• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yakuza and Uncharted have extraordinarily different tones.

Do they?

BLVej1N.jpg

Do they really?

Two thoughts about the Friday the 13th QL:

1. Jason, Alex, and Ben are a good QL combo (that we may never get again). I think Ben is a really good new hire.
2. The game looks awesome, and terrible at the same time. I'll probably never play it.

Do they?

Do they really?
Um my point was actually that Yakuza deals in farce and surrealism WAY more than Uncharted does which makes its over-the-top gameplay less dissonant than it is in Uncharted, which does have humor but mostly wants to convince you that it's a thrilling Hollywood blockbuster.

1. Jason, Alex, and Ben are a good QL combo (that we may never get again). I think Ben is a really good new hire.
2. The game looks awesome, and terrible at the same time. I'll probably never play it.

It's a ton of fun but there are too many bugs. Now it would be ok to me if it was just that but the game doesn't even have host migration nor are the servers stable at the moment so it's very hard to recommend. They'll probably fix most of the problems by the end of this year or early next year.

oti

Banned

Does this Mixer PIP mode already work? Sounds like it would be really cool with a game like this.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's a ton of fun but there are too many bugs. Now it would be ok to me if it was just that but the game doesn't even have host migration nor are the servers stable at the moment so it's very hard to recommend. They'll probably fix most of the problems by the end of this year or early next year.

Why isn't this Early Access?
I can see this game being fun but if it stays broken for so long, I doubt that there will be many people left to play it with

Oh my God watching Jon Blow play Zelda, even for the first 15 minutes, is insufferable. I'd love to watch the geniuses who made Zelda pick apart his (also very good) game the way he's doing, just looking for tiny little shit to nitpick for no good reason.

I'm surprised to find out that this is his personality when he's reacting to other games.

Why isn't this Early Access?
I can see this game being fun but if it stays broken for so long, I doubt that there will be many people left to play it with

They should've delayed it honestly. I haven't been able to play a single quick match on X1, only private matches with friends. It's really fun, I want them to continue to work on it because they got something unique and fresh within the MP market and it pays respect to the films in a way most licensed games don't.

I don't play alot of multiplayer games. No game this generation so far has hooked me like Quake, Counter Strike, Halo 2, TF2, COD4 & Gears of War. The only game that came close was Rainbow Six: Siege and if it weren't for the abundance of great games we've been getting, I would've played more. The developers are also still supporting the game which is fucking great.

Oh my God watching Jon Blow play Zelda, even for the first 15 minutes, is insufferable. I'd love to watch the geniuses who made Zelda pick apart his (also very good) game the way he's doing, just looking for tiny little shit to nitpick for no good reason.

I'm surprised to find out that this is his personality when he's reacting to other games.

It's not that surprising if you've heard him speak about AAA games before, but just how incredibly insufferable and whiny he was being was kind of crazy. He was going out of his way to basically play the game wrong and find things to bitch about. It felt like he was playing it just so he could say "I played it and it's bad and here's why" probably while leaving out the part that he didn't even get out of the tutorial area.

Seriously I skipped ahead to him doing a shrine and he seems like a whiny jackass, like the one obnoxious kid at school no one ever wants to be around.

Screw this guy. Honestly makes me want to avoid games he makes in the future.

Oh man. Where's this happening??

daveo42

Banned
Danny's second FFXIV doc is up. Watching the progression makes me wish I had stuck around for the first year as opposed to straight dropping it after just a few short weeks. Being there for the approach of Dalamud and the eventual destruction of 1.0 would have been awesome. I'm glad they did do the work they did on the original game to make ARR a reality.

Tunoku

I think that was a direct response to a retailer's "Buy 3 Pay 2" promotion back then. This really isn't typical Nintendo behaviour on Amazon.

I welcome it. Splatoon 1 was 45€ when it came out on Wii U too. I think that's a great price for games that build up their content over time like that.

Totally. I personally I don't regret spending 60€ on ARMS, but it should have been 40 or 50. At least they seem to be updating the game already. Let's hope they'll continue with the support until next year.

Lol did they just stare at a Yakuza skill that has heat level three highlighted circle and literally says on level 3 heat in the description and said "oh so you don't need heat for this"?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I want to make the Blow of the Wild thread, but I'm not sure what to say in the OP and title.

What, what?

That's their formal name after they get married.
Isn't it Mr. and Mrs. Ryckert? The "Dan" sounded weird to me, too.

kiguel182

If this was 2016, people would be screaming "LOL LUDONARRATIVE DISSONANCE!"

I mean, the reason it's not is because Yakuza has a weird as tone. The contrast between the super serious story and the dumb stuff you do outside of it is on purpose and the ridiculous aspects are totally self aware.

The ultra violence aspect of it combined with the "no killing" story could be ludonarratige dissonance if the game wasn't totally aware of it and played with it.

It's a ridiculous game but the devs know exactly what they are doing and that's why it works.

kiguel182

Seriously I skipped ahead to him doing a shrine and he seems like a whiny jackass, like the one obnoxious kid at school no one ever wants to be around.

Screw this guy. Honestly makes me want to avoid games he makes in the future.

Yeah, avoid the work of one of the best game designers around because he loves to nitpick. Makes sense...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom