• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I'm kind of interested to see if Splatoon 2 can take hold as an esport because the tournament they did in E3 was really fun.

Xater

I'm kind of interested to see if Splatoon 2 can take hold as an esport because the tournament they did in E3 was really fun.

Yeah, the tournament was really good. It got me even more hyped for the game. I was hoping the one for Pokken would do the same, but that game just looked as lame as when I played it before.

Both the Splatoon and the Arms tournaments were great fun- it's the Arms tournament that finally sold me on that game.

Pokken was horrendously dull, but that's nothing new.

Jintor

i think they've finally built in the tools that splatoon needs to be visually good, only needing to input a single device or two into a capture unit is invaluable compared to the fucking mess splat1 needed. similarly the switch units themselves being designed to be portable should free up a lot of overhead and the docks are pretty much plug and play.

i still don't know what the scene will look like but i hope there ends up being one. nintendo will really have to put in the work to nurture it though i think.

Scizzy

I just listened to the Janina Gavankar segment and came away thinking she was the best. Then, I looked at her Wikipedia page, which has at least two amazing sentences in it:

1: "Gavankar is an admitted gamer . . ."

2: "Gavankar was the first actor to use Twitter, signing up on Richard Branson's computer on Necker Island in 2006."

Jintor

i was a bit disappointed but i understood why she felt like she had to say she was a real gamer

i will never in a million years understand why people think attractive girls would pretend to game for attention or some shit and are just fakes or whatever. it's a mindset so up its own arse it's kind of not even worth considering

chogidogs

I bought Wolfenstien The New Order after Bethesda as I have never played it (£6 and I also got the pre order bonus somehow) and I can't get into it. Cutscenes seem fun, but actually playing it is a drag.

Bought it also from the sale. I'm planning to play it on easy, unless I git gud midway through like I did in Doom.

Scizzy

i was a bit disappointed but i understood why she felt like she had to say she was a real gamer

i will never in a million years understand why people think attractive girls would pretend to game for attention or some shit and are just fakes or whatever. it's a mindset so up its own arse it's kind of not even worth considering

The worst is that in addition to insulting women, it's just such a self-own. These jerks are basically saying, "what I do with my free time is so lame that no one as pretty as you would be sincerely interested."

Interesting that Alex said Shadow of War demo was one of his highlights of E3. Patrick and Austin were both extremely negative on it.

WHO TO BELIEVE

Hasney

Interesting that Alex said Shadow of War demo was one of his highlights of E3. Patrick and Austin were both extremely negative on it.

WHO TO BELIEVE

It's one of those games with personal stories. If you don't get a decent situation, it's a bummer. If shit goes down, it's great.

I mean they're kinda right in that there are weird slavery undertones to the whole thing.
Nah I'm not even talking about the political implications, on their last live show they ranted about how they think the fortress assault stuff is boring because all you do is run to control points and hit a button and nothing you do with your orc commanders really matters.

Strax

I think the mindset has it's merits, both fake and real. If you watch any medium you'd think only basement dwelling nerds or stoners play video games so it's not really difficult to imagine why people who fall into those sterotypes would be defensive about it. Personally I never heard anyone saying video games are for nerds or something like that until I was maybe 25.

Also people do fake shit all the time for different reasons. That clearly doesn't apply to Janina Gavankar and gaming tho.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah I'm not even talking about the political implications, on their last live show they ranted about how they think the fortress assault stuff is boring because all you do is run to control points and hit a button and nothing you do with your orc commanders really matters.

Jeff also kinda echoed the same points. That the fortress stuff felt like a singleplayer multiplayer mode.

oti

Banned

WHO TO BELIEVE

Huber from EZA was also super negative. But the first one was also a meh game. The sequel just adds more systems to it.

Strax

Shadow of War reminds of when I didn't play Football Manager for 2-3 years and came back to it and it had like extra 20 bullshit layers of new systems. Shadow of Morder is one of my fav. games this gen but everything they've shown of Shadow of War is pushing me away from buying it.

Meguro

Banned
Back in Community where we belong.
Also I played 9 hours of FF14 yesterday and am finally up to the new expansion content. It's great!
So if you hate having freetime I recommend it.

Strax

what is a fake merit

r011n00003new.jpg

This maybe?

Mr. F

Banned

WHO TO BELIEVE

Personal tastes and all that. I couldn't get excited for a Shadow of Mordor sequel if you paid me

Is this Greg Miller/Gies segment really just 45 minutes of console war stuff? Why doesn't Mary get to talk?

welcome to Greg Miller. Haven't yet heard the segment but that's a bummer and a waste of Mary

TraBuch

Banned
$1 is too much for a meatball sub. Meatball subs fucking suck. The meat to bread ratio is terrible.

Now if we were talking Philly Cheesesteaks, I'd pay upwards of $17.99 for a good one.

Ashby

$1 is too much for a meatball sub. Meatball subs fucking suck. The meat to bread ratio is terrible.

Now if we were talking Philly Cheesesteaks, I'd pay upwards of $17.99 for a good one.

I'd pay upwards of $20 bucks for either a Meatball sub or a Philly Cheesesteak.

Jintor

I think the mindset has it's merits, both fake and real. If you watch any medium you'd think only basement dwelling nerds or stoners play video games so it's not really difficult to imagine why people who fall into those sterotypes would be defensive about it. Personally I never heard anyone saying video games are for nerds or something like that until I was maybe 25.

Also people do fake shit all the time for different reasons. That clearly doesn't apply to Janina Gavankar and gaming tho.

i get that people are defensive of a thing that they widely consider snubbed by society, and i understand that it's instinctive to act as a gatekeeper of a private domain of interests especially when the group you identify with is looked down on for holding them, but the idea of fake gamer girlssssss who are just in it for the attention and clicks is just this bizarro land sexist fantasy where girls apparently can't enjoy gaming for the same reasons that you do because, i don't know, brain chemicals or some shit.

what does a 'fake' interest in something even look like? i guess the closest I can think of is a poser

pizzacat

Banned
If a sandwich is more than $10 and it ain't like a 40ft party sub it ain't worth it

Shit if you're spending more than $10 by yourself for food exclusively somethings wrong

Have y'all heard the good word of Taco Bell 🌮🛎🙌🏻

Alfredo

Has GB touched on The Last Night and its controversy yet? I remember seeing that trailer and being amazed at how it looked. Seems like a visual style that would totally be up Giant Bomb's alley...but then the history of the game's writer came up and I quickly "Noped" out of there.

I'm interested to hear GB's take on it, but I can also understand if they just didn't wanna talk about it.

Seventy70

Has GB touched on The Last Night and its controversy yet? I remember seeing that trailer and being amazed at how it looked. Seems like a visual style that would totally be up Giant Bomb's alley...but then the history of the game's writer came up and I quickly "Noped" out of there.

I'm interested to hear GB's take on it, but I can also understand if they just didn't wanna talk about it.

I'm pretty sure someone asked Jeff if he saw it and his instant answer was "nope".

Edit: Actually, it might've been Jeff B. that asked on the Beastcast

Jintor

If a sandwich is more than $10 and it ain't like a 40ft party sub it ain't worth it

Shit if you're spending more than $10 by yourself for food exclusively somethings wrong

Have y'all heard the good word of Taco Bell 🌮🛎🙌🏻

australia i think average would be about $5-8 for a shit meal/deal meal and $10-15 for a non-fancy meal for oneself

Jintor

but no more ben and abby goodtimes. they were a good combo.

e3 was a good proving grounds for them and their pod i hope means they'll be both pushing for new content ideas as well. dan has noticably been the main driver in the past few months so hopefully we'll see more experimentation from both coasts

Curufinwe

I bought Wolfenstien The New Order after Bethesda as I have never played it (£6 and I also got the pre order bonus somehow) and I can't get into it. Cutscenes seem fun, but actually playing it is a drag.

Probably for the best, now I can just buy Mario on the 27th Oct and not Wolfenstein too.

I played it on Normal and it was a bit of a chore to get thru. The bridge level and the final boss were especially annoying.

Maybe it plays better on PC, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom