• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
I haven't watched any of BitE. Are they actually recording 2 hours a week or are they doing that thing where they played 8 hours all in one day and then have all of their episodes for a month?
If they did it that way, I don't think Dan would forget everything and be so terrible at the game every episode.

I think chapter 2 of Uncharted 3 is actually where I dropped out of the series. I enjoyed what I played, gunplay aside, id just kind of had enough by that point. The stories are fun - just not fun enough to be worth slugging through the games.

Uncharted 2 is the best one pacing and setpiece wise but in my heart UC4 is my favorite one. Many of the themes within that game resonated and I loved all the quiet moments between the balls out action, the way it wraps up as well is also fantastic. MGS5 wishes its jeep sequence was like UC4's.

Whenever I think about the series in general I guess I have more feelings towards 4 than any of the other ones. Just hearing the theme makes me feel things, it sounds heavy and has a nice "finality" feeling to it. The funny thing about all this is that you'd think UC4 would be in my GOTY list of 2016 but it isn't because I really felt like other games deserved it more even though UC4 is such a high quality product on all fronts. The series in my opinion just needs to stop at this point, it had its time. I'm going to play the new one obviously but it would be better if they stopped making UC games all together.
Crash Bandicoot 1 is probably a better game than 2 and that's going to fuck with my thread a whole lot

I'm playing through it and it's kind of a chore, I can't wait to get to two because it has better levels in my opinion. CB 1 hasn't aged well BUT the entire remake trilogy is extremely well done overall. I haven't felt like a kid in a long while and this is hitting pretty much all the right spots. Vicarious Visions did an amazing job and should be commended.

Phatmac

I'm currently playing through Yakuza 0 in order to not be spoiled by BitE and man is the club mini game great. I just want my own seperate club management game with Majima now!

Salarians

UC2 is probably the "best" of the series but portions of UC4 are some of my favorite things Naughty Dog has ever done. The Nate/Elena relationship is so good, feels so well realized. Best combat in the series too. Incredible send off for the franchise, or at least those characters. I might be down for a "full" game starring Chloe, especially if they brought back the criminally forgotten Cutter.

Jintor

iiiiiiii might be done with crazy taxi gazillionaire for now, i think i've had enough of numbers going up

call me when they make an actual crazy taxi that is this woke

Anyone have some hot takes on Dragon Quest Builders? I'm headed to my parents for the break and want a PS4 game I can dig into for a couple days.

Crash Bandicoot 1 is probably a better game than 2 and that's going to fuck with my thread a whole lot

I have a hard time believing you, but they did seem to fix two of the three major issues with the new release. Won't know until Tuesday (thanks Canadian holiday)

UC2 is probably the "best" of the series but portions of UC4 are some of my favorite things Naughty Dog has ever done. The Nate/Elena relationship is so good, feels so well realized. Best combat in the series too. Incredible send off for the franchise, or at least those characters. I might be down for a "full" game starring Chloe, especially if they brought back the criminally forgotten Cutter.

The way I think about it is Uncharted 4 is the best overall, but Uncharted 2 did way more for 2009 than Uncharted 4 did for 2016.

I'm playing through it and it's kind of a chore, I can't wait to get to two because it has better levels in my opinion. CB 1 hasn't aged well BUT the entire remake trilogy is extremely well done overall. I haven't felt like a kid in a long while and this is hitting pretty much all the right spots. Vicarious Visions did an amazing job and should be commended.

I dunno, Crash 1 has like two non-platforming levels total, and is much more challenging. It's a way more "pure" game than Crash 2. The only thing that really held it back was the checkpoint system, which they fixed in the trilogy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hey, on the bright side it gives you an excuse to upgrade!

Remember to take advantage of warranties though. I had one of my monitors cork out 3 years in, used the warranty to get it fixed and it's going strong for like 7 years now.

Never liked Uncharted 3.

The combat was a unbalanced mess where they would spam heavy armor / heavy weapon guys at you and the story was going places, then at the start of the last 3rd they decided to just pretend the last 10 hours never happened and they do the most generic ending they could have. Story wise U4 felt like the story 3 should have been.

Also I like the combat a lot in Uncharted 4 but there was so little of it. It really isnt until the second half of the game where it really starts exploiting the open areas and swinging around.

I dunno, Crash 1 has like two non-platforming levels total, and is much more challenging. It's a way more "pure" game than Crash 2. The only thing that really held it back was the checkpoint system, which they fixed in the trilogy.

In terms of "pureness" I could see where you're coming from. I'm still having fun though, adore this collection.

LiK

anyone here actually been able to watch everything that's come out. i just checked my Premium archives and i'm way behind on so many videos. lol

#TOOMUCHCONTENT

Anyone have some hot takes on Dragon Quest Builders? I'm headed to my parents for the break and want a PS4 game I can dig into for a couple days.

Good idea poorly executed. Forcing you to abandon your town every chapter was a really dumb decision and makes it super easy to bounce off the game at those natural endpoints. It doesn't help that the second area is fucking terrible compared to the first.

anyone here actually been able to watch everything that's come out. i just checked my Premium archives and i'm way behind on so many videos. lol

#TOOMUCHCONTENT

Yup. Only VRodeo left for me and 1 Beastcast to listen to. I feel like if you missed a few days of content then it'll be very tough to catch up unless you have a fuck ton of free time.

Jintor

Hey, on the bright side it gives you an excuse to upgrade!

Remember to take advantage of warranties though. I had one of my monitors cork out 3 years in, used the warranty to get it fixed and it's going strong for like 7 years now.

Okay I gotta dig though a drawer

Kimaka

#TOOMUCHCONTENT

I'm very behind since I've been playing video games more lately. BiTE is the only thing I'm caught up with. I still have some videos that came out around E3 to watch.

Dipper145

Just listening to beastcasts friday episode right now, wondering how Dan and his Dad handled the amount they should have tipped on their $1500 bar bill / the other things that were included in his wedding package.

#TOOMUCHCONTENT

I've been so far behind because I had a hellish week of work. At least listened to Beastcast to stay consistent.

Missed so far

Friday the 13th Stream
VRodeo
Some QL I think
GBE Drunk Date
UPF
Whatever happened today

FFFFFUUUUCCCCKKKK.

TraBuch

Banned
I just resubbed after a month off so I guess I have a lot to catch up on. Maybe everything except for UPF. Unless there were any memorable UPF segments in the last month?

it seems to be doing okay
its kinda gone on twitch, though
Jv6cNV4h.png

Antiwhippy

I don't hate PUBG content, I just kinda feel that it's a bit frequent...?

Like at least hitman was a once a month/2 months kinda deal.

Antiwhippy

Also I don't get where the people who say "I just can't rage at PUBG" are coming from.

There were definitely some rageable moments even in my first session.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom