• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at it this way

The club marks up a $20 bottle of Jacks for 3000% profit

Nintendo marks up what costs them a collective $5 of plastic and wires to make an 1600% profit.

Theyre both in the business of ripping off customers. Just because the SNES mini has 20 games that were made 25 years ago doesnt mean they hold an intrinsic monetary value since its just copied data.

oti

Banned
Look at it this way

The club marks up a $20 bottle of Jacks for 3000% profit

Nintendo marks up what costs them a collective $5 of plastic and wires to make an 1600% profit.

Theyre both in the business of ripping off customers. Just because the SNES mini has 20 games that were made 25 years ago doesnt mean they hold an intrinsic monetary value since its just copied data.

Well now you're questioning the entire video game industry.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
And every software and every patent ever.

Don't let this comrade seize the means of production!

Why pay for Giant Bomb premium?

Those exclusive videos they post every week? "It's just copied data."

Calling it "copied data" completely ignores the work that was put into the thing initially, before it was copied. It's fucking ridiculous.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
it's "seize"

or so I'm told
You're right, you passed the test and get your badge!

marx_engels_lenin_button-r4403ab55e4c24af184b31a580ae33bee_x7j3i_8byvr_324.jpg

Why pay for Giant Bomb premium?

Those exclusive videos they post every week? "It's just copied data."

Calling it "copied data" completely ignores the work that was put into the thing initially, before it was copied. It's fucking ridiculous.

Because GB is a current running production. I pay for the content that is to come from my patronage, not for the old content.

Its like if I were to repackage 60 year old movies and sell this dvd(with a metal tin and fancy art!) for $80. No matter the work put into it initially, its not really worth the same as it was then.

Same with the games. That work that was put in them has already been paid its worth. Nintendo knows it can make suckers out of fans and have them pay to buy Super Mario World or Donkey Kong for the 6th time. Except this time it takes the shape of a SNES.

My brain always registered Crash Bandicoot at slightly higher than, like, Croc or Gex. But below Sonic.

Crash is definitely Tak-tier.

Because GB is a current running production.

Its like if I were to repackage 60 year old movies and sell this dvd(with a metal tin and fancy art!) for $80. No matter the work put into it initially, its not really worth the same as it was then.

But that pretty much happens!

SNES mini is expensive, but I mean some original SNES carts cost that much alone today, and some even more. I don't really think that's comparable to selling a $20 bottle of whiskey for $600.

oti

Banned
Crash was always better than sonic. Sonic was like a child actor who flamed out. Once the 16 bit era ended he sunk to like Aero the Acrobat tier.

Sonic is only a thing because edgy kids in the 90s thought they were too cool for Mario and now because of Tumblr.

Meguro

Banned
The reason Crash is still fondly remembered, unlike Sonic, is no one cared enough to keep making (bad) Crash games while Sonic games just kept coming out and they kept being terrible.
They both are bad series.

The reason Crash is still fondly remembered, unlike Sonic, is no one cared enough to keep making (bad) Crash games while Sonic games just kept coming out and they kept being terrible.
They both are bad series.
There are plenty of bad Crash games. Vivendi kept pumping them out after Naughty Dog stopped making them.

Harpuia

ty the tasmanian tiger is better than crash

I have fond memories of that game. A kid that was slightly younger than me came to my house every now and then and he brought the 2nd game in that series. Those were neat. This also occupies the same brain space as Billy Hatcher.

Out of curiosity I got the 1st Ty game and THAT was a shitfest. It committed the Greatest Video Game Sin in my eyes which is having an atrocious camera. They somehow figured out their footing with the 2nd game and jumped off into the aether.

The thing about Crash is there is a very obvious cut off between good and bad. (once Sony / Naughty Dog left it). It has left the good games good in peoples memories.

Sonic on the other hand is a slow slope with random spikes to extra terrible or kinda good. And its why the "was Sonic ever good?" argument exists.

Meguro

Banned
There are plenty of bad Crash games. Vivendi kept pumping them out after Naughty Dog stopped making them.

Yeah but the last real Crash game was in 07. That's 10 years. Go look at when the last real Sonic game came out and how many of them came out between 07 and now.
There's enough distance that people can just remember the good ones and sweep the bad ones under the rug.
Not so much with Sonic.

The remaster of Ty has really high user ratings on Steam and it always fascinates me. Still haven't taken the plunge to actually try it, though.

I consider buying it every time there's a steam sale. It's one of my fondest game rental memories.

That, ace combat, and the double digit number of times that I rented dynasty warriors.

Meneses

Beast is at that same point I reached in Yakuza where I just had to mainline the story to see it all happen.

The difference is that I had already done the side games so I had the 4th styles, which have some of the best Heat moves that they'll miss. I don't think they're going back to side content at this point.

Wunder

Beast is at that same point I reached in Yakuza where I just had to mainline the story to see it all happen.

The difference is that I had already done the side games so I had the 4th styles, which have some of the best Heat moves that they'll miss. I don't think they're going back to side content at this point.

yeah the pacing is a bit weird in that if you want to min-max you'd want to do all the minigame stuff the chapter you get em but that's also kind of boring. Attempting to do the real estate business through the later half of the story kind of sucks since the story ramps up and the enemies get more frequent/stronger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom