• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wish E3 isn't here because I don't want to stop saying Project Scorpio.

Guaranteed whatever the real name is wouldn't be as fun to say.

Guys and gals, E3 is almost here

j5QothE.gif

hamchan

I hate Ben because his creepy ass gif is being posted like every page now.

Who cares about his voice when apparently the man can create multiple creeper gifs within a week of starting at Giant Bomb.

yami4ct

I wish E3 isn't here because I don't want to stop saying Project Scorpio.

Guaranteed whatever the real name is wouldn't be as fun to say.

We won't be saying it at all because it'll be as irrelevant as the PS4Pro once it's released.

I had to do that. I'm sorry

Antiwhippy

Hey I like my PS4pro very much.

It was only a little bit more and it's my first PS4 so I thought "eeeeeh why not"

Curufinwe

They were sold out of Pros at one of my local Best Buys on Saturday when I bought a X900E, so I had to go to the other store to get the console.

yami4ct

That's a perfectly valid reason to buy a Pro, but I'm more just referring to the fact that these powered up consoles seem to be really falling flat in the larger discussion of this generation of consoles.

Been seriously considering a 4K OLED to where I paid a little extra for Logan with a 4th ultra HD blu-ray. I'm ever so slightly more interested in the Scorpio because I'll need something to play 4K blu-rays and the PS4 Pro can't. But I don't know what Xbox game I'd play on it when they'll be better on PC.

Antiwhippy

I mean if you present people with a cheaper option and tell people that it can still play the same content than people will get the cheaper one.

I think scorpio will be an overall brand refresh that will also bring more attention to the current S. It won't make sense to just market the high end version.

yami4ct

Been seriously considering a 4K OLED to where I paid a little extra for Logan with a 4th ultra HD blu-ray. I'm ever so slightly more interested in the Scorpio because I'll need something to play 4K blu-rays and the PS4 Pro can't. But I don't know what Xbox game I'd play on it when they'll be better on PC.

I'll be interested to see how Microsoft sells Scorpio for that exact reason. Everything on it will also be on PC. What can it do that a similarly priced PC, because this thing is going to be expensive as hell, can't? They've at least got the outline of a pitch with the whole 'closer to the metal, more performance with less' thing they sold through the DF reveal, so that's a step ahead of Sony's Pro pitch at least.

Antiwhippy

What if Microsoft slaps windows 10 on there and say "this is a pretty dope windows computer that can act as your living room media center."

yami4ct

HTPCs have never really taken off among the general public. As soon as you put a 'real' OS on it, you begin to turn away people who immediately see it as too complicated/have no use for a traditional PC in this day and age. I think a lot of the reasons consoles can still find success now is that they specifically just aren't PCs.

I'll be interested to see how Microsoft sells Scorpio for that exact reason. Everything on it will also be on PC. What can it do that a similarly priced PC, because this thing is going to be expensive as hell, can't? They've at least got the outline of a pitch with the whole 'closer to the metal, more performance with less' thing they sold through the DF reveal, so that's a step ahead of Sony's Pro pitch at least.

It'll be $399. I can not see them going over 399

And thats not THAT expensive.

Antiwhippy

I mean they have the technology to switch between UI.

Though from what I've gathered the tile style UI is pretty bad on the Xbox?

yami4ct

It'll be $399. I can not see them going over 399

And thats not THAT expensive.

Nah I bet you that thing comes in at $499, If you want a for real 4k rendering machine, it's gonna cost them at least that much to put out.

I mean they have the technology to switch between UI.

Though from what I've gathered the tile style UI is pretty bad on the Xbox?

I think no matter what UI tweaks you do, the minute you go 'hey this thing is a PC' you turn off casual users.

sunset overdrive

Nah I bet you that thing comes in at $499, If you want a for real 4k rendering machine, it's gonna cost them at least that much to put out.

Unless there is some unknown secret sauce I dont see it.

It'll be a way more capable 4K machine then the PS4 Pro but I am not expecting the world from the specs. Once it was known they are not changing CPUs I just got to assume its going for 399.

People where a little surprised the Pro was able to get until 400 too. And with MS I think right now they might even be willing to take a small loss per unit.

Of course I expect a more premium sku around 499 that comes with the elite controller and a better hard drive and a game or something that will be the bundle you want to buy

Antiwhippy

Don't they sell the pro controller at 120? Don't think they will include that and a bigger hard drive for 100 more.

Zaph

What if Microsoft slaps windows 10 on there and say "this is a pretty dope windows computer that can act as your living room media center."

I've been wondering about what they could possibly announce to generate interest in Scorpio, and yeah, this is all I can think of

this generation is pretty much a write-off for them anyway, so why not do something ballsy and allow the Scorpio to also boot into full-fat Windows 10 with win32 support. Go after the living room PC in a way Steam machines couldn't, and actually give PC devs a common spec to optimise for

But realistically, given how hard MS is pushing UWP across all departments, win32 is a nonstarter.

yami4ct

The whole way they've sold Scorpio is 'premium, high end and custom engineered'. They're preparing people for the hit of the premium price. It'll have one SKU and it'll be 499.

yami4ct

399 would be ideal, but I feel like Phil Spencer has attempted to set expectations with saying Scorpio is a "premium" console.

edit: yami4ct lol

If you look at the way they talked about it in the Digital Foundry articles, they've even doubled down on it. Look at how they talked about their crazy chip tuning engineering and custom cooling solution.

If you look at the way they talked about it in the Digital Foundry articles, they've even doubled down on it. Look at how they talked about their crazy chip tuning engineering and custom cooling solution.

Definitely
It would be great if they could pressure Sony, but I just don't see it happening.

Scorpio will be $599. I want to believe.

It probably won't be, but man that would be great. But I can't see them wanting to take a loss on it either so maybe $499, since it is more powerful than a Pro.

The Northernlion and Friends series on youtube is 100x better than the GB Murder Island

otherwise : Sacriel is really good, Last_Grey_Wolf is also a good pick (part of the NL and firends crew)

I wanted to come back to this and thank you for recommending Nothernlion. Im on their 4th video and I dont see myself stopping :)

Hindl

Scorpio will be $599. I want to believe.

It probably won't be, but man that would be great. But I can't see them wanting to take a loss on it either so maybe $499, since it is more powerful than a Pro.
No way it's more than $499. $599 is DOA even if it blows PS4 pro out of the water

Mr. F

Banned
I'm scratching my head wondering what it would take for me to give a solitary fuck about Scorpio/Xbox in general and I'm coming up blank. Although this kind of applies across the board to consoles right now so might just be me

yami4ct

I love Microsofts PC strategy

I don't understand it! It makes no sense! I sold my xbox one!
But I love it!

It makes *some* sense. Try to salvage sales for flailing first party games and push people toward the windows app store. The problem is their first party lineup is even more lacking than Sony's.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Got yelled at by girl for not responding to her guy issues quicker because I was talking to another girl on AIM about her guy problems then the first girl rage signed off

10/10 much better realistic high school experience than Persona.

robotrock

Banned
Got yelled at by girl for not responding to her guy issues quicker because I was talking to another girl on AIM about her guy problems then the first girl rage signed off

10/10 much better realistic high school experience than Persona.

This the new Emily is Away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom