• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I'm just now reading the details of the Moviepass thing, and I really didn't realize it dropped from $50 a month to $10, with no drawback. How the hell do they manage that? Seems crazy!

LiK

I'm just now reading the details of the Moviepass thing, and I really didn't realize it dropped from $50 a month to $10, with no drawback. How the hell do they manage that? Seems crazy!

It shows that most people probably weren't even subbing with that price. Maybe they finally learned that getting people in the theaters is a good thing and people will probably spend money on the overpriced food at the concession stands.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really don't get the Witcher and HZD comparisons either. Other than rolling is OP.

Like to me the number one thing about Witcher 3 is the side quests are really good and have a good payoff. The side quests in HZD are really generic and short if you cut out the running from place to place with nothing interesting happening.

It shows that most people probably weren't even subbing with that price. Maybe they finally learned that getting people in the theaters is a good thing and people will probably spend money on the overpriced food at the concession stands.

Huh, yeah. Well I hope it's successful and sustainable!

A big benefit of my current movie-buying method is that I purchase online and choose my seat. Can I still do that? Do I have to go to my local Drafthouse to buy the ticket?

- J - D -

They will also most likely sell user data (such as your film preferences, etc) to movie studios to recoup losses and/or cut a deal.

Still, I can't imagine this price point lasting very long.

This wealth of GB content is going to save my life. Have watched all of SMS, Blue Bombin 5 and the recent UPFs/Murder Island streams on a treadmill. Watched the Battle Royale Film&40s on it last night.

daveo42

Banned
Jeff super positive on Sonic Mania. This is the twisted world we now live in.

That $50 wasn't the original price. I think it was $35. They made some changes and lost some customers through and by limiting how the once a day system to once every 24 hours as opposed to calendar day. This is probably to get customers back.

imBask

Banned
I really don't get the Witcher and HZD comparisons either. Other than rolling is OP.

Like to me the number one thing about Witcher 3 is the side quests are really good and have a good payoff. The side quests in HZD are really generic and short if you cut out the running from place to place with nothing interesting happening.

you're being obtuse if you don't see similarities

-big open world game
-special vision to track stuff like scent and footprint
-similar in-game cinematics with similar camera angles
-similar climbing mechanics
-similar combat
-similar crafting system for potions and shit
-similar leveling system

etc etc

LiK

They will also most likely sell user data (such as your film preferences, etc) to movie studios to recoup losses and/or cut a deal.

Still, I can't imagine this price point lasting very long.

True, I guess it depends on how many people join and if it's worthwhile for them to keep the promotion going.

-big open world game
-similar combat
-similar leveling system

etc etc

I think both Witcher 3 and Horizon are garbo but the only similarity in the combat is the roll. Outside of that I'd agree with you the quest design is similar and they both have boring open worlds.

J_Viper

Half of Use Your Illusion is excellent, the other is actual garbage

Chinese Democracy also has some great tracks on it. "This I Love" is a track that could make me cry in the right mood.

daveo42

Banned
Good on Sega for finally making a good Sonic game. Took them only 77 years but hey.

Closer to 20 and it's technically a fan-made game that Sega is publishing. Hopefully this means Sega is fine with more Sonic games being developed by 3rd parties instead of in-house, but that other Sonic game with the fanfic mechanic is still coming out...so who really knows.

I've played a few hours of Agents of Mayhem. The core mechanic's pretty cool, it's hero based and you switch between 3 heroes as though they were different weapons. Everything else about it has been lacklustre though.

oti

Banned
dan likes agent of mayhem!

OK.

Brad (Hellblade) vs. Dan (Agents of Maybe) could be a goat GOTY moment.

I can see it.

Brad going all artsy fartsy about Hellblade's narration and Roger Ebert and character blah blah. Dan: "Agents of Mayhem is actually fun."

Jeff will be Team Dan, Alex Team Brad. But what about the rest?

imBask

Banned
OK.

Brad (Hellblade) vs. Dan (Agents of Maybe) could be a goat GOTY moment.

I can see it.

Brad going all artsy fartsy about Hellblade's narration and Roger Ebert and character blah blah. Dan: "Agents of Mayhem is actually fun."

Jeff will be Team Dan, Alex Team Brad. But what about the rest?

Abby didn't play either
Vinny will be salty about Mass Effect Andromeda by that point
Ben will be the deciding factor

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've played a few hours of Agents of Mayhem. The core mechanic's pretty cool, it's hero based and you switch between 3 heroes as though they were different weapons. Everything else about it has been lacklustre though.

So its Warriors Orochi with guns

-big open world game
-similar combat
-similar leveling system

etc etc

Witcher didnt have climbing?
Witcher's combat was ttoally different?
Witcher's crafting system was way more involved and important?
Witcher's leveling system was totally different?

Do you think Final Fantasy and Baldur's Gate are basically the same thing because they're both rpgs?

oti

Banned
Abby didn't play either
Vinny will be salty about Mass Effect Andromeda by that point
Ben will be the deciding factor

Vinny: I just want to remind everyone that all of those games are great.
Abby: I didn't play it. *dab*
Jason:
Ben: It was.... OK.

imBask

Banned
So its Warriors Orochi with guns

Witcher didnt have climbing?
Witcher's combat was ttoally different?
Witcher's crafting system was way more involved and important?
Witcher's leveling system was totally different?

Do you think Final Fantasy and Baldur's Gate are basically the same thing because they're both rpgs?

i'm saying they have clear similarities, not that they are EXACTLY THE SAME. Stop NeoGAF OTing me with that all black or white strawman shit

you're saying you can't understand that comparison, as if he was comparing Horizon to Paperboy

ev0

Dan's been slowly turning back into Old Dan. Liking Agents of Mayhem is just the natural (de?-)evolution of that.

Bldpx7S_d.jpg

Sonic Mania is a good video game

- Jeff Gerstmann. GiantBomb.com

THERE IS YOU BOX QUOTE

Also we are getting close to the 500th episode of the bombcast. Hope they do something special. No idea what they could do but it would be nice

Teddified

Why wouldn't Dan like a volition game? Did I miss something about him hating saints row? I do recall him liking that one red faction game though.

daveo42

Banned
Giant Bomb |OT32| "Sonic Mania is a good video game" -Jeff Gerstmann

Also we are getting close to the 500th episode of the bombcast. Hope they do something special. No idea what they could do but it would be nice

They'll do a standard show and you'll like it. Then they'll talk about doing a special six months from now and plans will fail to materialize because E3/PAX/GotY is coming up.

Abby and Ben's persona-styled portraits look great!

Agents of Mayhem looks fun but I'm definitely gonna wait for a sale on that. They need to iron out the technical issues.

Top Bottom