• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
That analogy makes no sense. Those Giant Bomb videos didn't exist beforehand. They are being made because of the support from subscriptions.

I should have been more precise with my language; we're talking about back catalog stuff (like SNES games and old GB stuff), which I believe still has value, despite being "copied data."

So, I should have asked: What about GB's already existing videos? The work's done already. Why isn't it all free? It's just copied data now.

I should have been more precise with my language; we're talking about back catalog stuff (like SNES games and old GB stuff), which I believe still has value, despite being "copied data."

So, I should have asked: What about GB's already existing videos? The work's done already. Why isn't it all free? It's just copied data now.

Years old videos should be free tbh. But unlike Nintendo, GBs business is contingent on getting subs and therefore it makes sense why they have stuff behind a paywall.

Nintendo meanwhile is literally taking 25 year old games and saying "here you go heathens I hope you like buying super mario again".

imBask

Banned

now what if Giantbomb made you pay for every video individually, and every 3 years they released a new website with the exact same videos but made you pay for it again because "they don't have the tech to know what videos you already own"

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Wow GB fans have been talking about Leigh Alexander for 7 years?

Maybe it's time to let that go.

I doubt anybody here actually thinks negatively about her for it (or about it at all). The <> has become the unofficial official GB sign-off for any livestream ever since and most people using it probably just picked it up without knowing the origin. Hence the need for the explanation in the first place.

So happy that crash is doing well. I know they're not the best games ever or anything, but they were a huge part of my childhood so it's very good news.

Wunder

Nintendo rulez, PS1 droolz

CRA0Y3OUcAAihNY.png

Years old videos should be free tbh. But unlike Nintendo, GBs business is contingent on getting subs and therefore it makes sense why they have stuff behind a paywall.

Nintendo meanwhile is literally taking 25 year old games and saying "here you go heathens I hope you like buying super mario again".

Looks like Nintendo games hold value better than Giant Bomb stuff.

now what if Giantbomb made you pay for every video individually, and every 3 years they released a new website with the exact same videos but made you pay for it again because "they don't have the tech to know what videos you already own"

You joke, but didn't you have to resubscribe when Whiskey Media broke up? I know some wonky stuff happened with Tested.

Fireblend

Banned
Yakuza 0 is so good. I feel like I was so hyped for Persona 5 and BotW that I'm having trouble accepting a game I bought to have something to play in a month when I didn't have much planned is my actual favorite this year, but it is what it is.

oti

Banned
Instead of buying more games I decided to play more of my backlog.

Started Diablo 3 a few days ago and that game kind of feels like a clicker? I don't really like the gameplay but the production values are amazing. The German VO is audio book tier. Curious to see how much I'll play.

I'll start playing The Division again. Stopped ages ago and still have 50% to go.

Got The Crew for free during some Uplay promotion last year or something. Will check that out. If I don't like it I'll play Horizon 3 instead.

I want to check out Mirror's Edge Catalyst which I got for 10€ ages ago and never played it.

I'm looking at my nearly unplayed copy of Gears 4. Nah.

I have to say though, Snake Pass isn't really my kind of game. I wish I had bought Gunvolt with that money instead. Oh well.
Should I buy ARMS

No. Wait a year for a price drop and more content. It ain't no Splatoon.

Mr. F

Banned
I need to beat Persona so I can get to Yakuza, goddammit.

My steam completely ran out with Persona despite being so excited for it ahead of release. I got slammed by work/life commitments and dropped it and the more time goes by the less I feel in a hurry to return... but hope to by the end of the year.

It's cliche to say at this point but the Switch's flexibility has me playing more on that than anything lately. Haven't touched my PS4 in a good while.

Megasoum

Banned
Just bought SPACEPLAN on the Steam Sale and doing another playthrough (I did the original one flash version)...

Still the best clicker out there!

imBask

Banned
Dragon Ball Fighterz is gonna outsell every other fighting game

Anime is coming to stay.

no way

Dragon Ball Xenoverse was really god and barely sold over 1M global, Dragon Ball fans are very vocal but that's about it. Take that venn diagram circle and mix it with the niche anime fighting game fans circle, and you get an even smaller number

it's a cool idea that'll sell a limited amount of copies to a niche audience

Should I buy ARMS

Like I've said before, it has as much content (if not more) as SFV at launch. Like SFV however, due to it being a fighting game it can't keep my attention. I'd be willing to trade my copy to you but I think all the games I would want to trade it for are coming out later this month.

The good news is im in no rush to trade it because this game will be sold at $60 until the end of time. &#128520;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom