• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Phu

Banned
Agents of Mayhem was looking pretty good for the first half of the QL but once they got to that mission that was just climbing that building and shooting dudes my interest pretty much flatlined.

Harpuia

Oh hell yes they got to Pianta Village.

If anyone whose been watching this series still thinks this is a good game.

This level will hopefully break them. I broke earlier, but looking at those levels again will definitely do it.

daveo42

Banned
That last area was a nightmare. Who thought any of that was a good idea? I worry that area in particular will invent a new fresh hell every time they go back in.

That sliding one they found tho...I remember that level. That level is fun. Perspective is real weird.

Harpuia

Some of the commercial breaks had a very brief Waypoint logo flashing in the commercial stings for Disney XD's new late night gaming segment. I've been wondering why that was besides some kind of Vice/Disney partnership thing that they had where they just wanted to throw in video game things for their montage.

Disney XD's gaming stuff (Called... Disney XP) is kind of scatterbrained, with showing offbrand youtubers and the occasional old game tournament + some pretty cool looking drone racing. The programs are all over the place. That being said, it's nice that they're trying to do something with this new segment.

That sounds rad, good for them!

Oh hell yes they got to Pianta Village.

If anyone whose been watching this series still thinks this is a good game.

This level will hopefully break them. I broke earlier, but looking at those levels again will definitely do it.

I either blocked it out or never reached this area because I don't remember it at all and it just looks bad whether they were adept at the game overall or not.

Hasney

Honestly surprised that Austin is fronting it. In a good way as I'm sure he'll do great, but assumed they'd want a "name" attached or whatever.

Catvoca

Banned
Honestly surprised that Austin is fronting it. In a good way as I'm sure he'll do great, but assumed they'd want a "name" attached or whatever.

The show is probably just two documentary segments stitched together with maybe some sort of intro or added segment. The making of Hyper Light Drifter and Super Hyper Cube videos have been up on Vice for a while. Still cool though, and I imagine the other episodes will have to be new stuff.

Hasney

I'm over Crackdown 3 at this point and will settle for owning two Xbox 360s duct taped together to play Xbox 360 games.

If only Scalebound could save us.

The show is probably just two documentary segments stitched together with maybe some sort of intro or added segment. The making of Hyper Light Drifter and Super Hyper Cube videos have been up on Vice for a while. Still cool though, and I imagine the other episodes will have to be new stuff.

Oh, didn't know that. I never go on the site so if I miss it in thebYiuTube subscriptions (if it's even posted there), it doesn't exist to me.

May go watch them though.

Crackdown 3 pushed to 2018. Womp womp

At least it will have more time for development, wont get buried by all the holiday releases, and might have more of a chance to be successful in the spring. But then It won't get the sales boost of being an Xbox One X release title, more and more companies are releasing big titles in the spring so it might still have strong competition and Microsoft now only has cuphead and forza as their big fall titles.

Hasney

At least it will have more time for development, wont get buried by all the holiday releases, and might have more of a chance to be successful in the spring. But then It won't get the sales boost of being an Xbox One X release title, more and more companies are releasing big titles in the spring so it might still have strong competition and Microsoft now only has cuphead and forza as their big fall titles.

It was announced so many years ago at this point that it's clearly never going to come together and it should be given to someone else really.

BTA

I'm playing Sonic 1 on my phone due to all the Mania talk and: wow, Act 2 of Marble Zone. I don't actually know if I ever managed to get past that zone as a kid? And I just found video evidence of me laughably trying to do an LP like 8 years ago and apparently giving up in Act 3.

3 year old me and 13 year old me and 22 year old me all have found death in the Marble Zone.

Also w/r/t the Waypoint thing, it was announced a little while ago but I didn't know it had or hadn't aired till Austin mentioned it was premiering today on last night's FatT stream. I don't have a DVR so I'm gonna try to catch it live.

Top Bottom