• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking of getting Nier now that I'm done with Persona. Does the PC version have as many issues as people are saying?

This may not exactly answer your question, but if the PC version is more rough than the PS4 verion like people say then I'm scared off the PC version as someone who has hit quite a few game breaking bugs in only 10 hours of playing on PS4.

Seeing this reaction to original Xbox games just makes me want a stream dedicated to oddball games on that system. Gunvalkyrie would be a treat.

daveo42

Banned
Steel "Goddamn" Batallion

Not worth playing without that massive controller attachment. Best part was the start up sequence, which used 75% of the buttons on the controller to begin with. Sucks the X1 version was bad, but that also lacked the controller.

Seeing this reaction to original Xbox games just makes me want a stream dedicated to oddball games on that system. Gunvalkyrie would be a treat.

First person punching adventure:

Breakdowncover.jpg

Hasney

Not worth playing without that massive controller attachment. Best part was the start up sequence, which used 75% of the buttons on the controller to begin with. Sucks the X1 version was bad, but that also lacked the controller.

Oh yeah, I assumed Jeff or someone would have it knocking around. Is it even playable with a normal controller? I bought the full thing and loved it, other than the difficulty of the goddamn game and not being able to play the second one due to lack of broadband.

daveo42

Banned
Break Down?!

Oh yeah, I assumed Jeff or someone would have it knocking around. Is it even playable with a normal controller? I bought the full thing and loved it, other than the difficulty of the goddamn game and not being able to play the second one due to lack of broadband.

I thought the second one could be played with a normal controller, but I was wrong. Only played the first at a friend's house and never got past the 3rd or 4th mission. Game got real hard real fast. Saw the kinect only one at PAXEast 2012 and thought it looked okay...but the motion controls looked janky. Missed out getting any hands-on time with it tho as the wait was 2-3 hours.

I've played PD back in the day but never got far into it because the gameplay never hooked me. It came out at an interesting time though back when JP game developers were making these weird, unique Xbox exclusives like Breakdown, Magatama, Murakumo & Otogi just to name a few.
why was brad sitting during the farpoint ql? was it making him that sick? seems like the best kind of vr game to stand up and move around with

It's because of the setup I'm guessing. It's better to play sitting than standing from where he's at. Plus, I don't think he wants to mess with any calibration stuff as to not introduce any tracking issues.

First person punching adventure:

Breakdowncover.jpg

YES. I was going to post this. This game was way ahead of its time and it probably has the only good first person hand to hand combat. If you experimented enough you could make tons of moves, enough to make a move list. It definitely was a very memorable experience.

iughexame.gif

kjdu3byh.gif

lakstsz8p.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You don't see why context matters? Sure, Jeff and Vinny would look back and probably be like "ugh, those are some dumb jokes we made", but that doesn't mean they were terrible people back when they made those jokes like they would be considered now if they made those same jokes because they were normal jokes that everybody made.

To get back to Yosuke, he's literally the average mid-2000s high school dude. Is it really a problematic portrayal if it's an accurate portrayal? In reality, the odd thing about Persona 4's portrayal of mid-2000s high school kids is that everyone except Yosuke is so tolerant. Yosuke's not inherently this horrible person because he's nervous around someone he thinks is gay or makes gay jokes or thinks cross-dressing is gross. Hell, until Cam'ron made it popular, teen boys during that time were terrified of just wearing pink. Ironically, Cam'ron was also responsible for an extremely common gay joke back then.

It was a problem for me back then because i heavily identified with kanji back then. And the problem is not that yosuke is a dick, it's that the game think that it's fine for him to be a dick as kanji just takes it.

But you're right in a way. Back then i looked past it because i was used to it in a way. C'mon, what's your self-worth worth? Just jokes.

Well when i grew up i got real fucking sick of just "jokes".

And it's even worse because atlus really still think that it's just jokes.

I mean if you want to talk about Jeff and Vinny making gross jokes during the endurance run at least even they acknowledged how fucked up the things yosuke are saying are.

def sim

The new Breaking Brad isn't bad - Ben and Rorie mixed well with him. The conversations somewhat reminded me of his Volgarr run.

Does The Surge have an easy mode? Saw the QL and it looks cool but I don't need/want a Dark Souls-sequel challenge.
No set difficulty and the challenge and enemies get more challenging as you go but as long as you level up, use your implants correctly and adapt, you'll get the hang of it in no time.

But there is no difficulty settings, so up to you if you want to give it a shot.

Suplexer

I know feelings in this thread have been mixed, but I think Ben fits in perfectly with the gang. He has the silliness of Vinny but the demeanor of Jeff. It's sort of uncanny, until you realize he spent a lot of time around them in his developmental years.

Abby seems a bit on the tamer side, which is not a knock against her. Maybe she just hasn't come out of her shell. People calling her "normal" seems pretty fitting, but in a video with a bunch of weirdos she does fall a little flat at times (I certainly say this knowing very well that this may all change once she is more acclimated, the same way it happened with Drew) . She's certainly the right gal for the job regardless of how she is on camera. Charisma is the kind of thing that may come with time (generally speaking). Production and video editing isn't going to be something an uneducated person will ease into without proper training, not at the level they are doing it, at least. Glad they nabbed two young people with bright futures.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I went into a library when I was killing time avoiding work a year ago and found it was full of DVDs up front nad the books were pushed to the back

it was pretty depressing

Just platinumed Horizon Zero Dawn! Yeeeehaw!

No set difficulty and the challenge and enemies get more challenging as you go but as long as you level up, use your implants correctly and adapt, you'll get the hang of it in no time.

But there is no difficulty settings, so up to you if you want to give it a shot.
Hmm I might pass then. Thanks for the response.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Still waiting on a good sale for it, but I'm still interested in playing it. I just need a cooldown period from open world games for now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom