• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.
ay we gettin that Yakuza or what??

j5QothE.gif

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If rumours or true. E3 2017 should be a big year for Shenmue news with remasters of 1+2 and hopefully a updated on 3.

Cant wait for reactions.

Shemnue 3 update : "about time we got an update on twitter been two years. Looks ok, but I don't know man, do we really need more Shenmue?"

shenmue 1&2 HD: "well with 3 coming out, this makes sense. "

Joeku

I mean the last guardian was rad so at least they got something.

I think Horizon got announced there too, but no, let's celebrate the announcement of crowdfunding on a platform-holder stage for a game that totally needs to exist now that we have Yakuza.

I wish I liked TLG more. Couldn't get over the control and performance. It's the one thing I've played that felt lesser for being played on an OG PS4.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I think I got lucky in that I held off my purchase of a PS4 for a long ass time. :p

Had the Pro announcement and TLG release coincide.

Antiwhippy

They record way beforehand though so memorial day shouldn't be a factor.

Didn't they say on the B-game show that there would be one?

Joeku

That's fine, it'll come out when it's ready. I waited close for a decade for The Last Guardian after all.

I'd much rather they take action because Cyberconnect2 aren't getting it done than just shit something out
I'm not saying that they shouldn't take their time and do it right.

I'm saying obvious proof of concept polished up and then turned into a misleading trailer is obvious. And here we are, two years later. Now they'll start actually making the first part.

Antiwhippy

I'm not saying that they shouldn't take their time and do it right.

I'm saying obvious proof of concept polished up and then turned into a misleading trailer is obvious. And here we are, two years later. Now they'll start actually making the first part.

I don't think it's misleading when everyone fucking expected it lol.

Joeku

That describes most of the game announcements at E3?
Not really, no. Vertical slices that are "aspirational" and eventually have ideas excised are common and that bugs me, but in the years since Killzone 2 I thought we'd all gotten past the completely bogus shit somewhat.

I mean also there's obvious CG trailers that more mood pieces than anything, but that's not what I'm talking about.

I didn't like the game, but more announcements like Fallout 4 please.

Edit: Anti, I meant misleading as in "looking like it was actually anything", not that FF7 was eventually gonna get remade. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Jintor

i made an knees weak ARMS spaghetti jokes like a weak ago in some gaf topic and now i've seen like three people with vastly more reach than me on twitter riding that likes/retweet wave into... a really popular post.

i mean i don't think they stole it or anything, it was just floating there in the collective unconscious probably, but it still blows chunks

oti

Banned
i made an knees weak ARMS spaghetti jokes like a weak ago in some gaf topic and now i've seen like three people with vastly more reach than me on twitter riding that likes/retweet wave into... a really popular post.

i mean i don't think they stole it or anything, it was just floating there in the collective unconscious probably, but it still blows chunks

#justiceforjintor #mememagic

Joeku

In my bowling league when I was a kid there was a contest to name the bulletin board and the winner would get a free ball. So I put in the obvious answer, "Bowl-etin Board" and come back next week to see it on the wall. I'm stoked. I am going to get my own ball!

No, somebody else had the same idea and I guess the alley owners read theirs first so they got the ball instead of me.

This is exactly the same.

In my bowling league when I was a kid there was a contest to name the bulletin board and the winner would get a free ball. So I put in the obvious answer, "Bowl-etin Board" and come back next week to see it on the wall. I'm stoked. I am going to get my own ball!

No, somebody else had the same idea and I guess the alley owners read theirs first so they got the ball instead of me.

This is exactly the same.

I guess the best case was that they collected all of the "Bowl-etin Board" answers and put them in a tom-bowl-a to pick a lucky winner...

Guys.... I just got to a part in the Force Unleashed b-game video where Dan suggested that Dice's Star Wars Battlefront is a b-game. I calmly took my headphones off, sipped my coffee, and sighed. He then says that his qualification for a b-game is one that doesn't have the hooks to keep him in. What. You guys. Help. This video series. Nooooo.

Tagyhag

Guys.... I just got to a part in the Force Unleashed b-game video where Dan suggested that Dice's Star Wars Battlefront is a b-game. I calmly took my headphones off, sipped my coffee, and sighed. He then says that his qualification for a b-game is one that doesn't have the hooks to keep him in. What. You guys. Help. This video series. Nooooo.

Just treat that series as a random playdate and you'll feel much better.

repeater

Did he scream that second part, or how did you hear it even without your headphones on? o_O

I don't remember that at all. At the end it basically came down to what the marketing was like and impact/userbase that it had/reached.

Honestly I think Alex is mainly right when it comes to defining what a "B-game" is. I'd consider it a "guilty pleasure" experience which is very much determined by instinct.

Essentially, it would be a game you know does not hold up to proper scrutiny, but you can enjoy the ride as long as you don't focus on any of it.

Edit: Also, I couldn't have been the only one who was screaming "WHAT ABOUT CRYSIS?" when Dan talked about how PC-exclusive games never really had any huge marketing push or momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom