• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashby

The E3 shows wouldn't exist without our subscription dollars because Giant Bomb wouldn't exist without our subscription dollars!

tumblr_o24kgtjKgP1qi7vf4o1_500.gif

Long War 2 is fucking me up fam.

You're just lucky that was a warning gator...

SeanR1221

Yeah I've been enjoying the party mode, it has a nice pace to it. I'm terrible so it's nice that no match ever lasts that long, and I like the mix of game types as it gives me a chance at stealing a win. I'm struggling to clear level 4 to unlock ranked mode though...gotta practice some more. It also passed the girlfriend test which I don't think a fighting game ever would. She's able to play, have fun, and still be challenged in close fights on the lower difficulties against ai.

I feel the same way about party mode. Having more fun with that over tekken or injustice online.

You guys really shouldn't be judging your life based on what others have done with theirs.

It's never a one to one comparison.

It's also never too late to go after your dreams if you want to.

Be happy for others success it doesn't take anything away from you or anyone else. <3

*Shrug*

If you want to feel insignificant about your age.

Ryan, Vinny and Brad where all still in their late 20's when they left gamespot for Giant Bomb started.

geoff and viny both playing
new order today

It really is a good game. I mentioned this back in January after I beat the game (I got it for Christmas), but I feel like I might've liked it more than Doom (which I had beaten just prior to starting The New Order). I still want to pick up and beat The New Blood before The New Colossus releases.

Also, how strange is it that The New Colossus is called Wolfenstein II, when Wolfenstein: The New Order was, in a way, a sequel to 2009's Wolfenstein (back when Activision still published the series)? I sort of wouldn't mind seeing Machine Games remaking that original game from the ground up (or at least have Bethesda hire someone to remaster it for current gen consoles, using the aesthetic of the Machine Games developed Wolfenstein games).

Joeku

geoff and viny both playing
new order today

It really is a good game. I mentioned this back in January after I beat the game (I got it for Christmas), but I feel like I might've liked it more than Doom (which I had beaten just prior to starting The New Order). I still want to pick up and beat The New Blood before The New Colossus releases.

Also, how strange is it that The New Colossus is called Wolfenstein II, when Wolfenstein: The New Order was, in a way, a sequel to 2009's Wolfenstein (back when Activision still published the series)? I sort of wouldn't mind seeing Machine Games remaking that original game from the ground up (or at least have Bethesda hire someone to remaster it for current gen consoles, using the aesthetic of the Machine Games developed Wolfenstein games).

I hope they never stop feeling bad for not putting it on their top 10 in 20-goddamn-14.

As to it being a sequel to 2009, yeah, that was weird. I never finished it, but both Caroline and Deathshead were from that game I think? MachineGames didn't need to pay lip-service to that game at all but I guess it's cool they did? And as to the subject matter, I was literally just playing The New Blood, and it certainly seems to be covering some of the ground that 2009 did.

So Bombers, I'm gonna be real, I've never played Crash Bandicoot outside of the Uncharted 4 segments. I'm really intrigued by the N. Sane Trilogy and I feel like it will tide me over till my August purchase trifecta.

Now I love platformers (I platinumed Yooka-Laylee lol) but for fans of the series, what does Crash bring to the genre?

I'm going in mostly blind outside of some gameplay vids I watched to get a feel for the game.

Thanks.

I hope they never stop feeling bad for not putting it on their top 10 in 20-goddamn-14.

As to it being a sequel to 2009, yeah, that was weird. I never finished it, but both Caroline and Deathshead were from that game I think? MachineGames didn't need to pay lip-service to that game at all but I guess it's cool they did? And as to the subject matter, I was literally just playing The New Blood, and it certainly seems to be covering some of the ground that 2009 did.

If I'm not mistaken, it was Drew's personal #1 top-10 game.

So Bombers, I'm gonna be real, I've never played Crash Bandicoot outside of the Uncharted 4 segments. I'm really intrigued by the N. Sane Trilogy and I feel like it will tide me over till my August purchase trifecta.

Now I love platformers (I platinumed Yooka-Laylee lol) but for fans of the series, what does Crash bring to the genre?

I'm going in mostly blind outside of some gameplay vids I watched to get a feel for the game.

Thanks.

I wouldnt go in expecting anything on the scope of a Mario 64 style game. The PS1 Crash games are much smaller in scope and are basically early 3D gaming stab at 2D platformers but designed around going backwards or forwards instead of left to right.

They are pretty simple on paper but I think that worked in their favor and why they held up better then a lot of other early 3D games of the time. The 3D-ness is pretty limited so they didnt really create a opportunity to fuck anything up.

They are fun games. Would recommend.

I wouldnt go in expecting anything on the scope of a Mario 64 style game. The PS1 Crash games are much smaller in scope and are basically early 3D gaming stab at 2D platformers but designed around going backwards or forwards instead of left to right.

They are pretty simple on paper but I think that worked in their favor and why they held up better then a lot of other early 3D games of the time. The 3D-ness is pretty limited so they didnt really create a opportunity to fuck anything up.

They are fun games. Would recommend.
Probably going all in with the preorder. Thanks for being so funky, funkstudent.

TraBuch

Banned
I seem to remember that 09 Wolfenstein actually being kinda underrated. Put it on the same level as something like Singularity, another game I really enjoyed.

Huh. Just realized that both games were developed by Raven.

Thanks.

Pretty much nothing.

CTR was pretty cool.

Can confirm. Downloaded the PS3 PS1 Classic. Really fun. Shame I missed out on downloading it to Vita when that glitch occurred that allowed you to download every PSP-compatible game to Vita, including the blacklisted ones. Still don't understand why the Crash PS1 games are blacklisted on Vita.

Being playing some New Order and its pretty cool, even had some moments you would see in a horror game. That train scene was tense as fuck

Current status: HOLY SHIT BOBBY :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom