• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Kimaka

I go to the theater maybe once every three months so I'd be wasting money getting a moviepass. The theater experience isn't worth it for most movies anyway.

I know! But that's how it is really. I just find it hard to get invested into film as a medium.

You're not alone. I often find films to be too shallow or too formulaic. My favorite movies are the ones that do most of their storytelling through visual language or that have a lot of thematic depth going on, like Blade Runner. But by and large, I think TV is the better medium by far these days. So many fantastic shows came out in the last 15ish years.

I can't believe I let GB brainwash me into thinking classic Sonic games weren't great. I should have always seen Jeff claiming Sonic CD was the only good one as kinda suss.

Abby's summary of her thoughts on the Metal Gear franchise during Film & 40s is a contender for greatest thing ever spoken by a Giant Bomb staff member, even though I like the series.

BTA

I need to actually play the rest of MGS.

I've had the collection for like 3 years + got 5 for free (and forgot to resell it) because I bugged Amazon after they started bundling it with the PS4 model I bought a week after I'd gotten it, but I still only ever got around to 1. Obviously I've been heavily spoiled for everything at this point but still.

I only have the extended cut, and don't see a way to stream the theatrical version in canada, Playstation appears to have a different directors cut version. will see if I can find a disc of the movie today. I really want to watch this. wish they had used extended version

I'm replaying XCOM: Enemy Within, ironman, and my trajectory was really good until I fought something other than sectoids. Took about three, four matches for me to get worse than The Exquisite Corps... and after three devastating losses in a row, I'm thinking I'll just restart. Completely forgot how Thin Men are the true snipers--they seem preferable as snake ladies right now.

I had the aiming angles Second War thing on. I'll turn that off this time 'round and hopefully do a bit better.

Godpseed, Exquisite Commander.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
im rewatching the food orders from past streams. I want them to do this again, but order from multiple spots through caviar or postmates.

Shelob.fucks

image.php

Murder Island

Still too spicy at times and props to Ben getting some redemption in that game he had.

LOLOLOL@ Ben telling everyone to ready up when the game is still ongoing.

that was like some peak level Rorie antics right there LOL.

oti

Banned
TIL there's no secret to enjoying Sonic games.
Some people just like bad games.
Fine by me.

Replaying and mastering Sonic levels genuinely surprised me though. I thought it was just some playable roller-coaster ride.

Abby's summary of her thoughts on the Metal Gear franchise during Film & 40s is a contender for greatest thing ever spoken by a Giant Bomb staff member, even though I like the series.

Honestly I think abby would like the mgs series if she played through it

Its basically anime after all

I go to the theater maybe once every three months so I'd be wasting money getting a moviepass. The theater experience isn't worth it for most movies anyway.

I didn't go to the theater for a long time for that reason, but now that I have the Drafthouse and their super-strict no talking policies I go fairly often.

We have fun here but let's remember that metacritic/reviews as an aggregate are useless, as that SMS score well proves.

oh yeah I'm just fucking around

that being said, if you told me that the latest mainline 2D Sonic would do better critically than the latest mainline 2D Mario I'd would've laughed you out of the building

oti

Banned
NSMBU is legit good though. But no wonder people got sick of the formula after Nintendo released ANOTHER NSMB game just a couple of months before.

daveo42

Banned
Old 2D Sonic games were great. Not at the same level of greatness as Mario titles, but still great games.

oh yeah I'm just fucking around

that being said, if you told me that the latest mainline 2D Sonic would do better critically than the latest mainline 2D Mario I'd would've laughed you out of the building

Tbf, it was Super Mario Bros. U.

6e2b8d96-0d6e-45e4-b4fd-bb4df02e7d81.png

The game is set in Rainy Woods, the self-proclaimed "happiest town in the world." Here, you'll play as Naomi, a photographer from New York who finds herself stuck in this small town in rural England. She's found a way to pay off the massive debt she's accumulated, but she soon discovers that the town is hiding a very bizarre secret...

At night, all of the town's residents turn into cats.

Swery's next joint

robotrock

Banned
Film & 40's doesn't have a feed on iTunes?

Nah, it's under the premium podcasts feed.

If you go to the premium podcast page and click the orange RSS button, it should give you a URL you can add into podcast apps. Or in the case of itunes, head to the top left and press the "file" button, and then find the "subscribe to podcast" button below. It'll let you put the URL in there.

LiK

Nah, it's under the premium podcasts feed.

If you go to the premium podcast page and click the orange RSS button, it should give you a URL you can add into podcast apps. Or in the case of itunes, head to the top left and press the "file" button, and then find the "subscribe to podcast" button below. It'll let you put the URL in there.

Thanks bruv

Top Bottom