• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

Wait really? If it's in Australia I'd assume the UK will have it too.

Nope, it's only in 5 territories and hasn't managed to expand in years. Given what you get for your sub, they're probably struggling to negotiate rights because it's such a good deal.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I wonder if Dan has seen this
RKCJLeul.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4652532
A teenager is magically transported to China and learns to convert his video game skills into those of a Kung Fu warrior.

Hasney

Oh wait, so is it google music in general?

Or does it play into the youtube music video stuff?

We get Google Music, thankfully. Seems to be that due to currency conversions, they get a better chunk of change per view in the UK and EU on YouTube than they do other countries and want to protect that.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
We get Google Music, thankfully. Seems to be that due to currency conversions, they get a better chunk of change per view in the UK and EU on YouTube than they do other countries and want to protect that.

Alright, it would make sense if it's tied up due to video views. Especially seeing that any moderately mainstream music video will hit >10 million views regularly.

Wunder

Well, you read the actual quote, not the hot take headline. Still, the dude sucks at PR/dancing around subjects.

the quote still sticks up weirdly though, even in context. I don't really understand what he means by it. I agree that the montages aren't as effective as they were years ago, but I still enjoy them because you can see snippets of cool gameplay/art and get interested in that title.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
the quote still sticks up weirdly though, even in context. I don't really understand what he means by it. I agree that the montages aren't as effective as they were years ago, but I still enjoy them because you can see snippets of cool gameplay/art and get interested in that title.

Well Sony seems to think the main stage is only for big AAA titles given 3-5 minutes a piece, while smaller stuff has other avenues (their own pre-show, PSX, etc). Big AAA stuff/AAA reveals is what people get excited about when they give their hot takes on "who won e3, etc."

He seems to (rightly) assume that people know PS4 will be getting 95% of indie releases and most will be multi-platform anyways. He knows people don't buy consoles for indie games.

Personally, I'd rather they show some of the higher quality ones at the e3 presser.

Jennipeg

I just read it as them giving the stage time to VR, as that is more pressing for them at the moment, like indies were a few years ago. I don't think an indie showcase would have worked in this years show, since they didn't want anyone talking and don't like montages anymore.

I guess they just think they can promote their indie titles better elsewhere. I'd personally like to see them on stage again, but I didn't really like this years show anyway, so they need to reconsider a lot of things.

It's a bullshit clickbait headline. All the quote is saying is "We used to do big indie montages that didn't actually tell you much about the game, so we could prove that the PS4 would have indies. But now everyone knows the PS4 has indies, so those montages aren't effective any more."

Hasney

It's a bullshit clickbait headline. All the quote is saying is "We used to do big indie montages that didn't actually tell you much about the game, so we could prove that the PS4 would have indies. But now everyone knows the PS4 has indies, so those montages aren't effective any more."

Which only works if you see them as a different level of games. Would have been nice to break up the 3rd person action-story montage of video games for those that don't have PSVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom