it originally so I figured I'd give it another shot last night and it just feels off to me. It's a little like the dishonoured series where it's something I should really enjoy on paper, but there's something about the game and how it controls that I can't get over.

Meneses

but no more ben and abby goodtimes. they were a good combo.

e3 was a good proving grounds for them and their pod i hope means they'll be both pushing for new content ideas as well. dan has noticably been the main driver in the past few months so hopefully we'll see more experimentation from both coasts

I don't really connect with the youngsters. I'm glad they're feeling comfortable doing their stuff but it's not for me.

Zekes!

I bought Wolfenstien The New Order after Bethesda as I have never played it (£6 and I also got the pre order bonus somehow) and I can't get into it. Cutscenes seem fun, but actually playing it is a drag.

Probably for the best, now I can just buy Mario on the 27th Oct and not Wolfenstein too.

I also got it on sale the other day, but I've been really into it. The narrative is definitely the strongest part so far, but I've been having fun shooting and stealth killing Nazis. It has some rough edges (enemies seem to get stuck once and a while), but if Wolfenstein II is more polished then I'll be even more into it.

Looks like it's about a bald guy that punches(?).
Funny, subverts a lot of anime/manga action tropes. God tier art. Strongest and most badass character of all manga, King.

The anime adaptation is pretty amazing. I typically drop even the most well-done adaptations of things I love after a few episodes but this one had me desperate for new episodes every time.
Judging by the name, I would expect one or more punches.
I watched a few episodes and can confirm it's about punches. Lots of punches. The pacing of it needs getting used to though as it feels to me that it's TOO random at times however, I'm only 4 episodes in and the animation is fucking superb.

The theme has been stuck in my head ever since the conference.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I dont see how that missle silo video was 'through the lens of games' other than 'sometimes games have nukes in them!'

There was that simulator on UPF with Drew behind the controls of various nuclear missile launch sites. I'd link it but putting the right search string to find that game would put me on all kinds of lists.

Ashby

The only games that I've stuck with as of late have been Fire Emblem: SoV and Nier Automata. I don't think I like video games, I just like 8-4.

reminder to send Dan birthday feet pics

I sent him something better than feet.
https://twitter.com/amboyes/status/875903083674349569

So looks like Jeff, Alex and Adam drove back to SF today. Shame it wasn't streamed on mixlr
I see now why I haven't seen any Mixlr notification. That's a shame but at the same time I'm sure they just wanted to catch up and talk life stuff. Pretty hyped for Alex on UPF though this week.
Thinking about it, there were actually a lot of games shown during E3 that I want to play.
Lot of people are calling this year disappointing but I got what I wanted. Wish they had shown some more Switch games that interest me, the next one for me is MarioxRabbids.

Games that are releasing this year:

• ARMS
  • Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
  • Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Splatoon 2
  • Pyre
  • Hey! Pikmin
  • Dragon Quest XI
  • Tacoma
  • Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
  • LawBreakers
  • Agents of Mayhem
  • Sonic Mania
  • Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
  • Absolver
  • Everybody's Golf
  • Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle
  • Yakuza Kiwami
  • Life Is Strange: Before the Storm — Episode 1
  • Knack 2
  • Destiny 2
  • Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
  • Divinity: Original Sin II
  • Dishonored 2: Death Of The Outsider
  • Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite
  • Project CARS 2
  • NBA 2K18
  • The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
  • Total War: Warhammer II
  • Cuphead
  • Fifa 18
  • Forza Motorsport 7
  • Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  • The Evil Within 2
  • South Park: The Fractured but Whole
  • Assassin's Creed: Origins
  • Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
  • Super Mario Odyssey
  • Call of Duty: WWII
  • Crackdown 3
  • Need for Speed Payback
  • Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
  • Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2
  • Star Wars Battlefront II
  • Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon
  • Vampyr
    [*]Metroid: Samus Returns AM2R
FOLKS

TraBuch

Banned
Guys, guys, motherfucking .HACK//GU HD IS A FUCKING THING AND IM STILL SO HAPPY EVERYONE BUY IT SO THEY MAKE A REAL .HACK SEQUEL MADE FOR CURRENT GEN SYSTEMS AND NOT SHITTY PHONE GAMES!

Dineren

Banned
Guys, guys, motherfucking .HACK//GU HD IS A FUCKING THING AND IM STILL SO HAPPY EVERYONE BUY IT SO THEY MAKE A REAL .HACK SEQUEL MADE FOR CURRENT GEN SYSTEMS AND NOT SHITTY PHONE GAMES!

I'm still shocked this is happening, I thought for sure this series was dead forever. I still wish IMOQ were being remade first though.

Vic_Viper

Did Alex and Ben ever do their Persona 5 Spoilercast?

Anyone know which feed it will be under when they do if they havent already?

Hasney

Did Alex and Ben ever do their Persona 5 Spoilercast?

Anyone know which feed it will be under when they do if they havent already?

No, and probably presents unless they do premium. Alex is hanging out in SF for a little while. Did it after E3 instead of before this time.

Indeed. It was the only segment of all their E3 coverage that I completely skipped.

Yeah, after Greg got plastered and took off his shirt at E3 a few years ago, I cannot stand him. That and his enabling and defending Colin, I don't see what value he brings to the table. I've yet to see a GB E3 video where he has anything I felt like hearing.

Hasney

Yeah, after Greg got plastered and took off his shirt at E3 a few years ago, I cannot stand him. That and his enabling and defending Colin, I don't see what value he brings to the table. I've yet to see a GB E3 video where he has anything I felt like hearing.

Yeah, I wish Tim would leave Kinda Funny because I like him, but alongside Greg (and previously Colin), I can't stand him.

In a wheelchair for League of Heels was pretty funny though.

Vic_Viper

Nothing remotely close to that happened this year.

I dont see how that missle silo video was 'through the lens of games' other than 'sometimes games have nukes in them!'

It's his first video, he's probably still working out a lot things in terms of content and presentation.

That said, I think there's a fair overlap between gamers and people who would be interested to see things like an actual nuclear missile silo. Lots of games utilize the context of war and the aftermath of war, and it was really interesting to see the real thing, especially in the 'simulator' part where he got to actually push the button.

More broadly, it's Drew, and Drew videos have been consistently great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom