• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

From the E3 Shirts video comments

Posted By ybbaaabby - 14 hours ago
@billymaysrip said:
I also love that the one shot that Dan had to take - of Abby and Ben posing with buttons
- is terribly out of focus and the buttons are unreadable :D

He went to FILM SCHOOL and therefore it was an artistic choice.

Are they afraid to call Whitta out on his nonsense or something? There are plenty of reasons to choose PS4 over Xbox and that's been proven over the past 4 years. Even just from this year Jeff loved Horizon and Alex loves Nier and Yakuza but all they could say is friends lists? I hate it when they don't speak their mind just because a guest is saying the opposite.

Is that part of your fetish?

Mine's genderswapping the crew. I've been working real hard on this Abby photoshop complete with Daaaaaaaab shirt:

JQq9rdB.png

derFeef

Are they afraid to call Whitta out on his nonsense or something? There are plenty of reasons to choose PS4 over Xbox and that's been proven over the past 4 years. Even just from this year Jeff loved Horizon and Alex loves Nier and Yakuza but all they could say is friends lists? I hate it when they don't speak their mind just because a guest is saying the opposite.

But is it your mind, or really their mind?

daveo42

Banned
Honestly I would have said "if you want to play japanese games, get a PS4. If not, there is no difference between an Xbox or PS4".

At this point that is one of the two major differences between the consoles. The other being quality 1st party support from studios like ND and Guerrilla. If MS had more 1st party games worth playing, I'd put the consoles closer together. Maybe Sea of Thieves and Crackdown will close that gap, but the lack of Japanese titles will continue to be a sticking point for many gamers.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
At this point that is one of the two major differences between the consoles. The other being quality 1st party support from studios like ND and Guerrilla. If MS had more 1st party games worth playing, I'd put the consoles closer together. Maybe Sea of Thieves and Crackdown will close that gap, but the lack of Japanese titles will continue to be a sticking point for many gamers.

Aren't 343 knocking halo out of the park?

Curufinwe

The last Bombcast would have been a good opportunity to expand Gary's knowledge, but they did the old Tested trick of not rocking the boat and just agreeing with him when he was talking uninformed rubbish.

I think you're projecting, to me it felt like they totally agreed in the moment.

It's disappointing they didn't mention the great & unique titles that have come out this year, but *shrug*.

Curufinwe

About what, specifically?

Xbox and PS4 being basically the same. There's been at least one PS4 exclusive in the NPD top 10 every month of this year so far. If the argument is that the American market doesn't distinguish between PS4 and Xbox because of exclusives like Horizon, MLB, Nier, Persona, etc then it's wrong. If the argument is Giant bomb doesn't invest considerably more time in the PS4 than the Xbox due to console exclusives like Yakuza, Horizon, Nier, Persona, etc. then it's also wrong.

Seventy70

Xbox and PS4 being basically the same. There's been at least one PS4 exclusive in the NPD top 10 every month of this year so far.

I'm pretty sure they just don't want a mob of fanboys coming after them. Also, in their line of work with how much games they play, I'm sure the lines between all the consoles get sort of blurred.
LOL

The past few Halo games haven't done much at all to advance the core of Halo. There is a very vocal minority that will shill every release despite that.

LiK

I'm glad Halo 6 will return to focusing on MC only. Locke was a stupid character and the marketing for the story was misleading as hell.

Hindl

It's a mixed bag in terms of actual quality, but just look at Halo's status in the industry when Halo 5 came out vs when Halo 3 came out. It's gone way down in public perception and Halo 5 was one of the lowest selling Halos

daveo42

Banned
Here I thought people didn't like the campaign in either Halo 4 or 5 due to the route 343 took with the series. I haven't touched Halo since 2 and that was because I never got a 360 or an X1.

As for Whitta's comments and GB's rebuttal (or lack thereof), most consumers go where either the best deal is or where their friends, family, and co-workers play. Sony's had the more power console at the cheaper value and that matters more than Sony having more Japanese titles or some really good exclusive 1st and 3rd party titles. It totally matters to us on GAF, but because we are part of their base, core consumer, not the wider audience that still looks forward maybe 2-3 releases a year at most and they all being CoD or sports titles.

Idk, I wouldn't lose sleep over Gary saying they are essentially the same when most consumers probably look at the X1 and PS4 the same way.

Alienfan

For some, Halo, Forza and Gears make the Xbox one the obvious choice. For others Sony's first party games speak to them more. But for most gamers, third party games are the only thing that matter and so friends list becomes the obvious decider

Alienfan

Well, there are only indie and AAA games left. AA games are mostly dead.

Look at EA. All they do nowadays are AAA service games and their EA Originals label for indie games, so they can tell everyone how creative they are. That's where I think we're heading. A few VERY big franchises, some "Triple I" indies and regular indies.

Indie is the new AA. The production values in some recent indie games are right up there

Here I thought people didn't like the campaign in either Halo 4 or 5 due to the route 343 took with the series.

Back when I played it, I honestly thought the Halo 4 campaign was the best of the series so far. I have not played it since, so who knows if my opinion would remain the same.

Idk, I wouldn't lose sleep over Gary saying they are essentially the same when most consumers probably look at the X1 and PS4 the same way.

Me neither. It's just weird that everyone nodded in agreement, when they all know how patently false a statement it was.

kiguel182

If you don't like those Japanese games they are similar. Not everyone likes the same. Give or take your experience won't be that different with either console.

Here I thought people didn't like the campaign in either Halo 4 or 5 due to the route 343 took with the series. I haven't touched Halo since 2 and that was because I never got a 360 or an X1.
Very mixed feelings across people on 4, but it did well enough critically.

Personally - it's mediocre at best. 5 is maybe mildly better, but makes its own set of mistakes.
SOMEONE, LIGHT THE DAVE SNIDER SYMBOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5-ianWLZik
Oh yeah, that game.
Shame it's headed by a Gamergater. I vaguely remember he compared Sarkeesian to a Nazi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom