• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I mean, that's what an algorithm is going to do for you. no-ones checking this stuff. You may have said a word that sounds like "fuck" according to the system in one of the blocked ones or whatever.

I'm really hoping the knee-jerk isn't their final answer to the problem which is advertisers wanting more control over where their ads appear. They need a dashboard to check off what kind of content they're happy with. But since advertisers demanded a solution immediately and that tool wasn't in place, they had to go scorched earth for now.

I've 'accepted' the algorithm shit for a lot of what Youtube makes people deal with, but either flag a game or not.

That's the part I'm more irritated with, haha.

I feel like AoE4 will come out and be like Diablo 3, where a bunch of shit feels awkward and "off." Then a console release is announced and everyone says "oh."

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I feel like AoE4 will come out and be like Diablo 3, where a bunch of shit feels awkward and "off." Then a console release is announced and everyone says "oh."

The real tragedy is that it'll probably launch as a Windows store exclusive so nobody will care when it comes out at first and like 4 people will buy it.

Fantastapotamus

Real talk: If they don't include E=MC2 and Whos your Daddy in AoE Definitiv they might as well cancel it now.

They've already said it is. At least 1-3 is.

I already have 2 on Steam which is all the old AoE I need (I also still have the dope collection if I ever want to revisit AoE I)

Oh a lot of people will care. A lot of people already care about that point :p

Fair enough

Hasney

I've 'accepted' the algorithm shit for a lot of what Youtube makes people deal with, but either flag a game or not.

That's the part I'm more irritated with, haha.

Well, don't hold your breath. I just saw this in that YouTube thread:

https://twitter.com/GoodBadFlicks/status/900449628201644033
https://twitter.com/Gadgetgirlkylie/status/900017730266554368

Oh dear.

For those with Twitter blocked: GadgetGirlKylie apparently got a response from YouTube that informed her that if the bot can't figure out what content is in the video, it marks it as advertiser-unfriendly.

Again, if the bot doesn't understand what the video's about or includes, it assumes the worst.

:lol. They just don't give a shit, clearly.

robotrock

Banned
I'm a certified european and I'm way more excited for .hack coming back than AoE.

image.php

patapuf

Did they never check out UEBS?

Yeah, there's a quiclook on the site.

I really hope Epic nails AOE 4. I've never liked Blizzards RTS's and it's been a while since we got a high budget traditional one. AOE 2 and Empire Earth are some of my best gaming memories.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, there's a quiclook on the site.

I really hope Epic nails AOE 4. I've never liked Blizzards RTS's and it's been a while since we got a high budget traditional one. AOE 2 and Empire Earth are some of my best gaming memories.

Oh shit thank you.

I've been trying to remember the name of that RTS I used to play a lot and it is Empire Earth.

Tagyhag

I can understand them not liking AoE but not even a passing mention, when Gamescom wasn't even that chockful of news, is incredibly surprising. I can guarantee you that Brad saw the news and chose not to include it.

Fantastapotamus

I don't think he's a great host, but the real bummer is that I don't know that there would be any suitable replacements, either.

I dunno, I think Brad is doing a pretty great job as host

FANTA, please. We fight over Australian cities in here.

SYDNEY IS TRASSSSSSSSH

Don't get me started on Linz. Most boring village in the world. It's soooooooooooo boring. And Klagenfurt? All you need to know about that hole is that it's the state capital of Kärnten, and of course we all know what that means

Oh wait

derFeef

Not sure if people are serious when they belittle AoE in here.
But hey, ANIME RULES right?

Don't get me started on Linz. Most boring village in the world. It's soooooooooooo boring. And Klagenfurt? All you need to know about that hole is that it's the state capital of Kärnten, and of course we all know what that means

Oh wait

Lucky you did not mention my City :p
Village, lol.

Scizzy

I dunno, I think Brad is doing a pretty great job as host

I think Brad is great too, but I sometimes wonder if it's just because I keep comparing him to late period Jeff who clearly hated doing it on a weekly basis. Incidentally, I would love a Beastcast experiment and see what an Alex-hosted version would sound like. I'd probably love it, but it wouldn't be a widely held opinion.

Top Bottom