• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Yes she is. And yea, I agree that for the most part (Basically those DLC outfits), it's very tame and innocent how she's treated in the sequel. Just focused on friendship and shit.

I wonder if it's one of those situations where they make a character so great, and then it's like "Fuck, not enough time to make everyone else great."
Yeah but it's more than just Makoto being well-written and having a good arc. And more than her having the best persona. Her, Joker, and Morgana are like the only members of the party that actually matter to the story outside of each character's respective dungeon. It's always those three making the plans and solving things, and the rest just add commentary. The rest of the cast may as well not even be there with how much they matter to the overall plot (minus a few token cutscenes for Ryuuji and Ann). It's really strange considering how comparatively well-balanced the P4 cast is
Why is Piston Hyundai staring at 2Bs booty?
He wants 2B to sit on his face. Picture seems pretty clear to me

daveo42

Banned
Have you played Tales of the Abyss

No one should play Tales of the Abyss, but Jade does fit Whippy's criteria. He's also an asshole. For reference:

tumblr_inline_mprmnqkFqM1qz4rgp.gif

Harpuia

Yeah but it's more than just Makoto being well-written and having a good arc. And more than her having the best persona. Her, Joker, and Morgana are like the only members of the party that actually matter to the story

Them + Futaba. She's also fairly important. Then the persona team forgot to have the rest of the crew do important things for the rest of the game.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
To be fair in Persona 4 most of the crew are dumbasses too who just followed whatever you did.

When yosuke is considered to be the brains of the party you know that you're in trouble.

Joeku

Best new character is Pod 042 from Nier. That dude GETS me. Yeah, Pod, life IS pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.

All waifu shit aside, Makoto is fucking clearly the best member of the main cast. If they'd been a little more straightforward with Futaba having genuine social issues instead of just being a memelord there'd be competition, but they didn't so there isn't.

Also Papa Nier is ugly as fuck. Nier Automata's designs are such a step up it isn't even funny.

I'm too lazy to quote everyone.

It's 900p on regular PS4, if that bothers you.

I love Automata's story, but 2B's opening narration about killing god is the absolute worst.

Conversely, I really liked the small touches that only had meaning for people who enjoyed the first game. Specifically,
the way Devola and Popola are posed outside the tower and the field of Lunar Tears had a huge impact on me. Even the titles of tracks like "Song of the Ancients (Atonement)" and "Emil (Despair)" seemed directed right at me, fan of the first game.
Basically, I felt appreciated for having an emotional investment in this weird, weird thing nobody else liked, but it didn't feel like transparent pandering either.

It's very difficult to find discussion of the game from that perspective. It's either people shocked the game is so good or superfans up their own ass about stage plays to the point where the game barely gets mentioned.

LotusHD

Banned
I'm too lazy to quote everyone.

It's 900p on regular PS4, if that bothers you.

I love Automata's story, but 2B's opening narration about killing god is the absolute worst.

After beating the game, it becomes great imo

Conversely, I really liked the small touches that only had meaning for people who enjoyed the first game. Specifically,
the way Devola and Popola are posed outside the tower and the field of Lunar Tears had a huge impact on me. Even the titles of tracks like "Song of the Ancients (Atonement)" and "Emil (Despair)" seemed directed right at me, fan of the first game.
Basically, I felt appreciated for having an emotional investment in this weird, weird thing nobody else liked, but it didn't feel like transparent pandering either.

Agreed.

gonna jump back into planet coaster, put like 50hrs last year into it and just kinda stopped playing for some reason
and i keep getting the emails saying they added stuff

Former GB duder Drew Scanlon has hit 300k views on his Nuclear Silo video

very cool and happy for him

maybe he'll get on tv with bear gryllis

leaving gb was really the best move for him, sadly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom