• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I'm def gonna need some clarification on potential Thrones spoilers. Was it up to the (official) latest episode or did Dan actually pirate and spoil something from this Sunday's?

Justin

I am laughing that they said Xbox One X needs a launch line up then say that the PS4 Pro's was better because they had a game that had released 2 years prior (infamous) and a year old port of an xbox game (Tomb Raider).

Both of the launches are/were super unexciting.

daveo42

Banned
I don't get why people are so afraid of egg yolks. Is it the cholesterol? Don't eat eggs then or not be a monster and eat a billion with your breakfast. Egg whites are the bland part that serve as the casing for the golden delight that is the yolk.

I've been making hard boiled eggs lately and it they're wonderful.

I eat them every day, though I make it a point to slightly under cook them so that the yolk is more gelatinous and gooey instead of fully hard. Fried eggs over easy are close to peak egg for me. That or an omelette made with heavy cream.

I couldn't put my finger on why AoM looked so mediocre until Vinny said it was like a PS2 game. The weird, sparse structure to every mission and the overworld (from what they showed in the QL) totally harkens back to those days; it's really bizarre.

Like, I know Saint's Row has never been a deep or complicated game, but to regress so much is just wild.
Is it mean to kinda wish they would do a Lord of the Rings Film & 40s.

Dan will be shook when they finally see Shelob.

zelas

I'm def gonna need some clarification on potential Thrones spoilers. Was it up to the (official) latest episode or did Dan actually pirate and spoil something from this Sunday's?

The main spoiler he mentioned was from Season 5. Then a relatively smaller one from season 3. He only mentioned watching the leaked episode and said nothing more about that.

The main spoiler he mentioned was from Season 5. Then a relatively smaller one from season 3. He only mentioned watching the leaked episode and said nothing more about that.

Ah, gotcha! Can't be too careful this season. Weird that he would straight up say he watched the pirated episode. I'm assuming he didn't pirate it himself.

I don't know if it can be considered pirated if HBO leaked it themselves
Unless Dan was watching live in Spain, it was a pirated copy. Just because something was broadcast doesn't mean downloading it illegally isn't piracy.
Same, though I've seen people microwaving eggs at work in a small tupperware container and thought about how that might taste.
That sounds gross.
Clearly he was in the mood to say a bunch of stuff he probably should have kept to himself lol
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Soft boil the eggs, peel them, and then submerge them in soy sauce, mirin, sake. Put them in the fridge.

You get ramen eggs for days.

I've never done that, but I've been on an egg kick so I'll give it a try this weekend!

Zaph

INCrfp2.png

Fire Dan, hire Paul, introduce him with a segment where he manages to explain white balance by spending 3 minutes to look up what it is on wikipedia.

This is a joke.

Catvoca

Banned
I couldn't put my finger on why AoM looked so mediocre until Vinny said it was like a PS2 game. The weird, sparse structure to every mission and the overworld (from what they showed in the QL) totally harkens back to those days; it's really bizarre.

Like, I know Saint's Row has never been a deep or complicated game, but to regress so much is just wild.

Agents of Mayhem looks like an off-brand knockoff of Saints Row, which is funny because Saints Row was an off-brand knockoff of GTA.

LiK

Agents of Mayhem looks like an off-brand knockoff of Saints Row, which is funny because Saints Row was an off-brand knockoff of GTA.

The fact that most of the people involved with SR series have left Volition doesn't give me any reason to play it soon. It's gonna be a bargain bin title for me.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
BTW, for people worried about GoT spoilers on the beastcast, Dan gets into those in the matterfall QL, not the beastcast.

Ashby

BTW, for people worried about GoT spoilers on the beastcast, Dan gets into those in the matterfall QL, not the beastcast.

So what is the extent of them? Did he really go into spoilers for a leaked episode that hasn't aired yet? That's even beyond Brad territory.

imBask

Banned
He spoils something from season 5, and he doesn't even really spoil it correctly as Vinny points out

The Fake News in this thread are off the chart nowadays

we wen't from "he spoils the leaked episode on the beastcast" to "he spoils something from 3 years ago on a QL"

The Fake News in this thread are off the chart nowadays

we wen't from "he spoils the leaked episode on the beastcast" to "he spoils something from 3 years ago on a QL"

I heard Dan ruined every movie for the rest of the year in the BeastLook for Super XCOM Sunshine. Dan is the literal worst. Fuck Dan. #RealNews

I can’t remember, did Dan ever say anything about NieR after he tweeted that he was starting it? Curious to go back and hear his thoughts now that I’ve finished it.

Nope and i seriously doubt he'll finish it.

How was it?
Eh, I didn’t really care for it personally. We had a conversation when you weren’t around. I didn’t connect with any of the characters so the story really didn’t do anything for me. But I’m glad there are people who enjoy it with such fervor!

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's fair, I've definitely seen some impressions with the same sentiment. I would be lying if I said I really fully connected with the characters initially too. If anything it's an appreciation that grew the more I looked at the game till it turned into an infatuation in a way lol.

Top Bottom