• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

That's like barely a video game at that point, more like an interactive play set.

That might be what people enjoy though? Playing on an easier setting isn't going to hurt anybody, it just gives them the chance to get more out of the $60 title they bought. It might not always lead to people enjoying a game more, but sometimes it will.

I think Nier's a great game but I think most of that's in-spite of the combat mechanics.

I guess. I don't really care like i'm saying i'll give it a fair shot, I just don't know what to expect anymore . Just waiting for a solid price drop on Steam!

Fair does. Not knowing what to expects probably better than expecting too much or too little.

INCrfp2.png

Egg talk is good talk

daveo42

Banned
I'd buy this if you posted where it's at. never played beyond the demo but that's a cool shirt.

and Dan's GoT spoilers are like seasons 1-3. If you haven't watched those that's on you.

I know it was posted in the previous thread, but I'd have to look to see where the official shirt is from. I just pulled that down from google images.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That might be what people enjoy though? Playing on an easier setting isn't going to hurt anybody, it just gives them the chance to get more out of the $60 title they bought. It might not always lead to people enjoying a game more, but sometimes it will.

I think Nier's a great game but I think most of that's in-spite of the combat mechanics.

Huh, I actually always thought you were fairly meh towards the game.

We need Paul to make a special appearance in GBEAST.

They should have him take Dan's slot on a Friday show, introduce him as "Mr. Ryckert", and pretend like nothing's different.

Huh, I actually always thought you were fairly meh towards the game.

Honestly, I wasn't too hot on the game as soon as I finished it and the combat never did much for me and a lot of that was because I found it less mechanically interesting than the first game. Then when I thought about it over time I started to appreciate it more and more. I will say that I didn't find the need to obsessively finish side-quests in games I probably wouldn't think it was as good.

I'd buy this if you posted where it's at. never played beyond the demo but that's a cool shirt.

and Dan's GoT spoilers are like seasons 1-3. If you haven't watched those that's on you.

The show is still running, I think it's uncool to throw out spoilers for something completely unrelated to the thing if there's a decent chance that people watching might not know about it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
They should have him take Dan's slot on a Friday show, introduce him as "Mr. Ryckert", and pretend like nothing's different.

Honestly, I wasn't too hot on the game as soon as I finished it and the combat never did much for me. Then when I thought about it over time I started to appreciate it more and more. I will say that I didn't find the need to obsessively finish side-quests in games I probably wouldn't think it was as good.

Ah alright, I think it might be one of the earlier conversations in the spoiler thread that gave me that impression.

Honestly I would say I had the same arc at you, I just reached a different level of... intensity. :p

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The show is still running, I think it's uncool to throw out spoilers for something completely unrelated to the thing if there's a decent chance that people watching might not know about it.

it's been 7 years. shrug. i give people a year to watch a season of a tv show. 7 is plenty of time.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Eggs are disgusting and I'm not saying that because I'm not allowed the eat them anymore. I don't miss them at all, nope, not me.

ArjanN

I think Nier's a great game but I think most of that's in-spite of the combat mechanics..

Eh, I think playing a game on a setting that's too easy can definitely hurt the overall experience by just making a game boring or not have you make use of all the mechanics.

And Nier Automata on easy is too easy for anyone with opposable thumbs. Normal is still pretty easy really.

it's been 7 years. shrug. i give people a year to watch a season of a tv show. 7 is plenty of time.

You've never watched something more than a year after it came out?

I don't get why people can't just be considerate about it. If there's no reason to publicly spoil something, don't do it. Not everyone gives a shit about being part of the zeitgeist. I watched Twin Peaks without knowing who Laura Palmer's killer was a few years ago, and I'm glad for it.

Ashby

I don't get why people can't just be considerate about it. If there's no reason to publicly spoil something, don't do it. Not everyone gives a shit about being part of the zeitgeist. I watched Twin Peaks without knowing who Laura Palmer's killer was a few years ago, and I'm glad for it.

Man, I don't know how you pulled that off. I first watched TP in like the 8th grade, 2004 and even then I knew who the killer was going in.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

Because I talk freely in public about shit I've watched because people are usually asking me for recommendations. That usually leads to conversation which leads to spoiler talk. I can't help it if someone else hasn't watched some old show. I also can't help them if they can't find time to watch it despite these current times of streaming and staying at home are at the highest they've ever been. People are watching more tv now then they ever have before, not my fault they're watching Bridezilla or The Office for the tenth time 🤷🏾*♂️

I also consume a lot of media. I've watched a lot of television and if I come across a spoiler on something I've miraculously never seen I know I'll forget about it. I've got a very lax rule set about spoilers for myself, I don't expect everyone to have it but I also can't filter myself because I really don't want to.

BTA

Man, I don't know how you pulled that off. I first watched TP in like the 8th grade, 2004 and even then I knew who the killer was going in.

I knew the killer + a few other details but was able to go through moooostly unspoiled in the past few weeks, somehow.

I'd actually forgotten that I knew the killer but I was buying the Diary and Secret History books and a blurb about them mentioned BOB and I remembered.

imBask

Banned

There's an acceptable amount of time where the blame shifts to you for waiting so long

7 years is a long ass time.

Eh, I think playing a game on a setting that's too easy can definitely hurt the overall experience by just making a game boring or not have you make use of all the mechanics.

And Nier Automata on easy is too easy for anyone with opposable thumbs. Normal is still pretty easy really.

I think it's an easy game too, but that doesn't mean everybody has to. If people honestly thought they'd have more fun on medium/hard then that's the way they'd play it. On top of that accessibility is a thing. Some people have limited motory skill and don't have the time and dedication that somebody like Half Coordinated or Brollylegs does.

Easy existing as an option hurts nobody, but might lead to people enjoying a game they wouldn't if the option didn't exist.

BTA

This is a CE I might need to get lol

DHfqZbUV0AEYw6K.jpg:small

(full)

There's no way I'm playing Yakuza 6 anytime soon but it's rad enough that I'm probably going to have to get it.

I played 1 last year but didn't end up getting to 2 this year; I'm thinking I'll get that soon and try to play at least it, 3, and 4 within the next year?

See you at the end of 2018, Yakuza 6.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
That Sonic Yorha shirt is so good. I am ordering one now. Finally this thread has produced useful information that I can take back to my daily life!

Yeah. I can see buying that special edition of Yakuza 6. Although I probably won't play it until there's a PS4 Plus Plus or PS5 or whatever the tick console will be. Based on the Japanese demo, Yakuza 6 is pretty rough on a standard PS4.

Harpuia

That Sonic Yorha shirt is so good. I am ordering one now. Finally this thread has produced useful information that I can take back to my daily life!

Googling this shirt just takes me to the original version of the shirt. Where are y'all finding this?

Nerokis

Same here on the Twin Peaks thing, and this also tends to be my approach to spoilers. But something like early GoT exists in a space where it's pretty natural to me that different people will have different sensitivities to spoiling things. It's been several years, GoT is a highly watched show, and dicussion surrounding plot points has been so ubiquitous that it's hard to believe there's a non-watcher out there who hasn't been spoiled on something. If you decide that the imperative for discussion outweighs the imperative for avoiding spoilers in this case, I would understand completely.

On a different note, what's the go to difficulty for Nier Automata? Is normal a good sweet spot, or does Nier's combat benefit a lot from higher difficulties?

Top Bottom