• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT31| I Think it Might Be for Show

derFeef

Though seriously, seeing that their response towards 1 was mostly infifference to dislike I'd be hella surprised if 2 is going to get any talk at all.

Playing through 1 right now I can see why it's getting flak but I also feel it's much more worth to talk about it.

Hasney

Pubs are GOTY every year.

tumblr_muz8luyYOy1r2d19io7_500.gif

Jintor

that's not true unless someone has wrestled someone to carly rae jepsen's emotion

i listened to patrick and griffin's advice and yeah that album is preeeeetty good.

Hasney

that's not true unless someone has wrestled someone to carly rae jepsen's emotion

i listened to patrick and griffin's advice and yeah that album is preeeeetty good.

I watched a match where the Mortal Kombat theme broke out during the match. Close enough.

I was listening to that hot new Taylor Swift song everybody loves and learned that apparently I should have read the books first to understand the lore behind it.

Out of curiosity I tried reading about the ARG and references around it. It's all so confusing. What I gather is there's a heel turn and fake feuds against other pop singers. It's some Chris Gaines nonsense but people are taking it seriously.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
don't be crazy, no one likes that new Tswift song. It's bad.

I knew that.
I did, however, end up watching the video for the new Katy Perry song and I don't think I like music anymore. It's all bad now. Dan is right - which is the scariest thing I've ever said.

Out of curiosity I tried reading about the ARG and references around it. It's all so confusing. What I gather is there's a heel turn and fake feuds against other pop singers. It's some Chris Gaines nonsense but people are taking it seriously.

I heard some kids talking about what the ravens in the music video symbolizes and at the time I thought they were joking.

They represent DARKNESS

Hoping for an east Rock of Ages 2 QL.

http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/434460/extras/APNGMayhem.png?t=1503947797[IMG]
[IMG]http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/434460/extras/APNGVanGogh.png?t=1503947797[IMG][/QUOTE]

I look foward to Dan asking questions like why is Vincent van Gogh's art famous if its just a bunch of blurry stuff.

klonere

Banned
I'm pretty sure Bioware or Lucas or somebody should sue Bungie for that Destiny 2 big bad guy.

A near copy paste of a Sith Warrior with the eyes spaced out slightly more. I thought Destiny had some secretly dope lore but the surface level stuff is so painfully generic. And maxed out on PC it doesn't look anything special.

It does feel very smooth and fun to play and I am a hamster who is eager to jump onto a loot wheel so I guess I won't refund my pre-order.

BTA

i really want austin to host some beastcast board games some day but, given that it's not his job, the yearly christmas meetup is probably it :( :( :(

Saaaaame especially because Abby said she was interested in that AMA she did. But between Waypoint as a job and the FatT Patreon meaning he's doing even more for that (which, I mean, I love so that works for me too) that'd be unfair to expect of him.

Though it wouldn't be the same, I do think they'd be able to do the type of (actually DMless) games they do without him if they wanted! They'd just have to do some prep beforehand and read the rules a bit more carefully.

To be honest a lot of the time I was listening to music for like... 1/2 to 3/4 of a year (ending a few months back) it was actually that album and Side B, with a few other things mixed in. It sounds paranoid but I always felt really weird about it, because Griffin McElroy talks about CRJ a ton and I didn't want to be perceived as only listening due to that or something (not that being listening based on other's praise would be bad, but there can be weird implications w/r/t coming across as a mindless fan of them). Even though in the end he was actually indirectly part of the reason I first started listening, hah.

But those albums are also really, really good and I sincerely love them, and also that's how I listen to music anyway. I bought a lot of music during that Bandcamp charity day and have basically still listened to a fraction of it on repeat.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So apparently Splatoon 2 totally has a built-in voice chat.

That... is only available on LAN play.

But you could totally communicate without hooking up to a dongle that hooks up to your phone.

Add another one to the "Baffling Splatoon 2 design decisions" list?

repeater

But you could totally communicate without hooking up to a dongle that hooks up to your phone.

Reggie:
"FUCK 'EM!"

oti

Banned

I think we've got enough material for a book already.

BTA

Not to defend decisions I'm not entirely happy with myself (even if I'd never use voice chat anyway, it's a problem they don't need to be having), but it could be entirely possible that the specific way they've designed/implemented the voice chat for LAN play would not work as well over the internet?

faridmon

I knew that.
I did, however, end up watching the video for the new Katy Perry song and I don't think I like music anymore. It's all bad now. Dan is right - which is the scariest thing I've ever said.

So you watched the 2 worst songs of the year and concluded you don't like music?

Everyone needs to hear Kelly Lee Owens. AOTY so far is by her and she is amazing!

LiK

Beastcast talking about FYE brought me back, I will always remember accidentally discovering a sealed copy of Suikoden II there a few weeks after someone told me how hard it was to find and how good it was. I didn't even know there was a sequel.

Top Bottom