• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hah, was listening to an old cast, and I think this might be the first mention of Ben?

7-20-2010

Ryan talks about how he saw Ben at California Xtreme and how he's the tallest dude he has seen.

Caught up on #content.

UPF was alright.

I'm at the final arc of The Surge but I'm gonna catch up on some Netflix series I'm behind on.

Not many games coming out that I'm interested in so I guess E3 is my next big event.

Whelp...S;G 0 took a super interesting turn and went from cheerful to fucking dark in an instant.
I assume you got to the part where Faris was got hired as the new GBW video producer and the assholes on NeoGAF declared her meoworst girl. Monsters, all of them.

I enjoyed SEED as a retelling of OG Gundam, even with it's flaws. Too bad they fucked the whole thing with Destiny.
The only thing interesting about SEED was Rau Le Creuset's scheming... well, until the revelation that
he had no scheme and was just doing random evil shit 'cause he's CrAzEy!

Antiwhippy

I assume you got to the part where Faris was got hired as the new GBW video producer and the assholes on NeoGAF declared her meoworst girl. Monsters, all of them.

Posting before I read the OP: I hope Farist has some kind of scoop on the GB East/West situation/actual stuff to say and not just "I'm a nerdy cat maid who nyans and shits and farts and nyan and oh yeah Rai-Net Access Battlers makes my pussy fart" stuff on the forum.

I see enough of that lazy trash on @channel and I hold my GB gaf posters to a higher standard

daveo42

Banned
Just saw the darkest timeline and the darkest end. Fuck...I need a break.

I could see that, while secretly everyone wished they could be cool enough to hang out with the nya-cist person on staff.

Alucrid

Banned
I've played PD back in the day but never got far into it because the gameplay never hooked me. It came out at an interesting time though back when JP game developers were making these weird, unique Xbox exclusives like Breakdown, Magatama, Murakumo & Otogi just to name a few.

It's because of the setup I'm guessing. It's better to play sitting than standing from where he's at. Plus, I don't think he wants to mess with any calibration stuff as to not introduce any tracking issues.

YES. I was going to post this. This game was way ahead of its time and it probably has the only good first person hand to hand combat. If you experimented enough you could make tons of moves, enough to make a move list. It definitely was a very memorable experience.

oh yeah okay. i guess it's not quite as robust as the other headsets when moving around a lot

Finished Nier: Automata Route B and despite all the downtalk about hacking I actually preferred Route B. It had some very interesting, quite haunting revelations and it was way more engaging in terms of how the story flowed since we're getting the same story just from another perspective that puts a unique spin on the whole thing. I quite liked the hacking as well because they made it in a way that makes sense both gameplay & thematic wise which in this case goes all the way to the menus even. Good shit. I look forward to jumping into Route C tomorrow and then eventually get to ending E.

BECOME AS GODS

I'm glad we have more stories like SOMA. These existential questions about humanity, A.I, the future and what it means to be are endlessly fascinating to me(this is not a Nier spoiler I assure you). It's one of the reasons why I still think about SOMA(SPOILERS).

Ah, too late for this. Would have loved to join!
Alien was all right guys

It is a damn fine film. I prefer the theatrical cut over the director's cut.

Hjod

Banned
I started playing Nier yesterday, and I'm liking it so far, even though I really don't like the controls, to many things are done via the triggers (shooting, dodge, lock on). But that's my biggest gripe so far actually.

Antiwhippy

Finished Nier: Automata Route B and despite all the downtalk about hacking I actually preferred Route B. It had some very interesting, quite haunting revelations and it was way more engaging in terms of how the story flowed since we're getting the same story just from another perspective that puts a unique spin on the whole thing. I quite liked the hacking as well because they made it in a way that makes sense both gameplay & thematic wise which in this case goes all the way to the menus even. Good shit. I look forward to jumping into Route C tomorrow and then eventually get to ending E.

BECOME AS GODS

Yes.

Another one who liked route B to show that I'm not crazy.

I started playing Nier yesterday, and I'm liking it so far, even though I really don't like the controls, to many things are done via the triggers (shooting, dodge, lock on). But that's my biggest gripe so far actually.

I didn't like the default controls either, but you can customise it.

Hjod

Banned
Yes.
I didn't like the default controls either, but you can customise it.

Nice, I'll have a look.

The only good movie in the Alien series is Alien. Aliens ruins what made the original great and the rest are all downhill from there.

I agree, the first Alien is great. I still like Aliens, but not as an sequel, just as an movie in the same universe.

Alien is a good creepy horror movie, Aliens is a good action/monster movie.

justjim89

The only good movie in the Alien series is Alien. Aliens ruins what made the original great and the rest are all downhill from there.

justjim89

Nice, I'll have a look.

I agree, the first Alien is great. I still like Aliens, but not as an sequel, just as an movie in the same universe.

Alien is a good creepy horror movie, Aliens is a good action/monster movie.

I'm kinda glad I didn't like Aliens, because the piss poor way they transitioned into Alien 3 would've pissed me off so badly.

Hjod

Banned
I'm kinda glad I didn't like Aliens, because the piss poor way they transitioned into Alien 3 would've pissed me off so badly.

Trust me, Alien 3 really pissed me off, they tried to go back to a more Alien like movie, but they should have continued the path from Aliens, go full out, let's say do a Fast and Furious move.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I heard new Twin Peaks was more FWWM and less season 1.
I hope not. I hate the over the top weirdness. I like it when its a little more subdued weirdness

I've never seen Twin Peaks, maybe I should do something about that. Does it hold up?

It absolutely holds up. Watching it for the first time today will be like a revelation of how crazy influential it is.

And power through the latter half of season 2, last episode is necessary to watch.

survivor

Banned
Finished watching Breaking Brad Demon's Souls series and this was just great. Vinny's trolling, Brad losing his mind over the crystal lizards, the constant spells casting fuckups.

Hope the Bloodborne videos can match up in entertainment. Although I wonder if not having played the game might hinder that.

hamchan

Finished watching Breaking Brad Demon's Souls series and this was just great. Vinny's trolling, Brad losing his mind over the crystal lizards, the constant spells casting fuckups.

Hope the Bloodborne videos can match up in entertainment. Although I wonder if not having played the game might hinder that.

No Vinny to troll Brad makes it not as good.

I am in awe of how good new Twin Peaks is. It is Lynch unchained. Episodes 3 and 4 definitely bring back some of that good old Twin Peaks hilarity and charm. It's a fascinating amalgamation of everything he's ever done and it is just glorious. I can definitely see Twin Peaks fans being put off by it but if you are a David Lynch fan, oh boy it's like Christmas.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I am in awe of how good new Twin Peaks is. It is Lynch unchained. Episodes 3 and 4 definitely bring back some of that good old Twin Peaks hilarity and charm. It's a fascinating amalgamation of everything he's ever done and it is just glorious. I can definitely see Twin Peaks fans being put off by it but if you are a David Lynch fan, oh boy it's like Christmas.

Hmm. Was always more a fan of the setting and characters than odd talking backwards people or other weird stuff. Never finished season 2 when it was first run. FWWM I avoided as it looked like more of the odd stuff.

This new series may not be for me. I would feel compelled to at least watch FWWM and some of Season 2 and thats a big time commitment

Hmm. Was always more a fan of the setting and characters than odd talking backwards people or other weird stuff. Never finished season 2 when it was first run. FWWM I avoided as it looked like more of the odd stuff.

This new series may not be for me. I would feel compelled to at least watch FWWM and some of Season 2 and thats a big time commitment

I'd say watch FWWM and if you hate it then the new thing is probably not for you. FWWM is very dark and confusing and this new show is a lot like FWWM. I think Lynch has even said FWWM is very important to the new show.

I mean, this new show has serious Eraserhead vibes in numerous scenes, a movie which Lynch hasn't really channeled tonally or visually since it was made. That's how Lynchian it is.

hamchan

If you add FWWM's Missing Pieces then you have perhaps a more balanced movie with more of the weird funny Twin Peaks rather than the horrific nightmare Twin Peaks. Of course, that makes FWWM a 4 hour endeavor.

Peru

The odd parts of season 2 weren't done by Lynch. He was away.

Ashby

You would like Season 2 then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom