• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT29| Uhhhhh I have a child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salarians

tumblr_mo9rchtlIA1svus96o1_250.gif

Tagyhag

For Sony they'll probably be meh overall since no one seems to have a huge affinity for Sony's properties as a whole. They'll dig God of War. Meh on Days Gone and Spiderman. Detroit's up in the air. Most will like TLoU2. Then we'll see whatever random announcements happen

For Detroit my guess is that they'll remark that it looks great graphically but remember that it's a David Cage game.

This explains it decently, but basically there's a sexual encounter in that game that's handled really dubiously IMO. Overall I was bothered by the way the game is so reliant on co-opting your nostalgia to draw you into its world, and ostensibly offers you choices to mold the story towards your own experiences, but then also forces you to do some really skeevy stuff that I would not have chosen if there had been any other options. There's this implicit feeling of "this is how it played out IRL for you too, right?", which, no, it didn't, because I'm not a desperate asshole who secretly wants to fuck my female friends.

I've only played through once, but I was never forced into a situation like that in Emily Too. Overall it's still a very effective game at invoking those weird AIM conversations and all those emotions from when I was younger, albeit I still have a little problem with how some conversation paths are handled. Would recommend though!

Luminaire

Catching up on beastcasts over the past few days, noticed Jeff doesn't get to play many games and keeps saying stuff is happening in his life. Super curious.

BearPawB

Banned
You cant tell me what to do! Youre not my supervisor!

But they really are awful. I find it astonishing that anyone could sit through for more than a minute of their stuff.

to each their own.
monster factory is a better series than almost anything GB has ever done

it also makes sense that the people who dislike ben also dislike the mcelroys.
He has a very Griffin sensibility to him.

bomma_man

to each their own.

Yep, Ben is very much an off brand McElroy, in a good way.

to each their own.

I... dont dislike Ben. That moustache is another thing all together.

Real Hero

What do you think the crew's reactions to the conferences will be?

I'm thinking Jeff/Brad will dig Microsoft because they'll bring out their dudes to talk about how Scorpio represents their vision for the future of games or whatever, and Jeff/Brad eat that shit up.

Alex/Dan will get hyped for Nintendo probably

Ben will touch his face and be all creepy and stuff

'That's cool I guess'
'uhuh sure but do we really need this?'
'who is this even for?'
'oh that is crazy!' (over them most innocuous thing)

Meguro

Banned
I've said it before but this thread is actually what the rest of GAF thinks Giantbomb is.
Cynical and spiteful to the core.

yami4ct

Finished the last FFXIV patch before Stormblood. Goddamn, guys. This game. I don't know how it just keeps being so good. If they keep this up, it might end up topping IV as my favorite Final Fantasy ever.

oti

Banned
What do you think the crew's reactions to the conferences will be?

I'm thinking Jeff/Brad will dig Microsoft because they'll bring out their dudes to talk about how Scorpio represents their vision for the future of games or whatever, and Jeff/Brad eat that shit up.

Alex/Dan will get hyped for Nintendo probably

Ben will touch his face and be all creepy and stuff

I think Brad in particular has always had a soft spot for Microsoft. And they're the only ones showing new hardware this year, Brad loves this tech stuff.

Jeff, no idea. He'll be snarky at everything as per usual. I hope Sony cuts out even more marketing crap so he can be extra snarky for not offering more snark opportunities. He seems pretty stoked about Mario though.

Skyzard

Banned
I was watching an older UPF from 2015 and they played this SFII type game made in China called Dong Dong Never Die. They record themselves and turn it into a fighting game.

It's surprisingly great and well made. Pretty funny too and even plays well with a keyboard, at least it does on my mechanical. Preferred it to my DS4, which was weird.

Free too. Had a lot of fun with it yesterday.

I think the Giant Bomb fandom/thread is doing alright all things considered, I mean the Kinda Funny schlubs are losing their minds about having to hear non PlayStation podcast material, The Easy Allies goons can't talk about themselves without gauging their level of "total natural and not all over exaggerated" Hype™ to others, Gamespot seems to be losing employees like they are relevancy, and God knows what the hells going on at Waypoint, Pokemon smut or some such nonsense. So please let's all chill and get back to Brad baiting and Ben stache hating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom