• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

swimbuff

Aaa somebody tell the Beast crew the color of the shield when you hover over a location to move to actually mean something! Understanding that could mean the difference between life and death.

But I call bullshit on the game
killing Vinny. He was stabilized and the mission ended automatically when all the aliens were killed, wtf was up with that?

oti

Banned
Aaa somebody tell the Beast crew the color of the shield when you hover over a location to move to actually mean something! Understanding that could mean the difference between life and death.

killing Vinny. He was stabilized and the mission ended automatically when all the aliens were killed, wtf was up with that?

SPICE

Wunder

how bad is vinny's memory??

I don't actually know why Vinny died there. It said they only lost 1 operative,
maybe you automatically lose critically wounded soldiers when you fail missions?

Scizzy

I feel like this may be a real problem with the Exquisite Corps formula. Games are designed to gently ramp up the challenge to train you and if you're skipping 2/3 of that ramp up...

swimbuff

I'll be shocked if their save lasts more than 10 episodes

Vinny: I've wanted to do this series for a long time and since we have another producer now we can finally do it. XCOM is a decent long game so it should last us a while.
Narrator: The series lasted 5 episodes.

Tubobutts

I was going wonder if Dan realizes that other people will be controlling the game after him with the knowledge of what he's done, but then I remembered that none of Dan's actions have ever had consequences.

oti

Banned
Umm, they're remaking Fear Effect and it's going to release in 2018. Holy shit.

With that out of the way, time to watch Exquisite Corps

*looks up Fear Effect*

88eCVa8.gif

ok

swimbuff

I was going wonder if Dan realizes that other people will be controlling the game after him with the knowledge of what he's done, but then I remembered that none of Dan's actions have ever had consequences.

All the other folks are going to get is the debrief they read to each other before every episode. History is written by the victors
survivors.

swimbuff

I don't actually know why Vinny died there. It said they only lost 1 operative,
maybe you automatically lose critically wounded soldiers when you fail missions?

I think you have to carry people back to the LZ to retrieve them, but it looked like the mission ended automatically when Dan killed all the aliens but if that means you lose any critically wounded soldiers that's bad design.

Also to that guy who said he lived for alex's writing.

Does the intro count as his writing?

I wasn't the guy but I loved Alex's read in the intro.

Wunder

I think you have to carry people back to the LZ to retrieve them, but it looked like the mission ended automatically when Dan killed all the aliens but if that means you lose any critically wounded soldiers that's bad design.

I thought carrying was only for XCOM 2, I can't remember. I thought for sure that if you finish a mission with downed soldiers they get automatically rezzed. It was really bizarre since he used the medkit so he was stabilized and not even bleeding out.
I could kind of understand if he was bleeding and the mission ends.

patapuf

This episode was great.

Dan played well and Vinny gave good advice.

With Dans accomplishments, i think they are well prepared to take on chryssalid.

swimbuff

I thought carrying was only for XCOM 2, I can't remember. I thought for sure that if you finish a mission with downed soldiers they get automatically rezzed. It was really bizarre since he used the medkit so he was stabilized and not even bleeding out.
I could kind of understand if he was bleeding and the mission ends.

It's been ages since I played either game so I am probably misremembering the mechanics. Either way the game was certainly at fault there.

The other.. mistakes.. however were certainly all Dan's fault. And he started so well..

patapuf

It's been ages since I played either game so I am probably misremembering the mechanics. Either way the game was certainly at fault there.

The other.. mistakes.. however were certainly all Dan's fault. And he started so well..

tbf, that's a tough missions the first time you play it. Really easy to get out of position.

But yeah... Dan seemed to forget were his enemies were throughout the episode.

Wunder

If they have bad luck it could pop up in 2 or 3 mission IIRC. I'm not sure how the enemy within missions affect the timeline.

chryssalids with tier 1 weapons is just gg

chryssalids with the giant bomb crew is insta-death

Hey guys, about to pull the trigger on XCOM 2. Is the deluxe version worth it? It's about 7 dollars more.

I bought it but I finished the game before the other 2 DLC came out. It mainly offers more customization options for your soldiers and an extra mission or two here and there I think. I'm not exactly sure what Shen's Last Gift was but the rumor was around launch it was some kind of MEC call back from Enemy Within.

swimbuff

You know they could have doubled the number of episodes if they made it about the entire xcom series.

Despite all its flaws, I loved X-Com: Apocalypse. I liked the in-game politics, and that it could be affected by base/city invasions, and how the megacorporations could be infiltrated by the aliens. I wish XCOM3 would go in a similar direction.

The Exquisite Corps could visit Mega Primus next.

Hey guys, about to pull the trigger on XCOM 2. Is the deluxe version worth it? It's about 7 dollars more.

If you play XCOM like me and customize your squad and make up your own narratives for them, it's worth it for the extra customization options.

Top Bottom