• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Meneses

Just rewatched part23 of BitE (as I regularly do) and:

1) This soundtrack is fantastic (it can't be stressed enough)

2) Alex's trembling "Yeessss" when he realized
Kiryu was gonna hit Shibusawa with his own fist
in the final QTE sequence is one of my favorite moments of the series.

3) I had pretty much the same exhilarating laugh as they did at the very final QTE; such a good way to finish a playthrough after the roller coaster that was the last 4 or 5 hours of that game.

Yakuza 0 GotY

swimbuff

This car mechanic game seems like it would be super relaxing and chill to play. I wish it does more in actually teaching you how to repair a car -- I could use some practical lessons.

BwPKk8uCEAAJ0jY.jpg

Harpuia

My Summer Car looks like the controls and general jank would get frustrating. I love me a good janky game, but sometimes it's possible to have too much jank. It also looks rather..boring and dull.

I'd say it's just not a game for me, but there's something about it that seems horribly boring beyond the first 30 minutes of amusement.

Harpuia

I can't believe a modern Sonic game is getting good reviews.
It only took someone not actually from Sega to do it.

When you get people who aren't solely vested in getting as much money out of the series as possible working on something that they love, you manage to get something that isn't trash.

Finally, those poor sonic fans get a good game after Sega hamstringing them for so long..

swimbuff

Jim Sterling gave it a 95.

Huh a good Sonic game in 2017. I'd be interested to hear Dan's impressions on it on the Beastcast this week.

Well this car mechanic simulator QL didn't bring the funny on account of the game actually being competent but I did find it oddly satisfying to watch. Just like when I watch my mechanic fix my car in real life!

Oh shit this just came to me but a car mechanic sim in VR could actually be super awesome. VR is where this genre needs to go.

daveo42

Banned
I'm wiling to give Sonic a shot after being underwhelmed at the last two "throwback" titles of Generations and *vomits* Sonic 4. It definitely looks good, some of the leaked gameplay seems to throw in the right kind of curve balls, and even Jeff seemed positive on what he saw a few months ago even if what he could actually talk about on the bombcast was extremely limited.

Hey, Knack 1 was decent enough as is, if you got it for $5.

It wasn't bad for a launch title. I enjoyed it well enough at the time, though I remember next to nothing about it except Knack's smooth, silky voice and the oddly difficult final boss.

BTA

I'm in a weird place where I don't feel anything for Sonic Mania despite because despite starting with 1/2/Spinball on Genesis and 3/3+K/CD(/R, because that was included for some reason) on PC when I was really young, the games I grew up with were like... Adventure 2 Battle and Heroes.

I haven't played most of the newer games... I think the only thing post-2006 I played was some of Secret Rings and a few levels of Generations? Actually, wait, I played most of the Advance series and the first Riders. And I think I might have played Rivals at some point since my brother had it? I played that gacha-based runner for like a day or two when it came out too.

anyway my point is I'm a garbage human who would probably be more nostalgia-based excited for Adventure 3

You mean the guy who gave Generations an 8?
How helpful of an opinion that is.

I mean the guy that gave Colors a 4.5

the guy once called out by SEGA themselves as a troll

the guy who called people that didn't like the movement and physics in Sonic 4 "confirmed virgins"

Oakinn

It's sad I'm anticipating the Agents of Mayhem embargo lift so I can read reviews and what not...

I'm gonna play all night long.

I'm also looking for them. The last few weeks I've become more interested in it. Fahey at Kotaku seemed to be enjoying it so I'm hopeful its good

soundtest

Banned
lots of feathers being ruffled in 2017 over a sonic game that is just a bit more than a collection of stages from 20 years ago.

yall being foolish.

Harpuia

Chemical Plant's boss is
literally a round of Mean Bean Machine

I saw this, and perhaps this game has something going for it.

Recycled stages they may be, it looks like they're just using the aesthetics of the older stages, but very much turning them into new levels.

Top Bottom