• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the worst point of AAA publishers putting out 'brown n bloom shooters' was it ever as bad as modern indie game devs and roguelike/roguelites?

I guess but all that stuff is just trends, and with all trends there will be a few great games/movies/books/whatever that follow the trend and the less memorable ones will just fade into the background.

I never really worry about there being too many games of a similar style. Like yeah maybe a million roguelikes have come out over the past few years but it's super easy to find the five great ones and there's still plenty of non roguelike games to play as well.

I have such an incredible backlog of Giant Bomb videos and non-GB YouTube videos. I keep them pinned in Google Chrome so I can resume watching or just as a reminder to watch later. I use an extension called Session Buddy to archive my tabs once I get too many pinned (usually around 40). What I just found out, though, is that I have 596 tabs saved from 1/06/1016 to today, 5/28/2017.

Five-hundred and ninety-six.

Help me

Do any of you have bad habits like me that involve PC customization?

I just found out that I can extract my saved tabs to a CSV or text file that even includes the tab names. I may have finally found a solution for my billions of tabs always being open. I'm gonna screencap what my current browser looks like for posterity:

QPCrUCh.png

The tabs become so tiny and un-usable it's not even funny :(

Megasoum

Banned
I have such an incredible backlog of Giant Bomb videos and non-GB YouTube videos. I keep them pinned in Google Chrome so I can resume watching or just as a reminder to watch later. I use an extension called Session Buddy to archive my tabs once I get too many pinned (usually around 40). What I just found out, though, is that I have 596 tabs saved from 1/06/1016 to today, 5/28/2017.

Five-hundred and ninety-six.

Help me

Do any of you have bad habits like me that involve PC customization?

I just found out that I can extract my saved tabs to a CSV or text file that even includes the tab names. I may have finally found a solution for my billions of tabs always being open. I'm gonna screencap what my current browser looks like for posterity:

I always have a lot of tabs open but the only times it actually get to those numbers is when I'm looking for something to watch on GB...

I go to QLCrew and literally mash the middle mouse button on the "Random Video" button... Then I wait 10-20sec for Chrome to catch-up and then go through all the tabs closing them one at a time until I find something interesting to watch lol.

Laughed when it occurred to me a minute ago that Nier Automata is an awesome example of a game where the "running around" is really good. Just stylishly navigating around the world is a pleasure.

I became such a tab hoarder lately that I've set all my browsers to not remember tabs when launching to try to encourage myself to not keep stuff open for months at a time.

I always have a lot of tabs open but the only times it actually get to those numbers is when I'm looking for something to watch on GB...

I go to QLCrew and literally mash the middle mouse button on the "Random Video" button... Then I was 10-20sec for Chrome to catch-up and then go through all the tabs closing them until I find something interesting to watch lol.

I became such a tab hoarder lately that I've set all my browsers to not remember tabs when launching to try to encourage myself to not keep stuff open for months at a time.

:O

People like me

I feel like having so many tabs open kills my productivity because I end up bouncing around manically to all the pinned tabs instead of focusing on one thing. Now that I can export them as a csv, I can finally not worry about having them all pinned. I seriously recommend Session Buddy!

Megasoum

Banned

People like me

I feel like having so many tabs open kills my productivity because I end up bouncing around manically to all the pinned tabs instead of focusing on one thing. Now that I can export them as a csv, I can finally not worry about having them all pinned. I seriously recommend Session Buddy!

Yeah Session Buddy is a must.

Also GAF Live Thread is the most important chrome addon ever made for any GAF users... The new version that was updated a couple of months ago is amazing. Forget the 50ppp Vs 10 ppp.... I just run infinite ppp! You get a nice little "*" before the name on the tab to tell you when new posts are available on that tab.

Yeah Session Buddy is a must.

Also GAF Live Thread is the most important chrome addon ever made for any GAF users... The new version that was updated a couple of months ago is amazing. Forget the 50ppp Vs 10 ppp.... I just run infinite ppp! You get a nice little "*" before the name on the tab to tell you when new posts are available on that tab.

Oh damn, I haven't heard of that extension before. Installing now! Thanks!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
'alex is miserable' is more played out than 'dan asks dumb questions that he doesnt care about the answer to but is trying to keep the conversation going'

Mr. F

Banned
'alex is miserable' is more played out than 'dan asks dumb questions that he doesnt care about the answer to but is trying to keep the conversation going'

Co-signed. I'm a dark husk of misery nightmare person yadda yadda got old ages ago, wish he wouldn't lean on it so much for his jokes.

Curufinwe

Game Informer did a really interesting podcast interview with the Player Unknown Battlegrounds developer. He's a Blackadder loving Brit so Captain Darling's was his earlier username, until he took the one off the default Arma username of PlayerOne and replaced it with Unknown.

http://youtu.be/m6GaKa8QjT8

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Guys, I'm listening to old beastcasts and I'm listening to the one with the salad dressing dad joke.

It still fucking slayed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom