• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

hamchan

I felt like my subscription was about to run out so I checked the billing part of the website and it tells me that I'm currently on "a free trial of the Giant Bomb Premium Yearly plan"?

EWXNFhy.png

Long time for a free trial.

Salarians

Finished Pyre. I was kind of down on the game for a while because I wasn't enjoying the rites, but I was really into the characters and the story and I ended up loving the game. Actual best moment contender:
the credits sequence.

It's a shame the performance is so horrendous during the last few rites, at least on a base PS4.

I wonder if they have a download limit for the free trial, because I feel some people would just mass dl a bunch of videos if they didn't cap it.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
his twitch channel is pretty fun, I appreciate the act!

He seems like he's good at what he does. I hate what he does, and he does it while seemingly only playing a game I also hate and hate to watch, but he's fine enough if you're looking for somebody doing whatever that is.

I was worried that the thread about the premium trial on mainstream GAF would be met with "man, fuck premium, just put ads on the videos so I can watch it all for free with my adblock turned on" comments but it's early days yet.

TraBuch

Banned
I'm thinking GB should stop doing quick looks and use that time on more interesting premium features, and then make Unprofessional Friday a free feature where they play the like thirty minute chunks of games released that week.

Who's with me and my awesome idea?

repeater

I'm thinking GB should stop doing quick looks and use that time on more interesting premium features, and then make Unprofessional Friday a free feature where they play the like thirty minute chunks of games released that week.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

I'm with you and I'm sure they would've done it in some form if QL's didn't bring in the views, which they do. So, yeah.

I still enjoy Quick Looks and UPF! This thread is out to take away everything I love

I do too, don't get me wrong. It doesn't mean that wasn't a sound idea, ya know?
Confession: I have not watched a Quick Look in like 2 months.

You missed out on one of the best QL's in recent memory, Serial Cleaner. Don't read the comments or anything, just watch it from beginning to end.
So what you do is cut up the thirty or so minute chunks and then release them throughout the next week as quick looks.

Maybe it's easier to plan out when it comes to QLs? We all know how much of a pain embargoes and shit are. Sometimes users want QLs of things that released asap which is also another thing to consider.

- J - D -

Confession addendum: I prefer to watch the Best of Giant Bomb vids for a hyper-condensed Quick Look experience.

You missed out on one of the best QL's in recent memory, Serial Cleaner. Don't read the comments or anything, just watch it from beginning to end.

Okay DM I trust your judgement, I will watch this sight unseen. Hope it doesn't disappoint me like Annabelle Creation did just an hour ago. What a snorefest.

Top Bottom