• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giganteus

Battlegrounds is getting close to GOTY for me, maybe. I just won a game despite being as far away as possible from the circle. I got kicked out of the plane with AFK players, on the edge of the map to the North (near Zharki), and had to go all the way down South to the military base. It was incredibly tense and I was constantly low on health, due to being (WAY) outside the blue circle for an eternity, trying to find a vehicle.

The chance of winning felt like it was at 0%, but the game gives you a real shot out of 100 other people. It's an awesome feeling.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
If you guys want to hear about people talking about nagoshi's best game, waypoint just finished their Binary Domain spoilercast.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
binary domain does not deserve a spoilercast at all

'dudes are robots but some aren't.' stay tuned for my saints row spoilercast

Catvoca

Banned
I posted about it 5+ pages back but everyone fuckin ignored it.

Big Bo disappointed

UHqxXf4.gif

I still haven't listened to part 1. I wasn't sure if I wanted to replay it myself before listening.

Mirror's Edge Catalyst speedrun coming up, time to show the haters how good the movement in this game really is. Like it's literally the best thing about the game especially when you improvise and combine shit.

valeo

I don't even worry about finishing current games, let alone my backlog.

Still waiting for them to completely update FF15 though before I go back. It kinda bums me out that the latter stages are apparently more linear and less about the car roadtrip with hot bros.

People who say "I have to finish my backlog" are depressing to me. Life is too short to force yourself to play games you obviously aren't that interested in.

hamchan

People who say "I have to finish my backlog" are depressing to me. Life is too short to force yourself to play games you obviously aren't that interested in.

The sad thing is that my backlog is long and I'm actually interested in all of the games in it.

Antiwhippy

At some point the delusion that I'll have the time to finish the games I bought is more important to me than finishing them.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The thing is that I've definitely had game burnout halfway through long games that I love

so I try to give that same leeway to every game. Like I got burnt out on Y0 halfway through until I just mainlined and skipped the side stuff and it s still my GOTY. But I definitely got the burnout. Longer games are mother fuckers these days.

Zocano

Fuck, man. Why they gotta put out Yakuza so sparesly. I really wanna see them play through those last few hours. Fffuuuu

hamchan

i laughed at the guys wanting to beat the shit out of Sagawa in Yakuza 0. I wanted to do the same.

I wonder if they'll be as bewildered as I am that he's treated more like a buddy buddy character in the ending rather than this giant dirtbag enemy that he was the whole game.

Also I kinda want them to take a break before going into Kiwami to avoid burning out but I also don't want them to forget the characters which will surely happen if they don't play Kiwami in a timely manner.

Harpuia

I'm still chipping my way through nier and breath of the Wild. I still want to play hollow knight, Yakuza 0, and then eventually save up money for a switch for Odyssey. Ive been getting a hankering to try PUBG too..someone stop 2017 it's out of control.

Tubobutts

i laughed at the guys wanting to beat the shit out of Sagawa in Yakuza 0. I wanted to do the same.

I wonder if they'll be as bewildered as I am that he's treated more like a buddy buddy character in the ending rather than this giant dirtbag enemy that he was the whole game.

Also I kinda want them to take a break before going into Kiwami to avoid burning out but I also don't want them to forget the characters which will surely happen if they don't play Kiwami in a timely manner.
They would forget every character even if they started kiwami literally the second after they finished 0.

Lunar FC

I'm still chipping my way through nier and breath of the Wild. I still want to play hollow knight, Yakuza 0, and then eventually save up money for a switch for Odyssey. Ive been getting a hankering to try PUBG too..someone stop 2017 it's out of control.

Have you even played the best game of the past few years yet?

The thing is that I've definitely had game burnout halfway through long games that I love

so I try to give that same leeway to every game. Like I got burnt out on Y0 halfway through until I just mainlined and skipped the side stuff and it s still my GOTY. But I definitely got the burnout. Longer games are mother fuckers these days.

I got to the final boss in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and decided that, "No, I'm not going to grind and get guns that will chew through her shields so I can deal damage. I'm uninstalling this instead."

Then, I tried Far Cry 3, and the shooting and exploration felt boring. Blood Dragon is a much better game than Far Cry 3. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel held my attention better.

Same for Rebel Galaxy. The moment the loop started over when I got to the second system, I stopped because I could see how the rest of the game would go. That bored me, so I uninstalled it.

My patience for games is at an all time short.

Antiwhippy

I still really want to finish gravity rush 2, but man, that camera during combat.

I'll probably power through it though.

With tomorrow being 4th of July, I just remembered something. With it being 2017, that means 1997 was 20 years ago. 20 years ago yesterday (July 2nd) Men In Black came out. That's crazy to me! I remember seeing it in theaters (I think actually on that 4th of July, which was a Friday that year). 20 years! I remember all anyone in my neighborhood wanted to listen to was the Men In Black song that summer.

That
"humanity is already all dead" reveal was very depressing
Ack, didn't catch that that was a Nier Automata spoiler. Though I guess it's not that much of a spoiler to me since the original Nier made it clear that
humanity is fucked, more or less caught in an inescapable death spiral. And the actions of the protagonist only served to speed it all up.
I guess I should play Automata some day, just waiting for a good sale.

Ashby

Ack, didn't catch that that was a Nier Automata spoiler. Though I guess it's not that much of a spoiler to me since the original Nier made it clear that
humanity is fucked, more or less caught in an inescapable death spiral. And the actions of the protagonist only served to speed it all up.
I guess I should play Automata some day, just waiting for a good sale.

Shit sorry about that. But yes, I suppose if you played the first game it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

Joeku

If you guys want to hear about people talking about nagoshi's best game, waypoint just finished their Binary Domain spoilercast.

Fuck I didn't think they'd finish it so soon. I gotta go do that.

Trying my damnedest to not let Caine leave me.

Antiwhippy

Seeing that I watched summaries of the first game before playing
that twist wasn't really about the twist to me, it's more about the implications it has on the world and your actions throughout the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom