• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Has Ben said if he played any of the Megaman Zero games on Twitter or somewhere? He didn't mention them during the Gunvolt quick look and he absolutely should from what he said during that. I'm guessing he has and just forgot mentioning those. Or maybe he did and I missed that? He even mentioned the Battle Network ones.

Capcom should just give the franchise to Inticreates and have them make more MMZ/ZX style games.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In light of the Crash news, can't wait for knack 2 to outsell some other critically acclaimed game this year
6FC7C383A4D0BC5646D17BBAA52A3F7C.gif

oti

Banned
Define value

Super Mario is at a point where you can wholesale it for 5 cents and its be more than fair. That game already got its due over the years.
Data doesn't age. Data doesn't lose value. If people are willing to spend money on old data, companies are going to ask for that money.
Knack 2 will have a higher metacritic than Super Mario Odyssey.
This thread is GARBAGE.

Data doesn't age. Data doesn't lose value. If people are willing to spend money on old data, companies are going to ask for that money.

No.it does. Over time data loses value as it becomes outdated and replaced. In the terms of games, that means they get cheaper overtime.

This is true for the majority of games. Except Nintendo games. Their heads are so far up their collective asses that youd be lucky to find, say, Super Mario Maker brand new for less than $30 retail despite its age.

Data gets old. Data gets outdated. Data gets cheaper. If you tried to sell Windows ME for its original price, for example, you would be laughed at.

Nintendo has been making puppets out of their fans when it comes to their old games for far too long.

Hell, I know Ill make a few hundred bucks reselling the SNES mini because Ill just pull a Nintendo!

oti

Banned
No.it does. Over time data loses value as it becomes outdated and replaced. In the terms of games, that means they get cheaper overtime.

This is true for the majority of games. Except Nintendo games. Their heads are so far up their collective asses that youd be lucky to find, say, Super Mario Maker for less than $30 retail despite its age.

Data gets old. Data gets outdated. Data gets cheaper. If you tried to sell Windows ME for its original price, for example, you would be laughed at.

Nintendo has been making puppets out of their fans when it comes to their old games for far too long.

Hell, I know Ill make a few hundred bucks reselling the SNES mini because Ill just pull a Nintendo!

Your example doesn't make any sense. Mario Galaxy 2 does not "replace" Mario Galaxy 1. It's not a substitute. It's a sequel. A new good, a new product. Games aren't programms or instruction manuals. They're entertainment.

Your example doesn't make any sense. Mario Galaxy 2 does not "replace" Mario Galaxy 1. It's not a substitute. It's a sequel. A new good, a new product. Ganes aren't programms or instruction manuals. They're entertainment.

And neither does WindowsME! Some people will be content running that old os just like some people will be content just playing the original super mario brothers. Doesnt mean its intrinsically right to charge full price for a 25 year old game!

Also games are literally programs you run.

oti

Banned
And neither does WindowsME! Some people will be content running that old os just like some people will be content just playing the original super mario brothers. Doesnt mean its intrinsically right to charge full price for a 25 year old game!

OH GOD PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD I CAN'T

Peru

Don't be an idiot

Hasney

Fuck. As I didn't have much nostalgia for the NES as I owned Commodores and a Master System, the Analogue NT Mini wasn't appealing to me, but I loved the idea and thought it would be a few years until 16 bit ones were available for perfect hardware emulation.

... I just discovered a 200 Euro Amiga/Atari ST FPGA based system with cores for Commodore 64 and all the 8 bit consoles. Mega Drive even works, but they've not worked the sound out yet.

I've asked Jeff if he's looked into them before for the next Jar Time because reading reviews, I may need this.

Water isn't wet. Wetness is a description of our experience of water; what happens to us when we come into contact with water in such a way that it impinges on our state of being. We, or our possessions, 'get wet'.

You need to take an economics class.

Hasney

I'm kind of looking forward to Sonic Mania.

I've played a couple of levels and if you liked Mega Drive Sonic, you should. I was so cautious after being burned so many times and even hating DIMPS level design in Sonic Advance and thinking they're all garbage, this is the real deal finally.

Hasney

Yakuza has the best OST while playing, although not one I'd listen to outside of the game. It nails what it's going for though.

Probably love Niers more, and ARMS and Persona 5 each have one amazing track.

daveo42

Banned
I'm kind of looking forward to Sonic Mania.

It has the look of Sonic 1-3&K, so I'm definitely interested. I'd like to hear more about how it actually plays, but I've have faith someone finally made new Sonic game that's actually good from start to finish. And I don't get excited for new Sonic games since they've been flaming piles for decades.

no way

Dragon Ball Xenoverse was really god and barely sold over 1M global, Dragon Ball fans are very vocal but that's about it. Take that venn diagram circle and mix it with the niche anime fighting game fans circle, and you get an even smaller number

it's a cool idea that'll sell a limited amount of copies to a niche audience

Xenoverse is at 650k on Steam alone.

Hasney

no way

Dragon Ball Xenoverse was really god and barely sold over 1M global, Dragon Ball fans are very vocal but that's about it. Take that venn diagram circle and mix it with the niche anime fighting game fans circle, and you get an even smaller number

it's a cool idea that'll sell a limited amount of copies to a niche audience

It'll sell more than guilty Gear though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom