• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meneses

What chapter are they on in BitE? I stopped watching it a few episodes in as I was (and still am) playing the game myself.

They're very close to the end if they mainline it. Might be on the second to last chapter, or thereabouts? Can't remember for sure. They would probably finish the game on the next episode or the one after that, tops.

But if they decide to finish the Real Estate / Cabaret games before advancing, there's like 5 9823209321 more episodes.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm not saying they shouldn't finish 0 but after that they really should take a long, long, long, indefinite break. It's not their fault. I'd rather watch them play a different game and not the same game again with a different story.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kiryu is older than a milennial thogh

Hmm, I'm thinking about it more in terms of console generations.

Atari-snes = baby boomers
N64-ps1 = gen x
Ps2-Ps3 = gen y (milliniels)
Ps4 = gen z

So seeing that yakuza started on the ps2 it's officially a millenial game.

Hasney

I'm not saying they shouldn't finish 0 but after that they really should take a long, long, long, indefinite break. It's not their fault. I'd rather watch them play a different game and not the same game again with a different story.

There's no better extended break than Shenmue 2 baby.

Nice to hear my opinion echoed on the Bombcast regarding E3.

Everything is too safe. Too similar. Not enough new IPs. Not enough focus on exclusives. Not enough competition driving each company to be truly the best.

The industry needs a shake-up.

(Lots of good games were shown and I'm excited for a lot - but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a lot better like it used to be)

oti

Banned

Everything is too safe. Too similar. Not enough new IPs. Not enough focus on exclusives. Not enough competition driving each company to be truly the best.

(Lots of good games were shown and I'm excited for a lot - but that doesn't mean it couldn't be a lot better like it used to be)

Here's something many people haven't realised yet: There will be even less new IPs from now on. Those huge service games? They want you to play them for years, not just weeks. The natural consequence are less games.

I want more Yakuza from them, though it does make me wish they did two episodes of Yakuza 0 per week, finished it a month ago, and had this be a three month break before Kiwami.

derFeef

Here's something many people haven't realised yet: There will be even less new IPs from now on. Those huge service games? They want you to play them for years, not just weeks. The natural consequence are less games.

You both only speaking of AAA games surely. There is no shortage of smaller, more diverse games.

I feel even indie games are in a bit of a lull lately.

But yes, mostly AAA. I miss the days of consoles having 8-10 amazing new games every year.

oti

Banned
You both only speaking of AAA games surely. There is no shortage of smaller, more diverse games.

Well, there are only indie and AAA games left. AA games are mostly dead.

Look at EA. All they do nowadays are AAA service games and their EA Originals label for indie games, so they can tell everyone how creative they are. That's where I think we're heading. A few VERY big franchises, some "Triple I" indies and regular indies.

bomma_man

But yes, mostly AAA. I miss the days of consoles having 8-10 amazing new games every year.

I have only played Zelda, but

Persona
Zelda
Yakuza
Nier
Mario Kart

Possibly:

Splatoon
Mario
Wolfenstein
Destiny
Uncharted
Rabbids
Xenoblade
Yakuza 6

??

faridmon

We already have at least 5 amazing game for each console and more to come later this year.

Some people need to take off the Nostalgic Goggles, maybe 98 and 01 had stronger games, but this year is set to be the best one yet

Hasney

I have only played Zelda, but

Persona
Zelda
Yakuza
Nier
Mario Kart

Possibly:

Splatoon
Mario
Wolfenstein
Destiny
Uncharted
Rabbids
Xenoblade
Yakuza 6

??

Yeah, this is easily one of the strongest years I can remember. Horizon, Gravity Rush 2, Yakuza 0 and Kiwami, Fire Pro
fuck you it's the best
. It's madness on my wallet.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Indie games are getting bigger and bigger too.
Stuff like PUBG is easily comparable to "AA" games and probably more popular than those ever where. Games like The Witness, Yooka-Laylee, SOMA, Battletech, Torment or Vampyr could easily count as "AA" games in my opinion. That's not a mark of quality or anything, but one shouldn't just discount those games while raving about stuff like Psi Ops or Timesplitters.

With The Witcher 3's planned update for the PS4 Pro and Xbone X, will it qualify as a GOTY contender?

I think so. We should start a petition.

With The Witcher 3's planned update for the PS4 Pro and Xbone X, will it qualify as a GOTY contender?

I think so. We should start a petition.
image.php

Harpuia

I was wondering about GB's media presence awhile ago and actually they should let Ben/Abby fill that niche in and give them full reign over their accounts. I think they actually did use their official Twitter accounts a bit during e3. They should do it more.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So apparently it's a game that's been released already so that's an enchanced edition? All these fucking remasters this gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom