• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
u0ee44c.gif

TraBuch

Banned
2017 YTD:

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon: Wildlands
For Honor
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
Horizon Zero Dawn
Grand Theft Auto V
Mass Effect: Andromeda
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard
NBA 2K17
Injustice 2
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare

Hindl

Witta does have a point for the populace at large. People point at Persona, Nier, and Yakuza as proof that the PS4 and XB1 are not the same. But those games are barely breaking 1 million units sold. So for your average consumer those games may as well not exist. When you take those out and focus only on the titles your average consumer would buy, there really isn't a difference between the PS4 and XB1. You can say it's dumb to exclude those games and you're right, but if one of my friends asked me for a console I'd say go where your friends are, because none of them are going to be interested in Yakuza, Nier, or Persona

Witta does have a point for the populace at large. People point at Persona, Nier, and Yakuza as proof that the PS4 and XB1 are not the same. But those games are barely breaking 1 million units sold. So for your average consumer those games may as well not exist. When you take those out and focus only on the titles your average consumer would buy, there really isn't a difference between the PS4 and XB1. You can say it's dumb to exclude those games and you're right, but if one of my friends asked me for a console I'd say go where your friends are, because none of them are going to be interested in Yakuza, Nier, or Persona

Agreed, what consoles their friends have is going to influence their decision far more than exclusives, for the average gamer.

I hope they keep playing through the Yakuza games, enjoy BitE a lot. I do like the idea that each game they switch who is playing though. Yakuza is way better at what Shenmue tried to be (Based on the ER at least, that is my only Shenmue experience).

pizzacat

Banned
Gary: Hey just pick any console you want it's practically the same right
JEFF STANDS UP AND TAKES HIS BELT OFF, WHIPS IT ON GARYS FACE AND LEAVES A MARK

Jeff: YOULL LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LORD SONY AND MICROSOFT TODAY BOY

oti

Banned
When it comes to the nature of the consoles he's right. Both fight over the same spot in your living room while Switch is a hybrid and hence different.

LiK

Apparently I was 2 Beastcast eps behind, lmao. Was reminded when Jeff mentioned he was on Beastcast last week. E3 shows fucked up my podcast schedule.

patapuf

"go where your friends are" is almost always the correct recommandation but it's also rarely one you need to give. Most people do that anyway.

The big advantage the PS4 had this gen is that it was cheaper, more powerful and had a bigger library due to the japan stuff and the "natural" exclusives you get just due to being the biggest platform around. That's why despite the huge similarities the PS4 was the default console to recommend.

Btw. With the scorpio, they can't really change any of that. It make some gains in the premium segment, but that's about it. They'll need to make other moves to gain back some market share.

Gary: Hey just pick any console you want it's practically the same right
JEFF STANDS UP AND TAKES HIS BELT OFF, WHIPS IT ON GARYS FACE AND LEAVES A MARK

Jeff: YOULL LEARN THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN LORD SONY AND MICROSOFT TODAY BOY

lmao why would Jeff whip it on Brad's face?

edit: lol

What the heck is happening on Neogaf today!?! I step into the STEAMGAF thread and it is Anime city over there and now I step into this thread and things are just as crazy. I don't know where to go, I'm Scared :(

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I can't tell if this is currently better than the steam thread.

Every time I look into the Steam thread I think "Is this how normal people feel when they walk into the GB thread?"
But thankfully this thread is mostly anime free, so we're much better

imBask

Banned
who posts in the Steam thread tho? i've never been there... like GB is a website about personalities so it's normal to have a community around it

Steam is just a brand, it's a store, who's in a community built around a storefront?

inb4 Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom