• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

I'm bad at syncing up these commentaries over movies. Every once in a while they react to a scene and I realize I'm way off from they are.

There are people who didn't realize Tyler Durden was a villain doing and saying villain ass things the entire time during Fight Club too.

Hell, Gordon Gecko inspired a generation before Durden did.

Wall Street 2 (because they made this for some reason?) did blur the lines around Gordon Gecko. It's weird.

- J - D -

I haven't seen the anime, but I still kind of want to check this out. I liked You're Next and The Guest quite a bit, and those are from the same director. Heard his Blair Witch movie was bad though.

Also how much Willem Dafoe is in this?

Death Note is slightly better than his Blair Witch movie.

I had zero expectation for the Death Note movie, and knew nothing about the anime. I liked it ok. Interesting enough for me to think "I'll bet there's a ton in the anime that people love that didn't make it into the movie."

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
People have the new Hot Shots and apparently it's pretty good. Shocker.

Thought for a moment that Charlie Sheen finally found his comeback role, then I had to go verify that Charlie Sheen is in fact still alive.

It was around the time I saw the Google result saying he thinks the moon is hollow where I realized you were talking about the golf game and not the 90s parody movies.

TraBuch

Banned
Thought for a moment that Charlie Sheen finally found his comeback role, then I had to go verify that Charlie Sheen is in fact still alive.

It was around the time I saw the Google result saying he thinks the moon is hollow where I realized you were talking about the golf game and not the 90s parody movies.
I've always been more of a Loaded Weapon kind of guy, personally.

TraBuch

Banned
Y'all wanna watch some anime? Watch Welcome to the NHK and cry after seeing how much you nerds relate to the main character.

I know I did ;(

I haven't seen the anime, but I still kind of want to check this out. I liked You're Next and The Guest quite a bit, and those are from the same director. Heard his Blair Witch movie was bad though.

Also how much Willem Dafoe is in this?

This is me, but the Light screaming reactions have me very very intrigued.

If nothing else, it looks like it might be memorable.

So you heard Joel and immediately thought "that sounds a lot like The Joker from Arkham Origins!"?

Yeah Troy has a good range. I'm sure Black does too, you just really notice when she's basically just talking like herself and not using any affectation. It doesn't bother me, I find Laura Bailey's awful Afrikaans way more distracting, because I can just hear it's Bailey doing an accent very poorly.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Claudia Black got away with just doing her previous role when she and Ben Browder got hired to do a Farscape reunion on Stargate. Can't blame her for sticking with what works since then.

Harpuia

I did it! I beat Nier: Automata. I thought it was generally a great game, and I think it managed to hit all the points it wanted to make.
Boy they weren't kidding about deleting your save data huh? That's OK, if I ever want to play the game again, I'd go through all the endings.

I feel like I missed a little bit here and there by not playing the first Nier, but I think it manages to convey the themes of cyclicity well despite this.

The ending was tinged with feelings of "is that it?" and "wait, what happens next?" But I guess that's the point, isn't it?

I hope Alex and anyone else who managed to play through it all by the end of the year gives this games its props. It's something special!

Alex disappoints me for not knowing Beat Takeshi was in Johnny Mnemonic.

gppYSCM.jpg

oti

Banned
Thanks, that got me into a "Let's listen to all the intros of the shows I used the watch when I was kid" hole. Thanks. Not like I have anything to do right now.

At some point I want to make a thread and compare intros for different shows in different languages and get people's opinions which versions are the best.

I just looked up the Greek opening to Digimon and it's insulting.

https://youtu.be/JLoZNCbkSJo

It's sooo bad. We German speakers really don't appreciate the excellent synchronisation efforts we grew up with.

kiguel182

Film and 40s shouldn’t be about good movies. They don’t pay attention to the movie and how is it fun just going on tangents? If you aren’t commenting in the movie just play a video game then.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Film and 40s shouldn't be about good movies. They don't pay attention to the movie and how is it fun just going on tangents? If you aren't commenting in the movie just play a video game then.

GBEast meet kiguel182
kiguel 182 met GBEast

Face/off

Lets get it trending, you guys

Aside from that one scene at the beginning where Nicolas Chage ejaculates after touching a girl's butt the movie is pretty boring tho.

kiguel182

GBEast meet kiguel182
kiguel 182 met GBEast

Aside from that one scene at the beginning where Nicolas Chage ejaculates after touching a girl's butt the movie is pretty boring tho.

I meant while watching movies. They have one show that is all about tangents. I don’t think every show should be about that and watching a movie is not a good activity to do that.

As I said, if the idea is get drunk and go on tangents a video game would be better.

The fast and furious film and 40’s where pretty focused and their comments where mostly about the movies.

Top Bottom