• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

960.jpg

TIME FOR A NEW PAGE.

You know the story is all about what a piece of shit Scott is, right?
Except they fuck that up by
pairing Scott and Ramona at the end of the movie, instead of him ending up alone like the original plan or with Knives like the alternate ending. Everything works out perfectly in Scott's favor in the end

robotrock

Banned
These one off film and 40's aren't doing it for me. I need a series again.

If they could do a film and 40's for every lars von trier film, that would be great.

kiguel182

Except they fuck that up by
pairing Scott and Ramona at the end of the movie, instead of him ending up alone like the original plan or with Knives like the alternate ending. Everything works out perfectly in Scott's favor in the end

Because he improves. The idea is that he is a piece of shit, doesn’t realize it and then gets called on it and improves. Unfortunetly the movie has to hasten this last part. But it’s there.

The comic spends more time on this and him ending up with Ramona feels more earned.

The movie needed more time.

oti

Banned
Quite the opposite for me. it would give me life.

Gives me flashes of that time when they had a guest on a GDC Bombcast who actually said "I think Nazis are hot".

Nah, real talk. The second Dan even tries to play his stupid stick during Schindler's List I'd start to legitimately hate him.

I'm sure he wouldn't do that though.

Nah, real talk. The second Dan even tries to play his stupid stick during Schindler's List I'd start to legitimately hate him.

They would never use the film for this series to begin with as they'd know how awful it would be.

Harpuia

Because he improves. The idea is that he is a piece of shit, doesn’t realize it and then gets called on it and improves. Unfortunetly the movie has to hasten this last part. But it’s there.

The comic spends more time on this and him ending up with Ramona feels more earned.

The movie needed more time.

I've always read the ending of scott pilgrim as two awful people who get each other because they don't deserve anyone else.

- J - D -

Dan usually knows when to reel it in when it comes to potentially offensive (and I mean legitimately offensive) stuff, so I'm not concerned. That kind of F&40s would never happen anyway, as others have said.

F&40's the Super Mario Bros Movie

This needs to happen.

TraBuch

Banned
Quite the opposite for me. it would give me life.

Gives me flashes of that time when they had a guest on a GDC Bombcast who actually said "I think Nazis are hot".
Leigh Alexander. And I don't think she actually said nazis are hot. Wasn't it more about their fashion? Or maybe she did say nazis are hot. I can't remember. That thing was a bit of a train wreck.

kiguel182

I've always read the ending of scott pilgrim as two awful people who get each other because they don't deserve anyone else.

Nah, the idea is that they grew.

In the comics Scott gets a job and stops being a slacker, has an heart to heart conversation with Kim and realizes he hurt a lot of people in his life.

The movie hints at that but doesn’t do enough to drive the point home.

Ramona was also hurt and being controlled by Gideon and also overcomes that in the end.

It’s all about how you can be a piece of shit in your twenties and not even realize it and then growing up. That’s the whole point of the story. Dealing with your past and all.

I can see how if you haven’t read the comics this is easily missable in the movie. It’s it’s biggest flaw for me. Scott stops being a loser in the end of the books, in the movie is not has apparent.

- J - D -

Leigh Alexander. And I don't think she actually said nazis are hot. Wasn't it more about their fashion? Or maybe she did say nazis are hot. I can't remember. That thing was a bit of a train wreck.

Yeah she clarified what she meant after Ryan fucking stopped everything when he heard her say it. She was talking about the Nazi officer uniforms.

Top Bottom