• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seventy70

The whole Classic SNES makes me wonder how cool it would be if they just stuck an eShop on that thing and let indie developers make their own modern SNES games. I know Nintendo has no reason to do it, but it would be so amazing. It's not entirely the same thing, but it could be sort of like how in film they say "This movie was shot on 35mm". The SNES is obviously a very important console in gaming history. It would be really cool if that could be some kind of benchmark for people to compare their games on. In other fields it's common for some people to continue to do things the old way out of tradition. It should be the same way in gaming.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The whole Classic SNES makes me wonder how cool it would be if they just stuck an eShop on that thing and let indie developers make their own modern SNES games. I know Nintendo has no reason to do it, but it would be so amazing. It's not entirely the same thing, but it could be sort of like how in film they say "This movie was shot on 35mm". The SNES is obviously a very important console in gaming history. It would be really cool if that could be some kind of benchmark for people to compare their games on.

Would anyone actually hook it up long term?

Also isn't the emulation software based? I can probably see the appeal if you can machine code on actual SNES hardware but otherwise ehhhhhhh. Just make another retro game for that hot new console, the nintendo switch.

The eshop layout on the switch is fucking atrocious though, holy shit.

LiK

Nintendo's handling of VC is the worst. Hopefully they finally learn to release more games at once on eShop with the Switch.

Seventy70

Would anyone actually hook it up long term?

Also isn't the emulation software based? I can probably see the appeal if you can machine code on actual SNES hardware but otherwise ehhhhhhh. Just make another retro game for that hot new console, the nintendo switch.

The eshop layout on the switch is fucking atrocious though, holy shit.

Yeah, I guess it would lose some of its appeal if it was just software emulation. It would mostly be a novelty and a baseline. They could do limited physical carts as well. I just think it would be really fascinating to see what people could squeeze out of the thing these days. I want to see modern design philosophy applied to an old school console.

It's never going to happen, but it's an interesting idea.

Gonna be trying my first VR tomorrow as I just bought a Gear VR :p

Anyone have any experience with it?

I also saw you can get PC games working on it by streaming to your phone, which would be amazing if I can get it to work.

daveo42

Banned
I kind of wish games weren't always so engrossing. I seem to lose sleep during the week staying up late cause I can't put some games down.

any time stamps for NieR talk? I haven't played the game and I fear that discussion.

Having not played the game, I wouldn't really say anything touched on was really that spoilery.

LiK

WTF, got to the point in Bombcast where they talk about GTAV mod issue and they didn't know that Rockstar told Take-Two to back off going after modders. I was expecting them to mention that and they didn't.

I can't remember. It was on the top of a plane?

Yup, hardest boss in the game, imo.

Dineren

Banned
Gonna be trying my first VR tomorrow as I just bought a Gear VR :p

Anyone have any experience with it?

I also saw you can get PC games working on it by streaming to your phone, which would be amazing if I can get it to work.

I had all sorts of issues with mine using a Galaxy S7 Edge. Performance seemed pretty bad and it was very buggy. It has been awhile since I tried it though and the software is constantly updating on my phone so maybe it has improved (or there was some other problem causing my issues).

Jeff you aren't hearing as much Dota talk because Brad isn't bringing it up every podcast.

Like I don't give a shit about DOTA but sometimes GB needs to be real careful of confusing their small circle's opinion with the opinion of the majority of the community.

Megasoum

Banned
So I've watched both GLOW the show and GLOW the documentary over the last week. Both were great.

Those were pretty much my first exposure to anything wrestling related... Now I'm almost tempted to watch actual wrestling?

So I've watched both GLOW the show and GLOW the documentary over the last week. Both were great.

Those were pretty much my first expository anything wrestling related... Now I'm almost tempted to watch actual wrestling?

tenor.gif

Those were pretty much my first exposure to anything wrestling related... Now I'm almost tempted to watch actual wrestling?

Do it. Before you know it you'll hate yourself in ways you didn't know were possible.
I've been a wrestling fan for over 25 years

daveo42

Banned
You are at the most straight up heartbreaking part if it's any consolation.

Well, I assume the last section of the game is resolving all the ongoing threads, but I still have a whole section in Door 7 to finish up now that (Fata Morgana late game)
Michel has just arrived at the mansion, but has yet to meet the Morgana herself.
I'm totally buying and playing that PS4 Ratchet and Clank game after this just to cleanse my palate of sadness.

Joeku

For sure. I always felt it was a sort of course correction by Lynch. "Hey, this is a fucked up dark-ass story about Laura."

It also had one of the best tracks in any film, The Pink Room.

Yeah, Sheryl Lee carries that shit. I thought she was good in the series but she was nutso good in the movie.

Welp, time to jump 25 years into the future.

Yeah, Sheryl Lee carries that shit. I thought she was good in the series but she was nutso good in the movie.

I'm excited for you! I'm curious to hear impressions from someone who hasn't necessarily been anticipating the return of Twin Peaks for like 2 decades.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, I assume the last section of the game is resolving all the ongoing threads, but I still have a whole section in Door 7 to finish up now that (Fata Morgana late game)
Michel has just arrived at the mansion, but has yet to meet the Morgana herself.
I'm totally buying and playing that PS4 Ratchet and Clank game after this just to cleanse my palate of sadness.

Oh I meant just throughout that whole door., not the specific part you're at.

Ashby

Watch the Missing Pieces first! There's stuff that's been followed up on/referenced from the Missing Pieces in The Return.

Just watch the Miz / Ball segment from RAW this week and call it a day. That should stop you thinking about watching wrestling again.

I managed to watch the latest Murder Island yesterday despite not being a premium member and now it's member locked. Guess it was just a one off mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom