• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

Same here on the Twin Peaks thing, and this also tends to be my approach to spoilers. But something like early GoT exists in a space where it's pretty natural to me that different people will have different sensitivities to spoiling things. It's been several years, GoT is a highly watched show, and dicussion surrounding plot points has been so ubiquitous that it's hard to believe there's a non-watcher out there who hasn't been spoiled on something. If you decide that the imperative for discussion outweighs the imperative for avoiding spoilers in this case, I would understand completely.

On a different note, what's the go to difficulty for Nier Automata? Is normal a good sweet spot, or does Nier's combat benefit a lot from higher difficulties?

Fair point, it is definitely a big part of the cultural zeitgeist right now. I just don't like when people toss out spoilers for no reason in completely unrelated conversations. Just be considerate. Some people clearly don't want to do that though, but I don't think it's fair to say "well it's been x amount of time so it's your fault for not having seen a thing." It costs you nothing not to spoil something just to prove that you've watched a thing or are hip or whatever.

I'd play Nier A on Normal. It's still very easy (I never died) but it at least feels rewarding to set up your passives properly this way and it's flashy and mildly satisfying. I don't think the combat design is deep enough to go higher than normal.

Because I talk freely in public about shit I've watched because people are usually asking me for recommendations. That usually leads to conversation which leads to spoiler talk. I can't help it if someone else hasn't watched some old show. I also can't help them if they can't find time to watch it despite these current times of streaming and staying at home are at the highest they've ever been. People are watching more tv now then they ever have before, not my fault they're watching Bridezilla or The Office for the tenth time ����*♂️

I also consume a lot of media. I've watched a lot of television and if I come across a spoiler on something I've miraculously never seen I know I'll forget about it. I've got a very lax rule set about spoilers for myself, I don't expect everyone to have it but I also can't filter myself because I really don't want to.

"I can't because I don't want to" is pretty hilarious. So you just don't give a shit about ruining other people's enjoyment because you look down on them for not having seen the stuff you've seen, which is pretty evident from your Bridezilla or The Office comment. It's fine, I'm good to leave it at that, but don't be disingenuous. Just say you don't care.

Ashby

Is the hacking piss-easy on Easy because on Normal I actually enjoyed the challenge of it and shumps are one of my favorite genres.

Oti do PS4's sell for the same price at a Gamestop as somewhere like Saturn?

If I can trust Gamestop's website I could get $150 store credit by trading mine in and there is one in Augsburg.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I'm really over "Dan asks questions" QLs at this point.

I feel like it's a bit unfair to the game to talk about something completely unrelated for 80% of the QL, then again it doesn't seem like there is a lot to explain about Matterfall (I assume that's what you are talking about)

Vinny was legitimately exasperated by Dan at the end of that MatterFall QL. As someone who doesn't give a shit about spoilers, it was hilarious.

I feel like it's a bit unfair to the game to talk about something completely unrelated for 80% of the QL, then again it doesn't seem like there is a lot to explain about Matterfall (I assume that's what you are talking about)

It depends on the games I feel like, but it seems like more and more East QL's are turning into side conversations.

oti

Banned
Oti do PS4's sell for the same price at a Gamestop as somewhere like Saturn?

If I can trust Gamestop's website I could get $150 store credit by trading mine in and there is one in Augsburg.

I'm not really sure tbh. PS4 in Germany is weird. There are some really good sales from time to time. From all retailers. But in general Gamestop should be in the same price range. A retailer you should avoid is MediMax. They only exist because they sell overpriced products to old people who don't use the Internet.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
"I can't because I don't want to" is pretty hilarious. So you just don't give a shit about ruining other people's enjoyment because you look down on them for not having seen the stuff you've seen, which is pretty evident from your Bridezilla or The Office comment. It's fine, I'm good to leave it at that, but don't be disingenuous. Just say you don't care.

im not putting down the office, I love the office. at least seasons 2-5, some of 6, none of 7-8. yea i dont care. if they were interested they would have found time in seven years to start watching game of thrones.

why is it ok when nintendo ships a sub 30 fps game and we should 'wait for patches'

I never said someone should wait for a patch. We were talking in the context of goty.

Why are you acting like most of the game was sub 30 fps pre-patch when it wasn't?

And why wouldn't improvements to be a game be included in an end of year argument? These aren't static things anymore.

oti

Banned
Edit

Played more Sonic Mania. I really don't like how this game plays. The auto sections are cool. The moment I have to actually do something it becomes less cool.

why is it ok when nintendo ships a sub 30 fps game and we should 'wait for patches'

That really has nothing to do with what we were talking about.

But OK.

Good to know, I guess.

Is the hacking piss-easy on Easy because on Normal I actually enjoyed the challenge of it and shumps are one of my favorite genres.
I don't know if it changes but I didn't find the hacking difficult on normal. It can get quite hectic at times sure but it was never difficult.

Ashby

I don't know if it changes but I didn't find the hacking difficult on normal. It can get quite hectic at times sure but it was never difficult.

The
menu reveal when you're 2B hacking A2 got up there in difficulty I'd say, which made it all the more awesome of a moment

im not putting down the office, I love the office. at least seasons 2-5, some of 6, none of 7-8. yea i dont care. if they were interested they would have found time in seven years to start watching game of thrones.

but people might have different interest levels in different things at different points in time. you don't get to decide for someone else what a "legitimate" interest is. But I guess you already said you don't give a shit so I might as well talk to a wall, more fool me.

The real issue is that they do this for a majority of QLs now. LIke Serial Cleaner.... if I was the dev I'd be pissed. I found that insanely disrespectful, to stop the game mid QL and start up Soul Calibur and play that instead. To me the viewer that basically tells me this game isn't even worth showing. I was genuinely interested in that game before the quick look and was excited to hear there impressions on it. I'm done with Dan taking every QL and turning it into "teach me about basic life."

oti

Banned
I don't know if I love or hate this Matterfall QL, probably love. Game looks cool but not "I have to get it now" cool.

At this point I've just had enough of Dan asking questions I think. Can't he look that stuff up at another time? It completely absorbs the conversation and attention in the video. And it didn't really fit at all in this case. During the LoTR QLs the questions were great. They're actually some of my favourite videos on the site. The clash between Dan's ignorance and Brad's knowledge on Tolkien makes those videos special.

At this point I've just had enough of Dan asking questions I think. Can't he look that stuff up at another time? It completely absorbs the conversation and attention in the video. And it didn't really fit at all in this case. During the LoTR QLs the questions were great. They're actually some of my favourite videos on the site. The clash between Dan's ignorance and Brad's knowledge on Tolkien makes those videos special.
When there’s really nothing else going on the game to talk about I don’t mind it. MatterFall seems preeeeeety simple. But yeah, if they are forgoing talking about important features of the game for that stuff, I might have an issue with it.

oti

Banned
Get ready for the livestream of Alex playing something and everyone ignoring him and the game to talk about random shit then.
As if Mega Man actually mattered lol. People watch BB for their talk, not for Mega Man. QLs are different.

When there’s really nothing else going on the game to talk about I don’t mind it. MatterFall seems preeeeeety simple. But yeah, if they are forgoing talking about important features of the game for that stuff, I might have an issue with it.

I mean, I think I know what the game is about and I didn't need the entire QL for that. I'm totally fine stopping the video once Dan starts his routine. And I did. If others like that and want to hear his questions, they totally should watch the video. I don't mind stopping a video early. All's good.

1ubtfe.jpg

Sorry this is dumb but I couldn't get it out of my brain so I had to make you jerks see it too

Lari

Bleu Bombin'!

I think the last episode was a perfect balance of acknowledging what was going on the screen and sidetalk, fwiw.

Top Bottom